Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon to Swans - official

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I'm happy Leon has gone, as i think the problem between him and McGhee was unsettling the team, and the last thing we need is that.

good luck to leon for the future, but let's put this fiasco behind us and get on with the job of consilidating our place in the Championship.

And bring on Chelsea in the 4th round of the cup. :clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The bloke played a HUGE part in getting us back in this league, that musn't be forgotten, although i feel his reputation has been soured.

He'll score bags of goals in that league, good luck to him

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Rookie said:
Well done McGhee force the best player at the club out when we are in a relegation battle, Genuis.
But hey the people on here get nearer the dream of McCammon and Robinson oh the goals and talent
[/QUOTE

Genuis (sic) indeed.

Remind me, how many goals has Leon scored since the first half of the play off season?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Man of Harveys said:
Genuis, are you saying Seb Carole has left too?!? Jeez, that is bad.
Don't be stupid.

Race, why didn't you tell us Tank had left?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rookie said:
Well done McGhee force the best player at the club out when we are in a relegation battle, Genuis.
But hey the people on here get nearer the dream of McCammon and Robinson oh the goals and talent
'Best player' tag is HIGHLY dubious. As I said earlier, the best players in a club have to have ability AND the right attitude. Where all know where Leon stands on those two fronts. Plus he was extremely disruptive, and he wanted to go. No-one stuck a gun to his head and told him to behave like a child. It was his choice. All he had to do was get his head down and work, but that seemed beyond him.

So why is McGhee being blamed for offloading such a liability? It would have taken the consent of all the management and the board for Knight's departure to go through.

Still, I have faith in CKR, Harty and Jakey, even if others don't.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
beardy gull said:
Rookie said:
[/QUOTE

Genuis (sic) indeed.

Remind me, how many goals has Leon scored since the first half of the play off season?
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Everest said:
Don't be stupid.

Race, why didn't you tell us Tank had left?

Exactly. Tank played every game in 2005 and hasn't got one yellow card this season.
Seb Carole is better than Leon imo.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The Large One said:
Still, I have faith in CKR, Harty and Jakey, even if others don't.

:ohmy:

For real? As a CHAMPIONSHIP attack? With McCammon and McPhee as the only backup?

Someone's been at the :smokin: :smokin: methinks!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
Exactly. Tank played every game in 2005 and hasn't got one yellow card this season.
Seb Carole is better than Leon imo.

Seb Carole is equally as skillful and has the right attitude, he also happens to be an Albion player :jester:

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
how much would MM compensation be to pay up contract? half of £125K = enough?

lose on saturday and we might find out.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
woodster said:

man with 69 posts, he say :bla:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

I'm in no way saying McGammon is good, far from it. McGhee knows he needs a new striker. Since when has Leon done anything in the Championship to write home about? He's too small and slow when it comes to this division, on his day he can play very well. But his ego is just too far up his own arse.

Robinson on the other hand is young and if you went to Southampton? would have seen he put in a good performance, he tries and that is something that Leon has not done for fook knows how long.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
woodster said:

One, no it wouldn't be.

Two, it's irrelevant because (and this is getting tedious having to state the bleeding obvious), whether you like it or not, McGhee is not going anywhere.

Anyway, no-one gets sacked after being dumped out of the cup.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
Nobody's Dupe had the inside track on Leon's move on another thread earlier today.

He was right about Leon, but what about his other predictions?

http://85.234.132.19/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64721

nobody's dupe said:
I'm surprised that there's no mention of Leon joining a Welsh club.

Come to think of it they don't mention about Albert Jarrett travelling on the M4 either; or Mark McCammon also going out on loan for the rest of the season.

Surely they will say something about Henderson signing for us and Michel going on loan to Rushden & Diamonds, or would that be premature?

Oh Mystic Dupe, can you reveal any more?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
so what if knights gone ,all players leave at some point.
Leons earnt himself a reputation as a disruptive little shit so it's better he go's now and we get some cash than wait till summer when he could leave for free. Leons lived off the promotion season for 2 years now at least we may get a striker who has something to proove.
I am not anti Leon knight but honestly dont really give a crap about ex-players,like them to do well but with a few exceptions not really that interested so although like everyone else i'm grateful for the goals he did score as soon as we get a regular goalscorer itll be a case of Leon who?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here