Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon to Swans - official

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I wonder if Leon will manage to drive to Wales and get to training on time now?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Leon : " Boss, Im on the M6 and Im gonna be late in this bleedin Traffic!!

:lolol:

The Large One said:
It has NEVER been his ability which has been called into question. It's is temperament and attitude. ALL of these qualities are required to be a Premiership quality player.

Someone obviously forgot to tell that to Lee Bowyer and the rest. Ho hum. Coppell never seemed to have a problem with him?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I will miss the lad but I think this is a good move for all parties.I'm sure if his attitude is good he will score goals for them this season. Aalthough they already have 2 very good strikers at that level in Trundle and Akifenwa so he's going to have to work hard to get into the side.

Still remains to be seen whether he'll ever cut it at Championship level though.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I think we might have got more for him. At least enough to cover what we had paid for him once Chelsea had taken their cut!

f***ing chelsea! :angry: :angry: Its one weeks wages for one of their reserves :angry:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thank you for the goals that got us promoted to the CCC, Leon...

That siad, glad to see you've gone, you arrogant little sh1t-stirring lazy to$$er... :wave:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Trundle is a great player, top scorer in League 1, but they will want more money than we have. Also he may not want to leave, they have a better stadium, are probably going to get promoted and hearing what he has said on Soccer AM, will think he is good enough for Premiership rather than struggling side in Championship

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
_wilka_ said:
I think we might have got more for him. At least enough to cover what we had paid for him once Chelsea had taken their cut!

f***ing chelsea! :angry: :angry: Its one weeks wages for one of their reserves :angry:
I believe we got him for free. Thats why the sell on clause was 50%

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Someone obviously forgot to tell that to Lee Bowyer and the rest. Ho hum. Coppell never seemed to have a problem with him?

He only had him for 3 months.

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
clarkey said:
Trundle is a great player, top scorer in League 1, but they will want more than we have. Also he may not want to leave, they have a better stadium, are probably going to get promoted and having seen him on Soccer AM, will think he is good enough for Premiership rather than struggling side in Championship

hes good but lacks pace

apparently the fans are turning against him a bit (apparently he gets a bad reception

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:

It's the implementation of talent that's the important part of temprement, it's about bouncing back, carrying on in adversity, applying yourself - whatever can said about Lee Bowyer he has done well in that - his best football was during his trial. Leon ont he other hand is a sulker, a whinger, and he'll never make it because of it.

And can WE please leave the Coppell thing alone now. Coppell didn't manage him for too long and every single other Manager that has worked with Leon has not got on with him. The evidence is OBVIOUS.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Starry said:
Ahh, you never know! Don't be so defeatist. It's not over until it's mathematically impossible to stay up.

Well said.
It comes to something when a Leeds supporter can tell the Brighton fans a thing or two (no offence intended to Starry)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here