Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon to Swans - official

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's just a shame he'll get booked for (Swan)diving in his first game to get a suspension.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
All the best leon, thanks for the goals. But regards to our best player, personally i don't think so. For me carole has been the player of this season sofar, and i think hinch will play in the premier league sooner than leon. Knight was our highest goalscorer and he was our best attacking threat but i am intressted to see who will be brought in to replace him, even tho mcghees previous striker signings have been poor apart from benjiman and CKR i don't think we can say we our doomed, lets just see who the replacment is first

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The M4 would be no good to Jarrett. He can't drive.

Thank f*** he's gone.

Hopefully now there'll be nobody going round the dressing room undermining the confidence of our young players as they are about to pull on the Albion shirt for Championship games.

f***ing up his own career was one thing but I will never forgive him for that last piece of traitorous spite before he left.

I expect him to score goals with Swansea, we know he can do that against the slower League 1 defenders, but I will lay any money that before the year is out he will have first bust-up with Kenny Jackett once he sees him coast through training as he did here.

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Thank God for that. LK was great in League 1, but for the past 18 months has been CRAP. Very skilful, but couldn't apply himself to making a go of Championship football. Plus, he's a bloody cheat, and I hated watching an Albion team trying to win penalties and free-kicks with pathetic oh-so obvious dives. Especially as refs were nearly always wise to it.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Can't be bothered to read most of the comments as they are probably slagging Leon off but I think he will be missed. He was the 2nd most gifted player at the club behind CKR IMHO and will thrive playing alongside someone of the passing talents of Trundle. I can see Knight scoring at least 10 goals for the swans this season.

Good luck Leon, you will be missed but it may take some time for some twats on here to realise it.

1066gull

Swans snap up Knight

Swansea City have completed the signing of exciting Brighton striker Leon Knight for £125,000.
The 23-year-old signed a two-and-a-half-year deal at the Liberty Stadium at 6pm tonight after passing a medical and will be eligible for Swansea's home game against the MK Dons on Tuesday night.
The pint-sized striker graduated through the youth ranks at Chelsea, but spent the early part of his career on loan at QPR, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday.
The Londoner has also appeared for England at Under-17, Under-18, Under-19 and Under-20 level.
He signed for Brighton on a two-year contract from Chelsea after impressing during a loan spell.
He went on to score the winning penalty at the Millennium Stadium which earned the Seagulls promotion to the Championship.
Swans boss Kenny Jackett is delighted with the signing, stating: "Leon is an exceptionally talented forward whose goal-scoring ability will be a huge asset to the squad.''
And according to former Brighton captain and youth team coach at Chelsea, Gary Chivers, Swansea have captured a player of Premiership quality.
Chivers believes Knight is the equal of West Ham striker Bobby Zamora, his goalscoring predecessor for the Seagulls.
"I think he is worth a go in the Premiership," Chivers said. "I think Leon is as good as Zamora.''

:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think this move was decided long before today, after all, you don't call a board meeting just to sanction a transfer request, more to discuss what to do with the fee and wages and how best to allocate them.

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Well I'm not happy one of our best players has gone but it was always going to happen and at least it brings an end to his fall out with Mcghee,
He'll be missed and I expect he'll do well at Swansea, hopefully we can find a good replacement.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
1066Seagull said:
Swans snap up Knight

Swansea City have completed the signing of exciting Brighton striker Leon Knight for £125,000.
The 23-year-old signed a two-and-a-half-year deal at the Liberty Stadium at 6pm tonight after passing a medical and will be eligible for Swansea's home game against the MK Dons on Tuesday night.
The pint-sized striker graduated through the youth ranks at Chelsea, but spent the early part of his career on loan at QPR, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday.
The Londoner has also appeared for England at Under-17, Under-18, Under-19 and Under-20 level.
He signed for Brighton on a two-year contract from Chelsea after impressing during a loan spell.
He went on to score the winning penalty at the Millennium Stadium which earned the Seagulls promotion to the Championship.
Swans boss Kenny Jackett is delighted with the signing, stating: "Leon is an exceptionally talented forward whose goal-scoring ability will be a huge asset to the squad.''
And according to former Brighton captain and youth team coach at Chelsea, Gary Chivers, Swansea have captured a player of Premiership quality.
Chivers believes Knight is the equal of West Ham striker Bobby Zamora, his goalscoring predecessor for the Seagulls.
"I think he is worth a go in the Premiership," Chivers said. "I think Leon is as good as Zamora.''

:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

So that would be the coach he fell out with would it?

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Im not too bothered personally, the team is more important than the player.
I think he was the top wage earner so hopefully free up some much needed funds.
League1 great striker
Championship????
Didn't do it for Brighton

We will have to wait and see

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
obviously not one of the 'crowd' - bothered.

do you really think MM has come out of this well? a bust up within the team - not uncommon and totally acceptable if KEPT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!!

this is not the first time and something aint right.

MM is no way bullet proof! but i am sure the likes of fake slim (who ever the f*** you are!) will say otherwise.

football is about opinions, i admire MM for what he has done under extremely difficult conditions. but something aint right in the squad - i believe it stems from MM way of managing players.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Good move for Leon, the way it looks he could be back in The Championship next season looking down on us in League One...

For fucks sake lets not waste the £62,500 on another 'one for the future'.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
woodster said:
obviously not one of the 'crowd' - bothered.

do you really think MM has come out of this well? a bust up within the team - not uncommon and totally acceptable if KEPT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!!

this is not the first time and something aint right.

MM is no way bullet proof! but i am sure the likes of fake slim (who ever the f*** you are!) will say otherwise.

football is about opinions, i admire MM for what he has done under extremely difficult conditions. but something aint right in the squad - i believe it stems from MM way of managing players.

Didnt he get sacked from mllwall for losing the changing room.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I think Leon regards himself as a better player than he actually is (and some knid of gansta). Yes he will be missed for his talent, when he could be bothered.

He'll gone on and try (and score) a fair few in the second half of this season, just to prove McGhee wrong and he will harp on about it too, just watch - thats how he works. I know a lot of people like him but his atitude was clear to see even in little things like when he scored a goal.

Swan-diving was a good call. :D

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I thought this news would bother me, but it hasn't.

I'm not going to slag of Leon because he is a talented lad. But I don't think him leaving is to the detriment of the team, and it isn't like we're going to miss his goals.

Good luck to him at Swansea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here