Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon to Swans - official

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
woodster said:
obviously not one of the 'crowd' - bothered.

do you really think MM has come out of this well? a bust up within the team - not uncommon and totally acceptable if KEPT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!!

this is not the first time and something aint right.

MM is no way bullet proof! but i am sure the likes of fake slim (who ever the f*** you are!) will say otherwise.

football is about opinions, i admire MM for what he has done under extremely difficult conditions. but something aint right in the squad - i believe it stems from MM way of managing players.
That's one opinion.

You're correct - something wasn't right in the squad, and that problem has now been removed.

McGhee possibly could have done better, but we all make mistakes. The wrong thing is not learning by them. I sometimes fear Leon will never learn.

Leon certainly had no intention of keeping the situation 'behind closed doors', blabbing off to the press this week. What could McGhee do? He tried everything with Leon, and the spiteful little shit didn't want to know. He had been warned and warned and warned, and he still didn't learn.

The rest of the squad have the utmost respect for McGhee, occasional petulent tantrums aside - it's a complete myth to say they don't. The silver lining from this is that I firmly believe that this will bring the squad closer together and his absence will instill more confidence in the younger players.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Knight Joins Swansea

By Paul Camillin
Striker Leon Knight has left Albion tonight and joined Swansea City for a cash fee of £125,000. The deal thrashed out by Albion Chairman Dick Knight with his Swansea counterpart Huw Jenkins also includes an undisclosed sell-on clause.

Hackney-born Knight agreed personal terms on a two-and-a-half-year deal with the Welshman earlier today and passed a medical at the Liberty Stadium at 6pm this evening.

The Swans beat off competition from two other League 1 clubs to sign the 23-year-old former Chelsea, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday player.

Knight scored 36 goals in 120 senior appearances for Albion. The bulk came in a superb 27-goal haul in the succesful promotion campaign in 2003/04. This season Knight had managed five goals in 26 League and Cup appearances.

Manager Mark McGhee said, "I wish Leon good luck and I hope that we see him in the Championship at Withdean next season."

Knight added, "None of us will forget the contribution he made to get us into this League - not least on that wonderful day at the Millennium Stadium - but it was time for Leon to move on. We will now be stepping up our search for the right striker or strikers."

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So he is off to play in the NTL.com Dwarf League of Wales

Good luck mate and thanks for memories.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I would imagine that Huddersfield probably tried.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyHitler said:
Didnt he get sacked from mllwall for losing the changing room.

No. He left by mutual consent. Not the same thing.

Didn't Leon get into a lot of bother for tantrums at Sheff Wed in second tier football level?

Touche.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Thank goodness for that.

Think we can move forward now.

And the move will be good for Leon. He'll score goals at that level although if they come up he may struggle again I suspect.

Not a bad signing for the Swans though, may well seal their promotion in a tough division.

Please god now let us sign a decent proven goalscorer, Shipperly would do just fine. :clap:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Just emailed my Swansea supporting mate thus:

He’ll start off like a train. The fans will love him and for the rest of this season he’ll be a hero.
Next season he’ll probably do pretty well as well, but towards the end he will start getting petulant and you’ll see his work rate drop.
The season after he’ll be a little spoilt brat and he’ll move somewhere else.

Repeat for the next 15 years. If he’s lucky.

BUT he IS a good player.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
attila said:
Just emailed my Swansea supporting mate thus:

He’ll start off like a train. The fans will love him and for the rest of this season he’ll be a hero.
Next season he’ll probably do pretty well as well, but towards the end he will start getting petulant and you’ll see his work rate drop.
The season after he’ll be a little spoilt brat and he’ll move somewhere else.

Repeat for the next 15 years. If he’s lucky.

BUT he IS a good player.

In. One.

Expect lots of McGhee-baiting from our "fans" during the honeymoon period while he's proving a point and a (thankful) silence when the Fisher-Price starts flying again thereafter.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I'm glad we've put a sell on clause in the sale......we will have another bit of cash in the future, as there is no way he will settle anywhere for more than a couple of years, all the time he's got a hole in his arse

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Shame that a player with such obvious talent goes out this way. Swansea fans are notoriously unforgiving for lacklustre players, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes when he is having a 'moment'...

I wish him all the best though.

I do sometimes wonder just how committed pro players are though... let's be fair about it, maybe he could have made much more effort to the cause.. moving to the area would have been nice. He moved from an area of London to another area of London, so it smacks of non-commitment a touch.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Jam The Man said:
Shame that a player with such obvious talent goes out this way. Swansea fans are notoriously unforgiving for lacklustre players, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes when he is having a 'moment'...

I wish him all the best though.

I do sometimes wonder just how committed pro players are though... let's be fair about it, maybe he could have made much more effort to the cause.. moving to the area would have been nice. He moved from an area of London to another area of London, so it smacks of non-commitment a touch.

Chippy lives in kent
Hart in essex
tank soton

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bakesy said:
I'm glad we've put a sell on clause in the sale......we will have another bit of cash in the future, as there is no way he will settle anywhere for more than a couple of years, all the time he's got a hole in his arse

Chelsea get part of that as well

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
johnny jigsaw said:
"I think he is worth a go in the P...ish football careers, attitudes do. :albion:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yorkie said:
I wonder if Leon will manage to drive to Wales and get to training on time now?

I was thinking the exact same thing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here