Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon to Swans - official

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
jimmyseagull said:
I'm happy Leon has gone, as i think the problem between him and McGhee was unsettling the team, and the last thing we need is that.

good luck to leon for the future, but let's put this fiasco behind us and get on with the job of consilidating our place in the Championship.

And bring on Chelsea in the 4th round of the cup. :clap:

I'd prefer to play Chelsea in the Final. If we played them in the 4th we'd get knocked out.

:wave:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tom Hark said:
Complete shite. you don't go from a 27 goal a season player to a 4 or 5 goal a season player unless you are being played shockingly out of position. OK, you go up a grade, you might expect a striker to drop in goals scored, but not by that degree. Unless he's been moved to the wing or to a midfield position.

Confidently expect Leon to score a shitload of goals for Swansea.

McGhee, on the other hand, is a disgrace to the Albion.
Ross, I'd really expect better from you.

A club is not built around one player, and no-one forced Leon to behave like an arsehole. But so what if he's out on the wing, he did very well there. I don't outrightly blame Leon for his lack of goals, but his attitude to those around him - including his team mates at times leave a lot to be desired.

Actually, at times, they were utterly disgraceful.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Large One said:
Ross, I'd really expect better from you.

A club is not built around one player, and no-one forced Leon to behave like an arsehole. But so what if he's out on the wing, he did very well there. I don't outrightly blame Leon for his lack of goals, but his attitude to those around him - including his team mates at times leave a lot to be desired.

Actually, at times, they were utterly disgraceful.

I'm sorry Alan, but like everybody else I feel strongly about this. IMHO Leon had really knuckled down to the crap roles he's been given in the last two seasons. He grafted with the best of them, took a lot of knocks and even rid himself of that falling down clutching his head thing completely. OK, he's a deep little character, but a good man-manager has got to be able to bring the best out of the sulkers and the more complex players. Threatening to chuck people off the bus only works up to a certain point. Not in the least surprised Leon told him to swivel. Leon IMHO remains a quality close-quarters goal-scorer and I'm pretty pissed off to see him leave.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
I'm sorry Alan, but like everybody else I feel strongly about this. IMHO Leon had really knuckled down to the crap roles he's been given in the last two seasons. He grafted with the best of them, took a lot of knocks and even rid himself of that falling down clutching his head thing completely. OK, he's a deep little character, but a good man-manager has got to be able to bring the best out of the sulkers and the more complex players. Threatening to chuck people off the bus only works up to a certain point. Not in the least surprised Leon told him to swivel. Leon IMHO remains a quality close-quarters goal-scorer and I'm pretty pissed off to see him leave.

Do you know for absolute certainty that McGhee threatened to chuck him off the coach.
You weren't there.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Complete shite. you don't go from a 27 goal a season player to a 4 or 5 goal a season player unless you are being played shockingly out of position. OK, you go up a grade, you might expect a striker to drop in goals scored, but not by that degree. Unless he's been moved to the wing or to a midfield position.

Confidently expect Leon to score a shitload of goals for Swansea.

McGhee, on the other hand, is a disgrace to the Albion.

And you accuse me of posting total shite?

Knight might do well at Swansea-if he can be bothered to turn up on time for training. Their manager is more of a disciplinarian than McGhee so it could be interesting. If he acts like he's done for most of this season he'll be out on his ear:

Copied from a Swansea site "He does seem like a good signing but 1 thing i question is his attitude after having a bust up with his last manager and knowing how strict KJ is , i just hope they will get along as KJ takes no prisoners we only need to look at Gurney for that"

He's only just signed and some are already asking questions about his attitude.

:lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
f***ing up his own career was one thing but I will never forgive him for that last piece of traitorous spite before he left.

f***ing up his career? I bet he's just had a pay rise! And a fat signing-on fee.

I wish my career was so f***ed up......

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Tom Hark said:
I'm sorry Alan, but like everybody else I feel strongly about this. IMHO Leon had really knuckled down to the crap roles he's been given in the last two seasons. He grafted with the best of them, took a lot of knocks and even rid himself of that falling down clutching his head thing completely.

"knuckled down", "grafted", "rid himself of that falling down clutching his head thing" - your opinion maybe but utter bollox - what have you been watching this season?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tom Hark said:
Crap roles? Since when was playing on the wing crap? He had one change of role this season, and that was against Derby on the first day. Yes, some of the diving left his game, and I genuniely thought he had finally turned the corner at the beginning of this season, but when he realised that wasn't doing any good, he soon reverted to type.

Face it, he's always been a cheat, but we haven't moaned because he's been our cheat. He is not THAT good a player, not enough to justify this stupid behaviour and deserve special treatment. Why should McGhee put up with a disruptive player who puts down his fellow team-mates in public? What do you think the other players feel?

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
Good luck to him at Swansea, but I don't think we'll miss him. 5 goals for a striker who believed he was a better player than he was. CKR has looked more impressive this year is younger and never played at this level. He's a good player but is a way off proving himself in this league as Swansea may well find out if they are up next season.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Everyone on the terraces and boards know how I have felt about Mr. Knight fir a long time now, and I am glad to see he has gone. Now hopefully, now that his obvious disruptive influence has gone, we can salvage the rest of the season.

I will be watching the newspapers for one thing though. If Mr. Knight carries on at Swansea, like he has done at Brighton, I do wonder how the fans will react to him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
f***ing up his career? I bet he's just had a pay rise! And a fat signing-on fee.

I wish my career was so f***ed up......

Quite. Maybe they'll even let him play up-front and put the ball to his feet.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Quite. Maybe they'll even let him play up-front and put the ball to his feet.

If he can be bothered to run for it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I fully expect Leon to bag a dozen goals by the end of the season.

But that's only half the story. Being so stupid as to openly slag off his team mates when he doesn't have the mandate to do so is never going to win anyone any friends.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I can see this thread being resurrected more times than the one about the Russki billionaire. By the way..........

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Players come and players go, big deal that Knight has gone. he was hardly setting this division on fire and was never going to in what is lets face it a weak team.

I have no intention of wishing him good luck as he couldn't be arsed to pull his f***ing finger out on too many occasions and rarely delivered 100% performances.

He'll probably do well in a good Swansea team that is looking for an automatic promotion spot but after that will probably think he is way above Swansea and revert back to form and be shite again.

I can't believe all the 'rose-tinted can't say a bad word about Knight' fans there are on here. He has consistently underperformed at this level and his lack of application and poor attitude speak volumes for the gobshite egotistical little twat.

Cheers leon...next please.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Off you swagger back to a comfortable playing level Leon. :wave:

I have no doubt goals will follow, after all you are better than your mate Defoe..... :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I was hunting the forums for this after reading a couple of floating posts. Completley missed the sticky. :shootself

Good luck LK, now McGhee can concentrate on the rest of the team and keep us up in the league (as well as a cup run to the semi's).

I love optimism. :love:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
All the best Leon. I hope that Swansea will appreciate your strengths rather more than we did. I can't believe we've just sold our most naurally gifted player. What a waste. It's a real shame that McGhee and Leon couldn't have settled their respective differences with each other in an amicable way.

:nono:

Last edited:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Zebedee said:
All the best Leon. I hope that Swansea will appreciate your strengths rather more than we did. I can't believe we've just sold our most naurally gifted player. What a waste. It's a real shame that McGhee and Leon couldn't have settled their respective differences with each other in an amicable way.

:nono:

Tricky to settle between someone trying to keep the club in the division under exceptionally difficult circumstances and another who couldn't give a f*** about anything other than personal glory.

I'll leave you to decide which is which.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Sorry if this has already been asked, i cant be bothered to read the whole thread....but didn't Chelsea put on a sell on clause for him? if so, wouldnt that mean we get less money to spend on players than the £125,000????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here