Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon to Swans - official

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Cereal Killer said:
Sorry if this has already been asked, i cant be bothered to read the whole thread....but didn't Chelsea put on a sell on clause for him? if so, wouldnt that mean we get less money to spend on players than the £125,000????
It seems to be accepted as fact on NSC that they did, but I cannot recall any mention of it at the time we signed him and there is nothing about it on the official site which you would assume there would be if it existed.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Silent Bob said:
It seems to be accepted as fact on NSC that they did, but I cannot recall any mention of it at the time we signed him and there is nothing about it on the official site which you would assume there would be if it existed.

Try here:

From when he first signed

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hmmm.

No mention of 50% though.

I'm sure we will find out in due course. ???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If it was the latter would that mean we would just have to give them £12500 then?

It's stupid anyway, what is that to them? :shootself

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Business is business I suppose....

The Laughing Bluebird said:
f***ing up his career? I bet he's just had a pay rise! And a fat signing-on fee.

I wish my career was so f***ed up......

Well I never, a Baadiff fan piping up to say nice things about a Swansea player, wonders will never cease. I guess it's been a strange day all round :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Incredigull said:
Jeff Minton left for better things and ended up where ??
Can't remember, can you ??

Apart from Bobby, has any Albion player really gone onto better things?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
mark lawrenson perhaps, but cant think of too many more?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We all know two things about Leon, one is that he could be very good and the other is that he has never made the grade at any club he has been at. So much potential and so poor at application.

For us he would have been a waste of space for the rest of the season, just another striker who can't score. For Swansea he will do well for this season, thereafter I doubt it.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Gary Chivers :drink:
Leon Knight:angry:
Me:clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dare I suggest Eric Young?: He's got something no Albion player has ever won whilst here- an FA Cup winner's medal :ohmy:

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
A few in the 80's like Danny Wilson, Mike Robinson etc but not that many lately.

The good news is we got our money back, paid Chelsea their cut and we can look for a striker who can score at this level, does not throw his toys out of the pram at every opportunity and might show some passion for the team and not their own ego!

Good riddance Leon.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
binary said:
A few in the 80's like Danny Wilson, Mike Robinson etc but not that many lately.

The good news is we got our money back, paid Chelsea their cut and we can look for a striker who can score at this level, does not throw his toys out of the pram at every opportunity and might show some passion for the team and not their own ego!

Good riddance Leon.

That is if anyone with talent will come to work under McGee!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here