Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon to Swans - official

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
It's now on the BBC website (at last).

"Should Swansea ever sell Knight in the future, Brighton will benefit from an undisclosed sell-on clause thrashed out between Brighton chairman Dick Knight (no relation) and opposite number Huw Jenkins. "

No relation? How do they work that out? Leon and DK look like brothers, surely?!

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Can't imagine much of leon's money going on transfers, will free up wages i suppose, but we desperately need a replacement.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'm not unhappy that he's gone because he was no longer contributing and has a chip on his shoulder the size of a block of flats.

That said, for sticking that pen away at Cardiff, right in front of 30,000 of us, to earn us promotion under extraordinary pressure, he goes with my best wishes for the future.

Hopefully we can get someone in who knows how to score goals in this division. We've already got plenty of 'promising' players, we need a slightly older head at the front of the team as well as Butters at the back.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
SELL ON

Chelsea have a sell on clause on Nicholas as well, think it was about 70%

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sid James said:
CKR & Carole don't seem to have a problem with McGhee. I wonder why ?

I'm sure there was only one individual who had a problem with McGhee recently and he's now gone-thank fugg for that because he will no longer be able to poison other players' minds.

There will always be players who aren't happy all the time-it happens everywhere and at every club-and it's nearly always because they aren't playing in the first team. Most work to get back in the team, the odd one (hello Leon) throws a strop, turns up late for training, bad mouths his manager, team-mates and storms out when dropped.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
I will reserve judgement on whether I'm sorry to see him go until I see who the replacement is.

Frankly, I don't give a monkeys how horrible a personality he has, I don't have to drink with him! All I care about is that our main option to score has left the club.

If the replacement will fit into the team pattern and score us 7-10 goals between now and the end of the season then fine.
If not then McGhee has to answer for it, as I'm sure he is aware. Managers get judged on exactly these types of big decisions.

That said a talented big man with either CKR or Jake could be exactly what we need, Shipperly will do...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Infernal Optimist said:

If the replacement will fit into the team pattern and score us 7-10 goals between now and the end of the season then fine.
If not then McGhee has to answer for it, as I'm sure he is aware. Managers get judged on exactly these types of big decisions.

But Knight neither fitted in nor scored that many goals, so I disagree. On your other point that I just deleted - I watched Shipperly play for the Blades at Southampton last week - he is not going to be going anywhere, least of all to us.

If Knight is such a big star, why did no-one better than Swansea, Swindon and MK Dons come in for him?

A. Because he is an over-rated little c unt.

Mar 24, 2005
culvers said:
Can't imagine much of leon's money going on transfers, will free up wages i suppose, but we desperately need a replacement.
it's always the way. when these transfer windows open we end up getting rid of more players than we sign.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
so the little man is coming to wales,swansea,well I could not stop laughing 125k no wonder he went so quick,I bet they snatched their hands off,he will score goals at that level he is proven their,but lets hope he never gets to the championship with swansea,he will dry up as he did with the albion.

I had a lot of respect for gary chivers,but premiership striker bollocks why then did chelsea get rid when they might have got a good fee for him had they held on to him .
62.5k won't buy a class striker but it might go some way to getting an old warhorse who will take the pressure off the youngsters until they are ready to go it alone ,there are plenty about it's just finding the right one.

wish you luck leon in one strike you gave us the championship and for that you will live in albion history. :bowdown:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
True.

But this is here and now, and we need that cash more than Chelsea.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Sid James said:
CKR & Carole don't seem to have a problem with McGhee. I wonder why ?

They cannot speak English and McGhee does not speak french

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Sheffield Wednesday fans posting on Swansea fans site now

No1OwlsFan Posted on 6/1 16:12 Email this Message | Edit | Reply
Leon Knight...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The biggest trouble causer and waste of space i have ever had the misfortune of seeing pull on a Sheffield Wednesday shirt, always after a ruck on and off the pitch fell out with BOTH managers at Brighton and Sheff Wed, and he'll embarras you with his drama Queen antics on the pitch

Leon Knight has trouble written all over him, Mark McGhee stopped the team coach half way up the motorway last week and threatened to throw him off

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
hans kraay fan club said:
If Knight is such a big star, why did no-one better than Swansea, Swindon and MK Dons come in for him?

To be fair, it's not like Swansea are a small club - they'll likely overtake us in the next few seasons. A good move for him.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
fosters headband said:
Sheffield Wednesday fans posting on Swansea fans site now

No1OwlsFan Posted on 6/1 16:12 Email this Message | Edit | Reply
Leon Knight...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The biggest trouble causer and waste of space i have ever had the misfortune of seeing pull on a Sheffield Wednesday shirt, always after a ruck on and off the pitch fell out with BOTH managers at Brighton and Sheff Wed, and he'll embarras you with his drama Queen antics on the pitch

Leon Knight has trouble written all over him, Mark McGhee stopped the team coach half way up the motorway last week and threatened to throw him off

At least they know now. But its too late for them, they've already spent £125,000 someone who will wreck their team spirit and as a result they probably wont go up. He will think he is the BIG shot at Swansea, and god help them if he gets dropped.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
woodster said:
obviously not one of the 'crowd' - bothered.

do you really think MM has come out of this well? a bust up within the team - not uncommon and totally acceptable if KEPT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!!

this is not the first time and something aint right.

MM is no way bullet proof! but i am sure the likes of fake slim (who ever the f*** you are!) will say otherwise.

football is about opinions, i admire MM for what he has done under extremely difficult conditions. but something aint right in the squad - i believe it stems from MM way of managing players.

Huh?

It was a totally stupid comment about him getting sacked after saturday so i gave it the respect it dserved...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here