Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight to Notts Forest for £400K??!!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
KinkyGoebels said:
Am I? Virgo was dire in some games last year but got away with it because who he was

Oh really? I guess that's why he got player of the season too then, which by the way is a poll, and not NSC opinion.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Leon's control and vision is brilliant - he rarely loses the ball and his passing is superb. BUT I don't think he is the prolific striker that he seemed to be when he scored 27 goals in Div 2. I see him more as a creator - either from midfield (behind the front two - or in a five man midfield) or a the second 'Zola/Dalglish/Bergkamp-type' creative striker.

£400k for him???? - not sure, probably the going rate bearing in mind he has only scored 7 goals in roughly one and a half seasons at this level.

Would we be better off without him??? - we would definately miss his creativity. The £400k would pay for a goalscorer but who would supply the ammo? Having said that, Kid Carole is as skilful as Leon IMHO

sirmax2004

Sep 7, 2005
Brighton
the reason leon knight got loadsa goals in his first season was because the likes of iwelumo and big trev were usefull target men at that level, who caused defenders plenty of physical problems leaving space for leon to roam. also jones and OGH were decent wingers at that level who could beat defenders and get crosses in for knight and others to get onto. (plus all the pens we got)

i think the prolem is that knight still hasn't got a target man to play off and he is expected to score goals as well as create them and he can't do both without help.

rather than letting our best player go, we should be trying to find someone to play with him imho

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
XooX said:
A mate of mine from Leicester has called to say that he has heard on local radio up there that Forest are looking to bid £400K for Knight!!!

I can't verify the story but he's a reliable lad and wouldn't lie about it and would have no reason to.

Anybody else heard any similar rumours??

Personally I think it could be his agent stoking the rumour fires following his latest spat with McGhee but 400 big ones would be good business in my books.
BOLLOCKS

E

enigma

sirmax2004 said:
the reason leon knight got loadsa goals in his first season was because the likes of iwelumo and big trev were usefull target men at that level, who caused defenders plenty of physical problems leaving space for leon to roam. also jones and OGH were decent wingers at that level who could beat defenders and get crosses in for knight and others to get onto. (plus all the pens we got)

i think the prolem is that knight still hasn't got a target man to play off and he is expected to score goals as well as create them and he can't do both without help.

rather than letting our best player go, we should be trying to find someone to play with him imho

Good points. Lets hope Turi is the man

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
sirmax2004 said:

There is a reason he was ment to be the next Zola at Chelsea.....

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
KinkyGoebels said:

Who has ever made that statement ?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
KinkyGoebels said:

True, the boy's got talent but maybe he didnt make it at chelsea because of his attitude?! Just a thought. The season we went up he was even worse attitude wise but scored the goals so nobody complained but now he's not scoring people wont put up with it.

KinkyGoebels said:
If Mcghee had kept last weeks episode behind closed doors Leon might still want to sign for the long term (dunno if he doesnt, but i should think he has doubts in his mind)

Except you said exactly the same thing last time Leon was left out - OVER AND OVER AGAIN - and Leon signed. You never let that worry you, do you? :lolol:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
London Irish said:
Except you said exactly the same thing last time Leon was left out - OVER AND OVER AGAIN - and Leon signed. You never let that worry you, do you? :lolol:

KG is obsessed with Leon Knight! Every post I read from his is a one man army!! :lolol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
KinkyGoebels said:

If Leon goes will you please stop watching us and making us plough through your reams of your crap on this website please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here