Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight to Notts Forest for £400K??!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
hove born&bred said:
I know some cheaper ST at WHL are comparible with the Withers ...listen lad you are able to support the most exciting frustrating wonderful team in the south of England........so give up the Spurs thing unless of course you were born under a North London post code.

yeah but you dont get free travel which is half the problem

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Snatch their hand off!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
McGhee was salivating at the prospect of Marcus Tudgay. I think he'd be perfect for us, quick and good finisher, shame that has gone a bit quiet.

Yeah, I rate Tudgay, although I was under the impression Derby did too. Not sure he compares to Leon, although I wouldn't object to having him.

Repugnant Toad said:
Yeah, I rate Tudgay, although I was under the impression Derby did too. Not sure he compares to Leon, although I wouldn't object to having him.

I think he'd be much more prolific. He has that little extra few yards of pace over 10 yards that Leon doesn't have.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
London Irish said:
I think he'd be much more prolific. He has that little extra few yards of pace over 10 yards that Leon doesn't have.

And he's a local lad.

E

enigma

London Irish said:

And he's taller. Seems more of a striker than Leon. I think Leon is a second striker rather than a main man, a zola or bergkamp if you like. I know he scored all those goals in League 1 but I think he is best playing off someone. He should however be aiming to score 10-15 a season ideally.

enigma said:
And he's taller. Seems more of a striker than Leon. I think Leon is a second striker rather than a main man, a zola or bergkamp if you like. I know he scored all those goals in League 1 but I think he is best playing off someone. He should however be aiming to score 10-15 a season ideally.

Leon's scoring record was odd in that League 1 - loads of goals playing with Darius Henderson and Chris McPhee in the first few months of the season, then drying up when he played with Benjamin and Iwelumo.

I think what happened is that other teams sussed him quite quickly that year, marked him more closely and he didn't really have the pace to get away from tight marking. Which is his goal-scoring weakness to this day, particularly against Championship defenders who are generally much quicker than him.

KinkyGoebels said:
Please tell me you are just trying to wind me up and are not infact a retard

Ooooooh

:handbag smilie:

Repugnant Toad said:
Bigger than I thought, at 5'11". Fine, I'll take him.

Yep, pointless discussion though - as most of these player discussions tend to be on NSC - as he's just started scoring for Derby again :(

E

enigma

London Irish said:
Leon's scoring record was odd in that League 1 - loads of goals playing with Darius Henderson and Chris McPhee in the first few months of the season, then drying up when he played with Benjamin and Iwelumo.

I think what happened is that other teams sussed him quite quickly that year, marked him more closely and he didn't really have the pace to get away from tight marking. Which is his goal-scoring weakness to this day, particularly against Championship defenders who are generally much quicker than him.

Very true. For instance, I dont think he had scored anywhere near those figures in previous years.

Henderson was much maligned on NSC but seems to be doing well at Watford.

The trouble is with Leon is that he is small, so easy to knock off the ball, and when marked tightly finds if difficult to escape the marking.

E

enigma

perseus said:
Who?

Ricketts could work come January (but this is unlikely, Leeds still pay most of his wages). But Knight is too lightweight for midfield where his passing is the best we have got. And he can't score goals in the higher standard.

Stop banging on about Ricketts, no way would we afford his wages and he has the wrong attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here