Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight to Notts Forest for £400K??!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
London Irish said:
Percy, we were down to about 14 or 15 fit outfield players for the Palace game. You are having a laugh :glare:

Off the top of my head: Turienzo, Dodd, McPhee, McCammon, Nicolas, Jarrett or Knight.

Except we need two class players, one in central midfield, and (of course) I would not release (sell) Knight unless we had somebody better?

In principle, the reserves are not up to it. Better quality than quantity.

E

enigma

perseus said:
Off the top of my head: Turienzo, Dodd, McPhee, McCammon, Nicolas, Jarrett or Knight.

Except we need two class players, one in central midfield, and (of course) I would not release (sell) Knight unless we had somebody better?

In principle, the reserves are not up to it. Better quality than quantity.

You are chatting bollocks as usual. If we got rid of that many, we wouldn't have a squad.

To get rid of Turienzo and Dodd after hardly seeing them play wouldn't really make sense would it? And who would necessarily want them? You dont really know if they're up to it.

Nicolas is a young player with a decent future, so why release him? Ditto Jarrett, although he still needs to learn certain aspects of the game.

One of McCammon and McPhee is too much, in which case I would get rid of McPhee as at least McCammon has got goals at this level.

And Alan Lee 1.5k a week? I'd be very surprised. I know a Bristol City player on 4k a week, and the majority of championship players would be earning more than Lee if he was on 1.5k.
Now Im not suggesting the guy is a top striker in this league, but if they paid 850k to buy him and he has a few caps for Ireland, I very much doubt he is on that "little".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here