Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight to Notts Forest for £400K??!!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Uncle Buck said:
Why would they do that? We agreed to a sell on when we signed him and so we have to honour it. There is no way a business, even one as cash rich as Chelsea will turn down money that is owed to them.

But remember we are Brighton, everyone loves us:shootself

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Race said:
He's at Gillingham now.

How about David Johnson then? I mean we aint goining to buy somebody as good as leon for 400k and we need goals

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Uncle Buck said:
Why would they do that? We agreed to a sell on when we signed him and so we have to honour it. There is no way a business, even one as cash rich as Chelsea will turn down money that is owed to them.

No, but they're always looking for good PR, I'm sure DK could sell it in such a way that Chelsea gain more than 200k. Face it, that's 2 weeks wages to Frank L but possibly a couple months for our entire squad.

Anyway it's all academic, why would LK want to label himself as a lower division striker.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Stst Brother said:
No, but they're always looking for good PR, I'm sure DK could sell it in such a way that Chelsea gain more than 200k. Face it, that's 2 weeks wages to Frank L but possibly a couple months for our entire squad.

Anyway it's all academic, why would LK want to label himself as a lower division striker.

LK might think Forest sleeping giant etc or there again they might give him a bucket of cash

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Franks Wild Years said:
Utter bollocks. What we need is another player for leon to play off. Despite his tantrums he's still one of our best players.

Who?

Ricketts could work come January (but this is unlikely, Leeds still pay most of his wages). But Knight is too lightweight for midfield where his passing is the best we have got. And he can't score goals in the higher standard.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ready to be flamed but I would be happy with a swap for Chris Commons who looks a class midfielder to me and aslo scores goals- 6 last season I believe. Personally had enough of Leon's seasonal tantrums, he's not good enough to be worth the aggro he causes imo.

Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Icy Gull said:
Ready to be flamed but I would be happy with a swap for Chris Commons who looks a class midfielder to me and aslo scores goals- 6 last season I believe

He'd cost a LOT more than Leon I believe.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Uncle Buck said:
Because there are grades of trolley. McCammon is a Aldi Trolley, Ricketts is more of a Sainsbury's Trolley and Drogba is probably a Harrods Trolley.

:lolol:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Commons or Johnson won't come down here! I'd swap him for Cullip, then we could push McShane into the holding midfield role.

sirmax2004

Sep 7, 2005
Brighton
brightonfan_86 said:
If Knight goes to Notts Forest, then we're going to book a one way ticket to League One. :(

agreed. LK's our best, most creative player and even if we had money i think we'd struggle to replace him as no-one of his calibre will want to play at withdean

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I reckon thats good business and I'd rip Forests arm off for it.

younger players will consider a move here with our new confirmed potential, and hopefully inward investment will release a little money to ensure we stay where we are.

I've never rated Leon the Newt that highly anyway and it wouldn't be hard to find a replacement who scores as many. I'd rather see Stumpy Tim up front, at least he gets 2 a game sometimes :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here