Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight to Notts Forest for £400K??!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
zefarelly said:
I reckon thats good business and I'd rip Forests arm off for it.

younger players will consider a move here with our new confirmed potential, and hopefully inward investment will release a little money to ensure we stay where we are.

I've never rated Leon the Newt that highly anyway and it wouldn't be hard to find a replacement who scores as many. I'd rather see Stumpy Tim up front, at least he gets 2 a game sometimes :clap:

If you dont rate Leon my word you must think Robinson, Ckr, Mcphee etc are shit

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagull73 said:
He's not going anywhere until January 1st anyway, so we've plenty of time to line up a replacement....

But mcghees got no money is the party line is it not?

even if he has ill look forward to marney returning

le fabue

Have an adequate day
Jan 19, 2005
Bramley
We could get a better goalscorer for £400k than Leon - even if we spent the money on a top quality loan striker's wages for a limited period it may be more fruitful at helping us stay in the division.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagullible said:
have to say I can see why the use of those smilies. Kinky may as well change his name to LK's Love Monkey as he won't accept any critisism on Leon and does come up with some extreme statements. Personally I rate Leon and don't want him to go and I don't think he will.

What and you dont defend Kuipers to the halt?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
KinkyGoebels said:
If you dont rate Leon my word you must think Robinson, Ckr, Mcphee etc are shit

You are probably right, he is better than CKR and Robinson at the moment. However, how many goals has he scored from open play since October 2003? If you look at the stats it would not be very impressive. He is played as a goal scorer and personally, with his contract running out and various other options why not sell him if we got a £400k offer? I think if we had a target man Robinson/CKR would both improve.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
le fabue said:
We could get a better goalscorer for £400k than Leon - even if we spent the money on a top quality loan striker's wages for a limited period it may be more fruitful at helping us stay in the division.

Namely?

Besides, even if we could get a better goalscorer, could we get a better creative striker, which is much more what Leon brings to the team?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Finchley Seagull said:
You are probably right, he is better than CKR and Robinson at the moment. However, how many goals has he scored from open play since October 2003? If you look at the stats it would not be very impressive. He is played as a goal scorer and personally, with his contract running out and various other options why not sell him if we got a £400k offer? I think if we had a target man Robinson/CKR would both improve.

Yes i forgot he is only in the team to score - take away points from the games where he help in creating goals.
ill start
Ipswich, thats 1
Leeds,thats another point
plymouth
crewe, thats yet another point

but that doesnt matter because he doesnt score enough

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Goring Gull said:
But remeber even if it happens it won't be MM's fault.

Will you please change the frigging record-it is beyond tedious now?

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
400k would be utter rape if he was to go, Knight is and has been our best player since we signed him 2 1/2 seasons ago.

Put him in the Team McGhee or clear you f***ing desk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
KinkyGoebels said:
Yes i forgot he is only in the team to score - take away points from the games where he help in creating goals.
ill start
Ipswich, thats 1
Leeds,thats another point
plymouth
crewe, thats yet another point

but that doesnt matter because he doesnt score enough

I am sorry I take it all back. We do not need out strikers to worry about scoring goals as all they do is win matches. Whatever your contribution to the team, you cannot afford to have a striker scoring four goals in a season.

He may not only be in the team to score goals but it would help if he got a few. Personally, I think that Carole is more skillful than Leon but I would still keep him if we can. However, with his contract running out, I believe £400k is a very tempting offer if this is true.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Uncle Buck said:
Ah the timeless NSC response when the poster has run out of reasons. Got to love the fact that smileys can get you out of any hole.

Not at all. I'm just bored of his complete shit.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Kaney said:
400k would be utter rape if he was to go, Knight is and has been our best player since we signed him 2 1/2 seasons ago.

Put him in the Team McGhee or clear you f***ing desk

What you think that he was better than Virgo last season...?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Finchley Seagull said:
I am sorry I take it all back. We do not need out strikers to worry about scoring goals as all they do is win matches. Whatever your contribution to the team, you cannot afford to have a striker scoring four goals in a season.

He may not only be in the team to score goals but it would help if he got a few. Personally, I think that Carole is more skillful than Leon but I would still keep him if we can. However, with his contract running out, I believe £400k is a very tempting offer if this is true.

If Mcghee had kept last weeks episode behind closed doors Leon might still want to sign for the long term (dunno if he doesnt, but i should think he has doubts in his mind)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Seagull73 said:
Not at all. I'm just bored of his complete shit.

In fairness, it is not shit. Shit is putting some opinion up there and not backing it up or using smileys. As much as the goat boy does go on the wind up on this board and the gimps do have a habit of falling for it, he on the football side, does as a rule have some facts to back his argument up. Something a lot on here do not do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here