Lee Hendrie

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3412344 said:
Well I'm happy!

Same here Danny.

Can't believe the crap from on here from the so called experts.I'm sure Poyet knows what he is doing so let him carry on doing what he was employed to do instead of questioning it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
From the club site:

Albion are set to sign former England international Lee Hendrie on loan from Derby County until the end of the season.

The 32-year-old midfielder will join with a view to a permanent move for next season.

Boss Gus Poyet said, "This is the type of calibre of player we want to be bringing to the club. With our current midfielders in such good form, and Diego Arismendi here too, I have told him he will have to fight for his place in the team - but Lee wants to come and play football for us.

"He has been in and out the team at Derby this season, but there is no doubting his quality, and this gives us the opportunity to have a look at him between now and the end of the season.

"He is an excellent footballer, he played over 250 games for Aston Villa at the top level, and I know his qualities from playing against him."

Since leaving Villa in 2007, Hendrie played his football at Championship level for Sheffield United, Leicester City, Blackpool and Derby County.

He joined Aston Villa as a schoolboy, before signing pro forms in 1994. His one international cap came for Glenn Hoddle's England in 1998, when he replaced Paul Merson in a 2-0 win over the Czech Republic at Wembley.

I love the way that one substitute appearance makes a player "former England international".

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My only critcism in recent weeks has been that the midfeld is maybe just a yard or so too slow in getting forward in support of the lone strker employed in our current system. Hendrie, if he retains anything of the pace and skill he formerly showed, could well address that problem. Expect him (possibly from the bench) and Arismendi to play on Saturday and on current form Navarro and Crofts to make way.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
My only critcism in recent weeks has been that the midfeld is maybe just a yard or so too slow in getting forward in support of the lone strker employed in our current system. Hendrie, if he retains anything of the pace and skill he formerly showed, could well address that problem. Expect him (possibly from the bench) and Arismendi to play on Saturday and on current form Navarro and Crofts to make way.

Won't happen.

Why disrupt the midfield by making two changes to a winning team?

They will be eased in slowly ie coming off the bench first.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well honestly I'm shocked

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Can he play Left Mid?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not only would he probably be a useful signing next season, I must have missed us being mathematically safe. I would rather bolster the ranks than 'assume we have enough'.

What would happen if Bennett got injured, as well as say Crofts?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I think this is a great move. It's also very smooth of Gus to let out that it is with view to perm move as it stops people worrying about the amount of loanees. This is the start of things to come I think. IF he can LuaLua on perm deal and maybe Arismendi on season long loan next year our midfeild options would be very strong;

Crofts
Dicker
Hendrie
Navarro
Arismendi
LuaLua
Bennett

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
I think this is a great move. It's also very smooth of Gus to let out that it is with view to perm move as it stops people worrying about the amount of loanees. This is the start of things to come I think. IF he can LuaLua on perm deal and maybe Arismendi on season long loan next year our midfeild options would be very strong;

Crofts
Dicker
Hendrie
Navarro
Arismendi
LuaLua
Bennett

I think we still need some cover for the wings, although I suppose Cox and Carole could provide that if they are here next season.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My only critcism in recent weeks has been that the midfeld is maybe just a yard or so too slow in getting forward in support of the lone strker employed in our current system.

Agree with that - I don't think an own goal and a wonder solo goal from deep hide the fact that the lone striker has not been getting support. Of course we're geting great results, but looking forward we'll need a midfielder who can motor into the box and score goals - and for some reason this isn't Crofts at the moment.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I hope Carole certainly is NOT here next season if we are pushing for promotion.

I expect Navarro will make way for Hendrie or Arismendi over the coming games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here