Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Hendrie

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
I find this all a bit strange..... but Ill leave further comment until i have seen him play in the blue n white stripes.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I posted last week that he was gash, perhaps I should be a little more constructive. Still has great touch and can pick out a pass BUT he's got no pace and can't keep going for 90 mins and that's where the problem is. Strikes me as one of those players who once he's slipped out of the top level, he just keeps going as the game is too quick for him. 60 odd league starts since 2005 tells a story. Sure he'll give his all as he needs a contract next season. Still a gobby fcuker though.

In short if you can find him a holding role with time and space on the ball :lolol: he may be useful to you. To those who think he can play on the wing - :wrong: :nono: think again.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I posted last week that he was gash, perhaps I should be a little more constructive. Still has great touch and can pick out a pass BUT he's got no pace and can't keep going for 90 mins and that's where the problem is. Strikes me as one of those players who once he's slipped out of the top level, he just keeps going as the game is too quick for him. 60 odd league starts since 2005 tells a story. Sure he'll give his all as he needs a contract next season. Still a gobby fcuker though.

In short if you can find him a holding role with time and space on the ball :lolol: he may be useful to you. To those who think he can play on the wing - :wrong: :nono: think again.

dropping down a level though. Got to count for something as the gap from L1 is a very big one

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
To those who think he can play on the wing - :wrong: :nono: think again.

Great. Dicker or Carole on the wing on Saturday.:US::US:

Am I the only one that thinks that we might of got him just 'cos he's a big name? LuaLua and Arismendi are both young kids who have Prem experience and a big future in the game. Hendrie is an England international and has x amount of games in the prem. I know someone like Brentford or Yeovill had signed him i'd be pretty supprised.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
IM quite pleased with this signing, ideal with Lua Lua being out.
Im still hopeful he will be a decent player at L1 level, fits in with Poyets style of people who play football in the side.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Mixed views on this, 6 or 7 years ago he was an England player now he can't get a game in a Derby side struggling at the lower end of the Championship. How many clubs has he had since he left Villa??

If it's with a view to a permenant signing if he impresses then it's not a bad deal however as I said with the Arismendi signing if he's not going to be here next season then I don't see any point to it. I'd prefer us to be looking at more young players for the future like the Bennetts of this world rather than over the hill has beens like Hendrie.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Mixed views on this, 6 or 7 years ago he was an England player now he can't get a game in a Derby side struggling at the lower end of the Championship. How many clubs has he had since he left Villa??

If it's with a view to a permenant signing if he impresses then it's not a bad deal however as I said with the Arismendi signing if he's not going to be here next season then I don't see any point to it. I'd prefer us to be looking at more young players for the future like the Bennetts of this world rather than over the hill has beens like Hendrie.

Hes 32 not 35 !
He might show up really well in the last couple of months with us...then people will say sign him up give him a years deal etc etc.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
He is only 32 so no reason why he hasn't got a few years left in his legs.

For me it's again raising our profile and laying down a statment of intent that we are going places.

It encourages me for the summer that we will add further quality to the squad.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A week or so ago Walt Jabasco reckoned McNulty to Peterboro (even if he didn't actually say so). The other most likely is surely Cox.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

You dont say?! :lolol:

Thanks for the constructive criticism there Mr mikey. I personally haven't got a clue whether he'll be a hit down here, but I'm very willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at present. Although I didn't like him that much when he played for Villa (due to his gobby-wee-shiteness), I always thought he was a decent player; & one of those characters that you'd sooner have in your side than playing against you. If anyone can get the best out of him, I think G&T are the cookies. :smile:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He's had his problems, and was a bit of a Billy Big Bollocks in his time (like we need any more after recent months), but Hendrie is a very good player and if he is fit and motivated -big 'ifs' - he'll be an asset in this league.

I saw him make his only appearance for England as a sub, 1998 at Wembley, Hoddle's last match in charge, in a 2-0 win over the Czech Republic. Useless fact: only Rio is still in the team from that night.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Lee Hendrie is the same age as Didier Drogba. Is anyone saying Drogba is over the hill, or his legs have gone.

Jeez, give the fella a chance to pull on the Blue and White shirt before we consign him to the 'crap loan signings' bin.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Lee Hendrie is the same age as Didier Drogba. Is anyone saying Drogba is over the hill, or his legs have gone.

Jeez, give the fella a chance to pull on the Blue and White shirt before we consign him to the 'crap loan signings' bin.

It's NSC Mr Frogs! You know drill.. :thumbsup:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
This is good news, gives us more options in midfield, someone who's not scared of rattling a few bones and an experienced 'old' head for the youngsters.

In Gus we trust.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here