fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Forget 4-5-1

-----------Brez----------
---Elphick-----El-abd-----Painter--
Bennet--Hendrie--Navarro-Arismendi--Crofts--Dicker--
----------Murray---------

:shrug:

The Withdean pitch isn't wide enough for that formation! we would have players on the running track.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting little article in the argus

Lee Hendrie will begin his Albion career on the bench against Tranmere at Withdean on Saturday.

The former Aston Villa midfielder, signed on loan from Derby for the rest of the season, said: "When you come to any club you don’t expect to walk straight in.

"With the results they have been getting here I don’t expect that.

“I have always been taught you have to fight and earn your place, so that’s what I will be doing.”

See tomorrow's Argus for the full story on Hendrie's move, including the Championship club he turned down to join the Seagulls, the backing he received from Robbie Savage and his plans to stick around.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
First Impressions: COOL we've signed someone with valuable experience of the game, someone who may bring something different to our midfield and tighten up the whole area.

Second Impressions: BLOODY hope he does'nt turn into a Robbie "Waste Of Space" Savage!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
First Impressions: COOL we've signed someone with valuable experience of the game, someone who may bring something different to our midfield and tighten up the whole area.

Second Impressions: BLOODY hope he does'nt turn into a Robbie "Waste Of Space" Savage!

Big difference is Savage was on loan and coming in to get a bit of match practise for a month. Hendrie on the other hand has a contract to earn.

Oct 25, 2003
everytime poyet signs someone i think "no, seriously, this one must be the flairest signing ever" then super gus goes and out-flairs himself

he is incredible

a FORMER ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
At the very least his signing will cause a small ripple in the media and raise Brighton's profile that little bit more. He could be the key to signing the caliber of player that will lift us to the dizzy heights of midtable championship.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

True, but let's not get too carried away. 13 minutes as a substitute, and just the once. And if we start singing 'We've got a FORMER England international', that is officially very small-time.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
everytime poyet signs someone i think "no, seriously, this one must be the flairest signing ever" then super gus goes and out-flairs himself

he is incredible

Was Mark Barham the last England international to join us ? (Excluding Steve Foster m'lords return).

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here