• No problems at all, leave em be

Votes: 21 22.8%

• Total voters

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
the full harris said:
BRILLIANT thread, mr partridge.

i am just off to the read the guardian and chuckle at how half the people reading this thread originally thought 'YEAH, ER, I FOOKING HATE DEM KOSOVANS AND THAT COMING OVER 'ERE, THEY SHOULD f***ing PISS OFF BACK TO, ER, WHEREVER IT IS, THANK f*** SOMEONE ELSE AGREES WIV ME' only to realise it was all a marvellous joke on them. If they had a brain they would see they had been made to look stupid but as they don't they are probably just very confused, the stupid cuntards.

Erm, yeah. Great point, well made.

How am I confused?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
technically I'm an immigrant - so the lot of you can go jump off palace pier if you want to make such sweeping generalizations...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
tedebear said:
technically I'm an immigrant - so the lot of you can go jump off palace pier if you want to make such sweeping generalizations...

Aahhh go kiss a flamin gala you rotta!

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
tedebear said:

I'm glad you don't appreciate generalisations, stereotyping etc. Perhaps you might like to comment on AP's post regarding British migrants to foreign countries...

:)

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I wouldn't go as far as saying they are scum but I do have concerns that in a number of years to come, our culture, heritage and history will almost be a thing of the past and in danger of losing our identity as a nation. I'm English/British and want it to stay that way !!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Re: Re: Immigrants Poll

Set of Tracksuits said:
AP, are you getting confused between immigrants who come to live and (possibly) work in this and other countries, and holidaymakers who spend two weeks getting pissed, shagging on hotel balconies and throwing up in Magaluf or San Antonio?

As far as I'm aware, those Brits who go to live abroad tend to be generally law-abiding people who are normally retired or semi-retired. How does their arrival make it harder for the locals to live in the area? Many of them DO learn the local language in order to buy food, use the bank, find the train station etc.

Obviously there are ex-pats who move abroad to set up pubs and restaurants that are specifically aimed at British holidaymakers, but I'm not sure they make up the majority. In my opinion, anyone moving to a country where they are not prepared to accept the local way of life should be discouraged from doing so, whether they be British or not.

Set of Tracksuits, do I have to explain the point of the thread again? As I said before, I was generalising. I was mimicing the tabloid press and the opinions held by an awful lot of British people these days.

However, I do believe that some of the points I made are fairer than a lot of the rubbish aimed at asylum seekers to this country. There are areas along the coasts of Spain completely awash (coast...get it?) with British pubs, british caffs, british clubs etc etc.

You mention the point I made about it being harder for locals to live in the area. I said that because with Brits buying up thousands of houses a year, house prices are getting pushed up.
You could quite justifiably say that the British bring a lot of money into Spain and create a lot of Jobs for the locals. You'd be right, but AS I SAID BEFORE I was taking only the bits that suited my angle on it. Twisting a story like any good tabloid hack would.

Yes I'm sure most of them are law abiding, you see how easy it can be to label some of them thugs though. Go to any shitty resort like that have a look around. You think some of the people on this thread care that most Eastern Europeans are NOT members of some criminal gang. British tourists act like animals...therefore by that logic the people who supply them with beer and places to watch english football and places where they can avoid local food are also scum. Not my opinion just how people's minds work (check some former posts).

Oh and the language thing, in my experience, they are pathetic at it, making no or very little attempt.

and looney, you LOVE my threads.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Ding Dong ! said:
I wouldn't go as far as saying they are scum but I do have concerns that in a number of years to come, our culture, heritage and history will almost be a thing of the past and in danger of losing our identity as a nation. I'm English/British and want it to stay that way !!

and another one!:clap:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Shit, I have an Irish passport and my folks live back in the Emerlad Isle, should I therefore tip my cap at all you 100% true Brits and of course allow you to get in the queue before me for Play-Off final tickets as you are the superior race?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
El Presidente said:
Shit, I have an Irish passport and my folks live back in the Emerlad Isle, should I therefore tip my cap at all you 100% true Brits and of course allow you to get in the queue before me for Play-Off final tickets as you are the superior race?

don't be RIDICULOUS

noone wears caps anymore, a bow will do

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Sometimes I despair!

We are ALL descended from immigrants, whether they be Angles and Jutes (low countries), Saxons (Germany), Vikings (Scandanavia), Romans (Italian), Normans (French), Dutch, Irish, Eastern European Jews, Romanies, and the list goes on and on. Most of us are here as a result of two or probably far many more of those races interbreeding.

So at what point in our nation’s history did someone say “Enough is Enough, we don’t want any more foreigners!?

It seems here the argument is not about immigrants but about the colour of the immigrant's skin, in which case this is racism in its most sinister form.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Re: Re: Re: Immigrants Poll

alan partridge said:
Set of Tracksuits, do I have to explain the point of the thread again? As I said before, I was generalising. I was mimicing the tabloid press and the opinions held by an awful lot of British people these days.

However, I do believe that some of the points I made are fairer than a lot of the rubbish aimed at asylum seekers to this country. There are areas along the coasts of Spain completely awash (coast...get it?) with British pubs, british caffs, british clubs etc etc.

You mention the point I made about it being harder for locals to live in the area. I said that because with Brits buying up thousands of houses a year, house prices are getting pushed up.
You could quite justifiably say that the British bring a lot of money into Spain and create a lot of Jobs for the locals. You'd be right, but AS I SAID BEFORE I was taking only the bits that suited my angle on it. Twisting a story like any good tabloid hack would.

Yes I'm sure most of them are law abiding, you see how easy it can be to label some of them thugs though. Go to any shitty resort like that have a look around. You think some of the people on this thread care that most Eastern Europeans are NOT members of some criminal gang. British tourists act like animals...therefore by that logic the people who supply them with beer and places to watch english football and places where they can avoid local food are also scum. Not my opinion just how people's minds work (check some former posts).

Oh and the language thing, in my experience, they are pathetic at it, making no or very little attempt.

and looney, you LOVE my threads.

Alright then, I'm not too proud to admit to initially being taken in hook, line and the rest by your thread.

I just thought I'd carry on cos it's fun. What do you mean pathetic? The louder you shout, the easier they understand, yes? Compronday voo?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Re: Re: Re: Re: Immigrants Poll

Set of Tracksuits said:
Alright then, I'm not too proud to admit to initially being taken in hook, line and the rest by your thread.

I just thought I'd carry on cos it's fun. What do you mean pathetic? The louder you shout, the easier they understand, yes? Compronday voo?

A short crack of my riding whip usually does the trick I find, what.;)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As an ancester of mine was probably a Frenchman ( Wilcock....will as in William of Normandy - the Bastard of Normandy...William was a name brought over by the Normans not in use by the Saxons....cock - probable a derivative of farmer ie one who looked after livestock, in this case hens ) I regard this debate as highly distateful. My ancesters probably came here as economic migrants...so what?

In future I would like to be called Dave de Monsieur le directeur. I fart in your general direction you engleeesh with your steef upper leeps and your Nelsons Column which looks like a HUGE WILLEEY

Pah

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here