Votes: 3 3.3%
  • No problems at all, leave em be

Votes: 21 22.8%

• Total voters

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
The Wookiee said:
Generally dont have a problem if they try to mix and become part of society however what annoys me is when they slag this country off.

Alan Partridge to Brick wall : THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BRITISH IMMIGRANTS

:dunce:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
alan partridge said:
Ok, what do you think of this group of Immigrants? I'm not interested in the whys just what you think. You can debate it if you like but just read the facts presented here and make your choice

- They are not fleeing persecution in any shape or form
- They become immigrants simply because they believe they are going to get a better quality of life
- They are not interested in the culture in which they find themselves
- They make no or little attempt to learn the native language
- Their arrival makes it harder for locals to live in the area
- They form a tight knit community bringing their own customs and culture
- Their businesses also are geared towards their own community and visitors from their former homes
- Members of this group can be aggressive and violent

Where on this lead thread does it state "British immigrants!!?"

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Re: Re: Immigrants Poll

The Northstander said:
Where on this lead thread does it state "British immigrants!!?"

:jester:

It doesn't, that was the whole point. To see what people thought of them. Plenty of other people noticed and I pointed it out about halfway through the thread.

bobbycodpiece

Jul 25, 2004
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Immigrants Poll

alan partridge said:
:jester:

It doesn't, that was the whole point. To see what people thought of them. Plenty of other people noticed and I pointed it out about halfway through the thread.

....just re-mortgage your house too and buy a holiday home in Spain, if that's what you want....is this thread just a touch of the "green eyed monster" ???

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Re: Re: Re: Re: Immigrants Poll

bobbycodpiece said:
....just re-mortgage your house too and buy a holiday home in Spain, if that's what you want....is this thread just a touch of the "green eyed monster" ???

no, a clue to the point of this thread is the search for that elusive word starting with 'H'.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Harveys :drink:

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
alan partridge said:
Ok, what do you think of this group of Immigrants? I'm not interested in the whys just what you think. You can debate it if you like but just read the facts presented here and make your choice

- They are not fleeing persecution in any shape or form
- They become immigrants simply because they believe they are going to get a better quality of life
- They are not interested in the culture in which they find themselves
- They make no or little attempt to learn the native language
- Their arrival makes it harder for locals to live in the area
- They form a tight knit community bringing their own customs and culture
- Their businesses also are geared towards their own community and visitors from their former homes
- Members of this group can be aggressive and violent

AP, are you getting confused between immigrants who come to live and (possibly) work in this and other countries, and holidaymakers who spend two weeks getting pissed, shagging on hotel balconies and throwing up in Magaluf or San Antonio?

As far as I'm aware, those Brits who go to live abroad tend to be generally law-abiding people who are normally retired or semi-retired. How does their arrival make it harder for the locals to live in the area? Many of them DO learn the local language in order to buy food, use the bank, find the train station etc.

Obviously there are ex-pats who move abroad to set up pubs and restaurants that are specifically aimed at British holidaymakers, but I'm not sure they make up the majority. In my opinion, anyone moving to a country where they are not prepared to accept the local way of life should be discouraged from doing so, whether they be British or not.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
BRILLIANT thread, mr partridge.

i am just off to the read the guardian and chuckle at how half the people reading this thread originally thought 'YEAH, ER, I FOOKING HATE DEM KOSOVANS AND THAT COMING OVER 'ERE, THEY SHOULD f***ing PISS OFF BACK TO, ER, WHEREVER IT IS, THANK f*** SOMEONE ELSE AGREES WIV ME' only to realise it was all a marvellous joke on them. If they had a brain they would see they had been made to look stupid but as they don't they are probably just very confused, the stupid cuntards.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Really colourful language to get your point across??

:nono: :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here