Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Well....live and let live

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • No problems at all, leave em be

Votes: 21 22.8%

• Total voters

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Try looking in London and see what origin the gangs are now!

Eastern Europeans, Caribeans etc etc etc.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
From "The Guardian!"

Asylum seekers and crime: is there really a link?

Tony Thompson, crime correspondent
Sunday May 25, 2003

Britain's most senior police officer, Chris Fox, president of the Association of Chief Police Officers, sparked a row last week by claiming that criminals were increasingly using the cover of asylum to travel around the world.
Fox declared: 'Mass migration has brought with it a whole new type of crime, from the Nigerian fraudster and the eastern European who deals in drugs and prostitution to the Jamaican concentration on drug dealing.'

Yet police officers in the front line of the battle against organised crime paint a different picture: the most common criminal in the nation's underworld is still a white male. 'British Caucasians remain the most prominent of all organised crime groups operating within the UK,' said a spokesman for the National Criminal Intelligence Service.

But there is an ethnic dimension to British crime that cannot be denied. Many ethnic groups have carved out niches in the 'industry' of crime, operating in different 'sectors' along lines of family, language and race. The list is long. It includes the traditional crime families associated with the Italian Mafia and the Chinese Triads and even in the Japanese Yakuza. There are newcomers, too, such as Albanian sex industry gangs and the vicious Jamaican Yardies, who deal mainly in hard drugs such as crack and heroin.

Some, such as the Albanian gangs in control of Soho's vice industry and the Turkish and Pakistani drug barons, keep largely within their own communities. But, like any legitimate business, most are happy to work with anyone so long as the profits keep flowing. Some crimes, such as importing heroin or cocaine, rely on long international supply routes that mean some level of co-operation is a necessity. 'Most of them are willing to work on their own or with groups of any ethnicity, depending on the nature of the co-operation needed for the commodity in question,' said the NCIS spokesman.

Yet the role that asylum seekers play in this murky world is believed by many experts to be negligible. Fox's comments sparked angry responses from refugee groups and some politicians. He was accused of demonising asylum seekers at a time of political sensitivity around the issue in the wake of electoral gains by the far-right British National Party.

Crime experts say that complex and secretive networks already exist to smuggle criminals in and out of Britain, meaning that there is no need to claim asylum as a method of gaining entry to the country. When it comes to serious and organised crime, nearly all criminals avoid contact with the state as much as possible. Claiming asylum would only bring unnecessary attention to the operations of the gangs.

Experts also say that very few criminal charges brought against Yardies, Albanian gangs or other ethnic groups involve asylum seekers. The one exception is the Chinese community, but there it is the asylum seekers who are the victims of crimes, not the perpetrators. Gangs, known as 'Snakeheads', transport asylum seekers from China into Britain and then often exploit them by holding them in a condition of virtual slave labour.

:nono:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
From "The Guardian!"...again....

Special investigation: The ethnic connection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blood feuds behind vice killings

Albanian pimps : Prostitution

Oxana Rodionova arrived in the UK on a student visa to study English at a language college in Paddington. Although she enrolled and filled in all the necessary forms, she attended no lessons, instead spending her time working as a high-class prostitute from her Maida Vale home.
Having paid several thousand pounds to Russian mafia men to facilitate her passage and to gain clients once she had arrived in the UK, she found herself deeply in debt. But, thanks to her high earnings, she still managed to send money back to her family. In March, she was found strangled in her flat and police suspect her death may be connected to a simmering turf war for control of the lucrative vice trade.

Until recently, the business had been in the hands of the Russian mafia, but in the past two years, increasing numbers of Albanians have moved in. Although some of those who end up working as prostitutes travel to London with full knowledge of what they will be doing, hundreds more are brought in under duress and forced to work as sex slaves.

A special Metropolitan Police squad has been set up to target the 24 ringleaders of London's sex and human trafficking trade with particular attention being paid to the Albanian element.

In Europe, Albanian gangs have first established themselves in the vice trade and then moved into other areas of criminality, including heroin trafficking. They have a fearsome reputation for violence, and police fear that unless they can nip the gangs in the bud, there will be bloody clashes with the Turkish and Pakistani gangsters who currently control the UK heroin market.

Albanian gangs have been linked to 70 kidnappings in the past 12 months and there are also fears that blood feuds from the homeland may erupt in the UK.

The murder of asylum seeker Denis Ceka, whose body was found wrapped in bed sheets on a building site near Heathrow Airport, and the killing of Perparim Jalaj, who was stabbed to death in Luton, have both been linked to blood feuds emanating from Albania.

Ceka was believed to have been involved in a shooting a year before his death. Albanian tradition, which dates from the fifteenth century, holds that 'blood should always be avenged by blood' if one man kills another, and a feudal code lays down precise rules for how the revenge should be taken.

UK community: 30,000
Asylum applications: 1,435
Active criminals: 200+

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
erm did you read beyond the first line of that article? Ofcourse their are going to be criminals using any means to make a profit. But anyway, to quote the article you yourself just posted up:

'Yet police officers in the front line of the battle against organised crime paint a different picture: the most common criminal in the nation's underworld is still a white male. 'British Caucasians remain the most prominent of all organised crime groups operating within the UK,' said a spokesman for the National Criminal Intelligence Service. '

Thos bloody caucasians eh!? Kick em out!!!

:angry: :dunce:

Anyway, this thread is about British Immigrants. Funny how some poeple just want to ignore this basic fact and get back to bashing the Immigrants to our society.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
alan partridge said:
For the benefit of those who still didn't realise depsite many others pointing it out, I was ofcourse talking about THE BRITISH in SPAIN.

To fair though, it applies to *any* group of immigrants throughout history: Romans taking over Europe, Mongals sweeping across Asia, European settlers in Africa/America, Cypriots in North London, Isralis in West Jordan... the list goes on. And it *does* apply to immigrants coming to this country. I think its just enievitable that groups of foriegners in another land behave like this.

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
It must be said though, the crime wave is NOT JUST asylum seekers and we must accept the British man and woman are just as responsible!

All I am saying is asylum seeking is widely being used to cover up the real reason for comin to the UK!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Just my opinion Mate!

It's a free country with free speech, at the top there is a poll asking what I think of "this lot!"

Well not all of em but most of em are Scum!

End of my discussion on this thread!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Good post, Alan Partridge.

A certain word beginning with "h" springs to mind when describing the views of some of these people!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sadly, I do think that the fish and chips Brits in Spain are a bloody embarrassment, and the fact that so many on here have voted scum is about right. I didn't, by the way, I went for the softer "well out of order" which it is.

When I go abroad, I like to find out what the country's really like. Having a full English breakfast every morning and then spending the evenings in an "Irish" bar doesn't achieve this. You might as well go to Blackpool.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I agree with that, it's a case of respecting the country's culture your visiting!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
The Northstander said:
Just my opinion Mate!

I know, I'm not trying to be funny I'm just wondering do you really think Britain is in the midst of a crime wave? It seems a bit of a strong term to describe the current situation.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
You are kidding right? regardless of who is responsible, crime wave figures are increasing daily on a national basis!!

It's major issue for the government!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
perth seagull said:
Good post, Alan Partridge.

A certain word beginning with "h" springs to mind when describing the views of some of these people!
what word begins with 'h' ? :dunce:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
When you say crime wave I imagine people looting shops and shooting people in the streets. Kind of like the alternate reality Marty Mcfly goes back to the future in 'Back to the Future 2'.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Crime wave ie: A sudden or regular increase in Rape, Burgalry, shootings, murder, drugs, protection rackets, gang warfare.

Something an individual or individuals do of an illegal nature!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Generally dont have a problem if they try to mix and become part of society however what annoys me is when they slag this country off.

That bloke on Big Brother, Ahmed, who left his own country because of the problems their and came to ours, however he slagged off our government, the Royal Family and our country in general.

Now what right has he got to do this??

If he dosent like it, f*** off somewhere else!!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's true.

Scientists have recently proven that 100% genetically-pure Brits - with their hearts of oak and plastic St George's flags from Woolies on their Ford Mondeos - are actually physically incapable of committing crime. :jester: :jester: :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here