Votes: 3 3.3%
  • No problems at all, leave em be

Votes: 21 22.8%

• Total voters

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Nope, however, us PURE civilains of the Queens good country can slag off the government, the Queen herself and the country as much as we want, because it's OUR country.

Good point but at what stage do you qualify to slag off Queen Liz and this marvelous nation.

2nd generation immigent, 3rd generation immigent, fourth gen or more?

And what if like, you're dad's PURE but your mum's an asylum seeker?

Of course we could have a swarthyness test. Say you have to be less swarthy than oak to qualify. So if you're pine coloured OK, if you're mahogony on your bike. Not sure how you'd fit David Dickenson into the equation.

Possibly we could have a language test. If you only speak English you're in. If you know enough of a foriegn language to do more than order a beer, then shut it you slag.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Voroshilov said:

Of course we could have a swarthyness test. Say you have to be less swarthy than oak to qualify. So if you're pine coloured OK, if you're mahogony on your bike. Not sure how you'd fit David Dickenson into the equation.

Possibly we could have a language test. If you only speak English you're in. If you know enough of a foriegn language to do more than order a beer, then shut it you slag.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Voroshilov said:
Good point but at what stage do you qualify to slag off Queen Liz and this marvelous nation.

2nd generation immigent, 3rd generation immigent, fourth gen or more?

And what if like, you're dad's PURE but your mum's an asylum seeker?

Well, my grandad came over from Ireland when he was 14 and my mum's side have been living in Sussex since the 1500's. So i reckon I am allowed Coz on one side i'm thrid generation immigrant and on the other I'm PURE.

Hang on, the Monarchy is pretty much german. I'm getting confused.

somerset said:
You wait 'till The Full Harris and london Irish get hold of this thread, there will be no end to the general gnashing of teeth.

This must be another of Wozza's aforementioned idiots - they're so easy to catch on here it's untrue. They are so f***ing dense they cannot spot parody even when it is patiently explained to them.

Bloody hell I'm jealous of AP that he gets Trotsky as a nickname. What do I bloody have to do to get it?

A virtuoso performance from AP here, showing how to really challenge political correctness, not just for some kind of stupid immature attempt to get a rise out of people (although yes that can be funny too in a fairly simple-minded way) but to make a point that relates to the real world. It's how the great comics like Bill Hicks and Chris Morris do it. That's why they're great.

I hope the penny will eventually drop for some on here that there is a big difference between what Hicks et al does, challenging political correctness from the left, and what the likes of Jim Davidson et al do, challenging it from the right. The former confronts stereotyped thinking and liberates us from it, the latter trades on ignorance and fear to reinforce small-minded political beliefs on a range of social issues.

Bravo AP :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Life After Bobby said:
i thought we were her subjects

bit of of a common misconception about the role/authority of our Monarch. The Monarch only exists by act of parliament every since William of Orange. Its a sort of Chariman of the board role.

i often dont understand those who are so strongly republican, i dont think they realise its our democratically elected MPs that maintain the status quo.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Voroshilov said:

Reckon that rules me out then: I'd certainly fail a swarthiness test. I once had to sit opposite a mad old woman on a German train who accused me of being a Turk, coming to Germany to steal their jobs (which led a wild rant about every nation under the sun).

And as for the language test, did you see that article in the Guardian that said that Australians had to show competence in the English language before they could stay here. That would bugger up the cricket team I play for.:)

beorhthelm said:
bit of of a common misconception about the role/authority of our Monarch. The Monarch only exists by act of parliament every since William of Orange. Its a sort of Chariman of the board role.

i often dont understand those who are so strongly republican, i dont think they realise its our democratically elected MPs that maintain the status quo.

i was being slightly flippant.

we are technically still the monarchs subjects. however, the monarch can not exercise any of his or her powers without consent of parliament, which we freely elect. in reality, if the monarch doesn't do what we want them to do, parliament can simply dissolve the monarchy.

problem with the status quo though is that many of the monarch's powers can be used by the Prime Minister without consulting Parliament.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
the full harris said:
BRILLIANT thread, mr partridge.

i am just off to the read the guardian and chuckle at how half the people reading this thread originally thought 'YEAH, ER, I FOOKING HATE DEM KOSOVANS AND THAT COMING OVER 'ERE, THEY SHOULD f***ing PISS OFF BACK TO, ER, WHEREVER IT IS, THANK f*** SOMEONE ELSE AGREES WIV ME' only to realise it was all a marvellous joke on them. If they had a brain they would see they had been made to look stupid but as they don't they are probably just very confused, the stupid cuntards.

Thought you would like this one........ as quoted by me earlier in this thread, only surprise is that it took you so long to get here. Just waiting for London Irish now.

somerset said:
Just waiting for London Irish now.

Dense and inattentive.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
London Irish said:
This must be another of Wozza's aforementioned idiots - they're so easy to catch on here it's untrue. They are so f***ing dense they cannot spot parody even when it is patiently explained to them.

Bloody hell I'm jealous of AP that he gets Trotsky as a nickname. What do I bloody have to do to get it?

A virtuoso performance from AP here, showing how to really challenge political correctness, not just for some kind of stupid immature attempt to get a rise out of people (although yes that can be funny too in a fairly simple-minded way) but to make a point that relates to the real world. It's how the great comics like Bill Hicks and Chris Morris do it. That's why they're great.

I hope the penny will eventually drop for some on here that there is a big difference between what Hicks et al does, challenging political correctness from the left, and what the likes of Jim Davidson et al do, challenging it from the right. The former confronts stereotyped thinking and liberates us from it, the latter trades on ignorance and fear to reinforce small-minded political beliefs on a range of social issues.

Bravo AP :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Aaaaaaah there you are, missed it first time..................

Sadly, by rising to it, you have fallen into the trap yourself, and stop with the 'DENSE' generalisations, it doesn't become you mate, your arguments, although not my cup 'o tea usually at least merit some respect.

Tough shit pal. Caricature others' opinions and don't come over all wounded if you get the same treatment.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
El Presidente said:
Shit, I have an Irish passport and my folks live back in the Emerlad Isle, should I therefore tip my cap at all you 100% true Brits and of course allow you to get in the queue before me for Play-Off final tickets as you are the superior race?

Yea go on, f*** off.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

Oh please do enlighten me.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
London Irish said:
Tough shit pal. Caricature others' opinions and don't come over all wounded if you get the same treatment.

Interestingly MATEY BOY, I didn't even give an opinion on this subject, simply pointed out that I though it inevitable that you and The Fool Harris would do,........... pull your neck in a bit.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Exactly........ but try telling him that............ he seems to hold sway over a vast tract of the NSC membership when it comes to political comment and counter-comment..... so feels he can call anyone who deigns to have even a slight contradictory view to his, all the name under the sun.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here