Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
f***ing told you lot. play a system that suits him and he'll score. not f***ing rocket science to see that.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was always impressed with Holroyd. I was accused of being a relation of his after defending him after the Southend game last season for saying I thought he was a good player. He has good positional sense, has a good touch and is sensible with the ball. He doesn't lose it much. I think he will be an asset to someone. Hopefully he scores a load where he is and then comes back and pushes our current strikers for a spot. Perhaps we'll end the season with him and Barnes up front!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Brilliant, i hope he thrashes a load more in for them and comes back a more confident and better player.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Fair play to the lad, put an even bigger smile on my face when I heard he'd scored a hatrick, one of those players I really want to succeed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Poyet said: "Because of the way we play we didn't help him enough to score goals.

"The way I want to play leaves him too far from the goal, so I am responsible."

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We play through balls. :lol:

His goal on Saturday was a loose ball from a corner was it not?

Fair play to him anyway, if he's scoring goals we win whatever happens.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Poyet said: "Because of the way we play we didn't help him enough to score goals.

"The way I want to play leaves him too far from the goal, so I am responsible."
I know, I read that in The Argus. Nothing to do with through balls, maybe talking about when he used him on the left of a three last season which was always mental regardless of your opinion on Holroyd. But he played games up front too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know, I read that in The Argus. Nothing to do with through balls, maybe talking about when he used him on the left of a three last season which was always mental regardless of your opinion on Holroyd. But he played games up front too.

Against MK Dons last game of the season he KEPT getting into good positions, but the pass just wasn't coming. Anyone with a brain can see the boy's got talent.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That was one of the few games he played in I didn't go to so I can't really comment.
I've said what I think about his performances plenty of times anyway. I doubt we're going to start playing a direct brand of football just to fit Holroyd in which is what he apparently needs? So hopefully he keeps scoring to get a decent fee.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That was one of the few games he played in I didn't go to so I can't really comment.
I've said what I think about his performances plenty of times anyway. I doubt we're going to start playing a direct brand of football just to fit Holroyd in which is what he apparently needs? So hopefully he keeps scoring to get a decent fee.

It's not as simple as playing "direct" football overall. With Sparrow and with Dicker pushed further forward we have players who can play through balls, something Crofts didn't do a single time in his career at Brighton.

No reason Murray holding the ball up and Holroyd running on to flick ons wouldn't work. I'm not suggesting he starts at all but he could well be a useful squad player, more than talented enough. He was man of the match on his debut for a reason, he was superb.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
f***ing told you lot. play a system that suits him and he'll score. not f***ing rocket science to see that.
For fucks sake, why do you have to sound like a f***ing smart arse? You're FAR from alone in thinking Holroyd might have something to offer. He always gets into good positions for the Albion but lacked a killer instinct and a certain belief that he could muscle his way into striking positions. Clearly, a run on loan is exactly what he needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here