Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
my only slight concern is that when Gus describes Sandaza's style of play it is as a goal poacher so one has to be concerned that the way we play will leave him too far from goal.........................

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There seem to be a lot of people on NSC who are bitterly disappointed about him scoring goals for Stevenage because what is most important to them is that their assessment of Holroyd being 'shit' is proved to be right.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There seem to be a lot of people on NSC who are bitterly disappointed about him scoring goals for Stevenage because what is most important to them is that their assessment of Holroyd being 'shit' is proved to be right.

Exactly, like what does Gus Poyet know ? How dare he try to contradict the experts of NSC :mad:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

+1....

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Well I'm over in UK from today & going to watch Stevenage v Wycombe on Saturday & then Brighton v Bournemouth the following week. I'll report first hand on Sunday next regarding Holroyd, rather looking forward to it!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He'll never be a decent league footballer. Am I ever wrong?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No, i'm wrong clearly. Lets recall him, drop Barnes whose overall perfomance have got us 3 points clear at the top and put a player who's never looked anything better than shoddy in our starting line-up based on four scuffed goals in the division below

Did I say that twatfeatures?

FOUM

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Please can someone post the story from the official site as I get redirected to some mobile site on the iPhone.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Chris Holroyd has told seagulls.co.uk his mobile was flooded with messages from Albion team-mates, following his hat-trick for Stevenage on Tuesday night.

Holroyd has made a dream start to his three-month loan spell with the League Two newcomers, netting the only goal on his debut last Saturday at Lincoln City, prior to bagging his three goals at Hereford United in a 4-1 victory.

His emphatic displays have helped pushed the Hertfordshire club into the play-off places and while he has become an instant hero at the Lamex Stadium, he admits it was the texts he received from Withdean which also put a big smile on his face.

"I couldn't believe all the messages that had been left. There was even one from Gus Poyet that said 'Mama Mia!'" he smiled.

"The lads had obviously found out about my goals in the changing room after the Brentford game, but that says everything you need to know about the spirit and togetherness at the club.

"Everybody wants each other to do well and even though I haven't played as much as I would have liked for the first team, the lads have always been great towards me."

Holroyd, who had made just one start this season for Albion, will remain at Stevenage until 31st December and echoed boss Poyet's comments, as he believes a more direct style should help him score more goals in the coming weeks.

"At Brighton there is more build-up play, whereas at Stevenage the team get the ball forward earlier and I'm playing off the shoulder of the other striker [Charlie Griffin].

"So far it's working well but having played in League Two with Chester, I know I can score goals at this level.

"I'm just delighted to be playing regular football again. I want to play as much as I can these next three months, keep scoring goals, and then hopefully I will return to Brighton a much stronger player for the experience."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Honestly, why all the mean spiritedness towards the bloke?

Jesus, he's still young. If he does well we can't lose, as either he comes back full of confidence, or his value rises significantly and we sell him for a profit.

Give the lad a break, with all the shit he gets, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was a lazy bastard or had given the Albion fans the bird. Good luck Chris.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Honestly, why all the mean spiritedness towards the bloke?

Jesus, he's still young. If he does well we can't lose, as either he comes back full of confidence, or his value rises significantly and we sell him for a profit.

Give the lad a break, with all the shit he gets, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was a lazy bastard or had given the Albion fans the bird. Good luck Chris.

I wholeheartedly concur (beats that odious 'this', surely?).

Poyet has admitted that he didn't play to CH's strengths and it wouldn't be the first time that a player takes a while to settle in. But no... He gets some vitriolic abuse from a portion of our fans. Nice.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If he carries on like this then then worst that should happen is we recoup our outlay on him by flogging him to Stevenage.
He was very disappointing when I saw him in preseason but he showed a few nice touches in his first few games. Think there is a player in there somewhere and he's not someone who seems to f*** about like Dickinson seems to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here