Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Muppet. You know NOTHING.

When they announced it at Withdean tonight, people just laughed.

Holroyd scored three goals against the 92nd team in the league. Woopie-f***ing-dos. I repeat: we need better players than that to progress. Much better players. He had nine months here to prove himself here and produced f*** all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I love you THPP. You're very consistent.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For fucks sake, why do you have to sound like a f***ing smart arse? You're FAR from alone in thinking Holroyd might have something to offer. He always gets into good positions for the Albion but lacked a killer instinct and a certain belief that he could muscle his way into striking positions. Clearly, a run on loan is exactly what he needed.

Because it's felt like I HAVE been alone in defending him, so it's a chance to just give a little bit back, can hardly blame me after months of being abused for SUPPORTING one of our players.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If we truly have aspirations to play in the Championship, then we need players like Holroyd who can prove themselves at League level lower down, and give us decisions to make.

I can't see the arguments here. Holroyd never did anything to really show us he had promise, neither did he write himself off. The better he does in League 2, the more promising it is for our club.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
this is very good news hope stevenage buy him in january!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Give the bloke a break, it's a win-win situation for us.

If he scores loads for Stevenage, he either comes back ten times more confident and thus more likely to score for us, or they want to chuck us some cash for him.

And even if he wasn't scoring for them, well he's temporarily off the wage bill, and rather he didn't score for them than didn't score for us.

I hope it works well for him, it would be great if he came back and made a contribution here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ultimately, up front is the one area we are short of competition, so Holroyd scoring a shedload is ideal for us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is nonsensical isn't it? He's scored FOUR in TWO games, which at that rate would mean he scored 100 goals a season. How is that "finding his level"? ???

Alright smart arse...
:wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is obviously good enough for the 2nd Division and Division 1 was one step too high for him.

He is not the first player who was prolific at the lower league level but struggled any higher Fred Binney and Dixie McNeil immediiately spring to mind.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lets see how he does when he comes back. I'm guessing we'll see a different player, but I hope Poyet gets the chance to see him before then

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lets see how he does when he comes back. I'm guessing we'll see a different player, but I hope Poyet gets the chance to see him before then

I'm guessing we'll see the same player, but that we'll play to his strengths a bit more when he's on the pitch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Somebody was saying at the match that in a a recent interview about Holroyd Gus said he made a mistake buying him because at the time he would have fitted our style of plkay but he has changed the way we play and Holroyd doesnt fit into that style. This is the first I have heard of such an interview, anybody else read or heard it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Somebody was saying at the match that in a a recent interview about Holroyd Gus said he made a mistake buying him because at the time he would have fitted our style of plkay but he has changed the way we play and Holroyd doesnt fit into that style. This is the first I have heard of such an interview, anybody else read or heard it?

In the Argus here, as per Gus knows his football:

Holroyd's famine down to me says Poyet
10:28am Monday 27th September 2010

Print
Email
Comments(4)
By Andy Naylor »

Albion boss Gus Poyet says he is to blame for Chris Holroyd's goal drought with Albion.

The striker, scoreless for the Seagulls since a January move from Cambrioge United, hit the target on his debut for Stevenage after joining the League Two club on loan.

Poyet said: "Because of the way we play we didn't help him enough to score goals.

"The way I want to play leaves him too far from the goal, so I am responsible."

See tomorrow's Argus for the full story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here