Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bit of a strange one came with a pretty good record and looked pretty good in the first game. Since then its been downhill and the lack of goals in pre season pretty much finished him off I think. Who knows some good performances and a few goals while on loan might change things but wouldn't exactly put money on it

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
We took a punt on a non-league player that looks like it didn't work out. Move him out and wish him well, I say.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Why is everyone so quick to jump on his back and write him off? How many times has he started for us - 3? 4? That's nowhere near enough to judge him. I'd like to see him given a long run in the first team to really show what he can do and hopefully he'd shut some of you moaning, negative cretins up.

Can't believe nobody has bitten!

Holroyd or Davies?

Pace - Holroyd
Passing - Holroyd
Finishing - Neither
Technique - Holroyd by a country mile
Positioning - About even
Off the ball intelligence - Holroyd

Are you on a windup?

(and that's coming from me, who hated Davies!)

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Every club makes signings who don't do that well, like Man U with Forlan. This lso goes to say that just because they are poor at one club does not make them 'shit', as Forlan shows, or relevant to us, Barnes and Plymouth.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Why is everyone so quick to jump on his back and write him off? How many times has he started for us - 3? 4? That's nowhere near enough to judge him. I'd like to see him given a long run in the first team to really show what he can do and hopefully he'd shut some of you moaning, negative cretins up.

I think your comment has gone way over most peoples's heads!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Having just watched his interview on Stevenage player I don't think we'll be seeing him here again. There was a lot of 'these things sometimes don't work out' and 'taking a step backward to move forward' type talk.

At 24 he needs to be playing....he won't get that at Brighton. Its a good move for him.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So is Holroyd actually any good?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Built like a weed, face like a poppy! Always looked like the effort & strength needed at League 1 was beyond his physique.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Holroyd or Davies?

Pace - Holroyd
Passing - Holroyd
Finishing - Neither
Positioning - About even

Sorry but if this ain't a wind up then you are so way off the mark its untrue. :laugh::facepalm:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Holroyd or Davies?

Pace - Holroyd
Passing - Holroyd
Finishing - Neither
Positioning - About even

mental

at least when davies played for us he got into a position to score. admittedley, he would 9 times out of 10 miss, but he had the chances. the only shot i can EVER remember holroyd having was a penalty at burgess hill in pre-season - which he missed

davies is doing rather well in league two and has certainly found his level there - i very much doubt holroyd will do anywhere near as well as he is during this loan spell

its one of the few cock ups poyet has made in the transfer market

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've only seen him twice and thought he was out of his depth.

What I don't get is the GLEE that so many have in the Albion making a duff signing, and the VITRIOL they have towards said players.

Some of the comments towards the likes of Dean Cox, Jakey, Craig Davies et al seem out of proportion to the damage they have done to the writer's lives, IMO of course. For all I know Kerry Mayo/Glenn Murray or Gus Poyet could have popped round and had a shit through TCB's letterbox, and in which case the criticism would probably be justified.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Played in a system that suits him - ie he runs off the last man old-school Michael Owen style - he will score PLENTY of goals. He's already proved that before. You wait and see.

Forster didn't score in his first TWELVE games for the Albion, so all you dimwits would've been saying the same about him. Exactly the same. About NICKY FORSTER.

Still, you know better than Gus Poyet eh?

I'm sorry but his technique is miles ahead of Davies'. His passing was very good, his positioning was superb, he was CONSTANTLY getting on the shoulder of the last defender waiting for the pass that never came because ruddy Crofts never played a through ball in his life. Against MK Dons alone Holroyd could've been put through on goal 5 or 6 times. But I'm guessing you guys just look at the goals scored column and don't understand the rest of how a football game works?

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Davies was fast, strong and abrasive.....a bit like Andrex gone wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here