Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Spoke to a Cambridge fan about him while i was on holiday. He said they'd have him back in a flash & was really surprised we had such a low opinion of him.

Shame we wont see the wierd head shape combo of him & Sandaza any time soon then

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Well it would be good for him to get a run of games for a team, and then come back.

But as poyet only seems to loan players he wants rid of then I wouldn't be surprised if it was curtains for him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I dont think many people that are slating him here have seen him in a Brighton shirt that many times as it is, if ever some of them.

Pre-Season Friendlies as well though pal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wouldn't SLATE the guy, as he's still relatively young and inexperienced. Good workrate and decent touch, but as a striker he looks about as dangerous as a flaccid daffodil.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I really want him to come good. Course I do he plays for the Albion.

But I do feel his days are *somewhat* numbered when he didnt even make the bench for the JPT game against Orient. If ever there was a game to play him (or at least its feature) it was that one.

Especially when we reverted to 3 - 7 - 0 with 20 mins to go!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
IF we go up it would be curtains for him anyway .... from what i hear Poyet has lost patience with him and he is now bottom of the pile and being loaned out.... wouldn't be suprised to see something more permanent in jan

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In which the whole team performed so admirably?

Edit: My point being, he gets a lot of undeserved flak for not being an instant success

The bloke said people haven't seen him that much but I said they have seen a lot of him in pre season?!

No but the whole team weren't consistantly shite! My opinion - the same opinion as others have too...

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I find Holroyd astounding. I know all this 'give him time' stuff, and I agree in part, but what is amazing about him is that not only has he not scored, he has barely looked like scoring, barely mustered a shot, in all the time he has played for us. How can someone who banged them in in the Conference completely lose an eye for goal, even if the quality of defences is a few steps up.

He might score a few in League 2, as with some game time and confidence he might find his scoring boots again, but from the time I've seen him play for Brighton he looks like he might struggle to score and park level.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Unfortunately these signings rarely work out - Pitcher / Dixon as examples.

However sometimes they do Hart / Revell

Always a gamble though.......

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well it would be good for him to get a run of games for a team, and then come back.

But as poyet only seems to loan players he wants rid of then I wouldn't be surprised if it was curtains for him.
The difference is though that Holroyd was, presumably, a Gus signing. None of the others we've loaned out were. Also when we sent out players like Dickinson, Forster, McNulty we arguably didn't have many other alternatives but still sent them out - at the moment we're flying, we've got a good squad so Holroyd isn't in the picture. If he does alright at Stevenage, that may change (though I doubt it because like most people I don't think he's anywhere near good enough).

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Liam82 is right to say about the nearly men but note that Robinson and Davies are scoring a lot of goals so far,but of course in a division lower down

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You cannot compare Holroyd to Barney. The comparison has to be against Dixon. A 3 month loan spell will nearly tie in nicely with the January transfer window.

Why is everyone so quick to jump on his back and write him off? How many times has he started for us - 3? 4? That's nowhere near enough to judge him. I'd like to see him given a long run in the first team to really show what he can do and hopefully he'd shut some of you moaning, negative cretins up.

How many times have you seen the player?
Regrettably I have seen all his home games. Abject, woeful, goal shy, way off this league & these are the polite comments. If he plays in most games then we will plummet down the tables. Sorry, but the Albion that I am watching is on the up. This player must never wear an Albion shirt again. Harsh, but fair to us & the player.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
The lad could be quality, he just needs some regular games. He will score goals and grow confidence and then hopefully return and could well be a 'supersub' come the end of the season, maybe even start a few. Have faith in the lad!

:albion1:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why is everyone so quick to jump on his back and write him off? How many times has he started for us - 3? 4? That's nowhere near enough to judge him. I'd like to see him given a long run in the first team to really show what he can do and hopefully he'd shut some of you moaning, negative cretins up.

There's aways some poor sap who's the very last one to write off a no-hoper. There were some very specal people saying 'aw, give the boy a chance' about Johnny Dixon up to the day he left to become a theatrical agent or whatever it was.

Said it before, say it again. Holroyd is Dixon with a better jumper. And The Cognoscenti are NEVER wrong. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here