Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

here is a view words from harty.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Apologies, but I'm just sick of the all the b***s***,

I don't believe we will go down

I think we will get to Wembley and have a good day out, and more importantly it will re ignite the passion of the the Albion in a lot of the younger fans.

In my opinion, which in the whole scheme of things means nothing, I think Dick Knight had made his mind up that Wilkins was out as far back as last January, he told the 'inner sanctum' as much.

He should have sacked him then and brought whoever he felt fit, bringing Micky in gave him a position of strength in that Adams was the only manager in the eyes of the Albion fans he could have got away with it.

As I said before we won't go down, but don't shoot the messenger!

Wilkins, will not come back, move on...... Adams is not the answer, move on! However Harty, please share with us when you think our next league win will come? As I can not see where, even on Tuesday I feel we will struggle

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This thread shows how the Albion supporters are tearing themselves apart. Whatever the reasons for Wilkins depature and the appointment of Adams I can only say that where I sit around blocks F & G all regard this season as a disaster and the sooner Adams goes the better. We are fed up with the likes of Harty and co who continue to say all will be well. Even if we escape relegation, which I doubt, the standard of football and entertainment this season has been dire. So what if we go to Wembley for a nothing event, this has been an awful season and there is only one lot who have have reduced us to this state, namely Adams, White and Booker. For goodness sake have the decency to go....now.

Said it before, say it again. There's a recession on. Nobody in the current financial climate is going to willingly consign themselves to the dole queue. Better to suffer a few boos and draw a football management wage, than get thruppence after twelve weeks on the social.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
The rumour was that Wilkins backed O Callaghan and Savage against the club and if a manager in any job does that he isnt going to be popular with the owner/boss and his job will be shortlived.

How can we define "Backed the players against the club". Seeing as he was team manager, it can only be right to express a wish to keep, what he thinks is his best team, together. If that is a reason for sacking then Dick might as well manage the team now becaus, it would seem a manager has no say anyway.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Apologies, but I'm just sick of the all the b***s***,

I don't believe we will go down

I think we will get to Wembley and have a good day out, and more importantly it will re ignite the passion of the the Albion in a lot of the younger fans.

In my opinion, which in the whole scheme of things means nothing, I think Dick Knight had made his mind up that Wilkins was out as far back as last January, he told the 'inner sanctum' as much.

He should have sacked him then and brought whoever he felt fit, bringing Micky in gave him a position of strength in that Adams was the only manager in the eyes of the Albion fans he could have got away with it.

As I said before we won't go down, but don't shoot the messenger!
The problem with you becoming sick of all the bullshit, is most of it is coming from your mouth Harty!

Your "I dont believe we will go down line" is frankly total bullshit. Back it up! It seems to be your only argument. Why don't you think we'll go down? You sound like Gordon Brown. Do you think if you say it enough people will believe you? We're in the bottom four. We have a manager who cannot get the best, or it seems even 50% out of his players. We have a chairman whose ego will take us down, before it allows him to admit a mistake and sack the manager.

On this form forget about Wembley. Even if we do beat Luton, and I dont think we will, I'd rather us focus on staying up.

FFS Adams is already talking about next season. He needs to get a grip of himself, and worry about this year.

The only thing you seem to have got right, is the decision to Sack Wilkins was made in January.

But for f*** sake don't do Dick's dirty work and spread all this "lost the changing room" bollocks. It aint the truth and you know it. He got sacked because he fell out with Dick over the transfers. If Dean had kept him mouth shut he'd probably still be manager. But he said what he felt, and dared to challenge Dick Knight authoirty and the rest is history.

I've lost all respect for you Harty over the past few months. Ever since Dick gave you a slot on the website, you seem to be more and more selling out and becoming his mouthpiece. All all means have your view, but let it be YOUR view, and not trying to get on Dick's good side.

SOunds harsh, but I'm just glad you weren't offered an interal job in the 90s! I never had you down as a sell out.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think some on here are mistaking Harty for an expert rather than just a fan.

There really is little logic in his 'we wont go down' and 'Adams is the right man' other than he is a fan and will take a view and run with it no matter what, thats what fans do.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When did this turn into north stand hate on harty?

I disagree with some of his comments, some of the arguments put forward to defend micky, and his optimism in the face of dire football, dire management, dire results does grate, but come on, give it a rest.

As much as it can annoy me at times, is it so wrong of him to remain so fervently optimistic? Does he deserve so much flak simply for staying positive?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
When did this turn into north stand hate on harty?

I disagree with some of his comments, some of the arguments put forward to defend micky, and his optimism in the face of dire football, dire management, dire results does grate, but come on, give it a rest.

As much as it can annoy me at times, is it so wrong of him to remain so fervently optimistic? Does he deserve so much flak simply for staying positive?

I don't think anyone hates Harty, but he has never been backwards in
attacking people who oppose his views.
Now what did he tell me to lick again?:jester:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But there seems to be so much more negativity directed at him in the last 5 hours or so than there has been since I joined NSC.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
But there seems to be so much more negativity directed at him in the last 5 hours or so than there has been since I joined NSC.
Because he's talking shit, and people are fed up with hearing the same old shit.

Albion are in deep trouble, and are more than likely to go down, due to having a manager not capable of doing the job.

He's a presenter on an Albion phone in, and shoots anyone with different views to him down, yet doesn't back his own view up with anything other than blind faith.

And hearing the presenter today, it showed we can have a proper phone in with proper debate, instead of the presenter continuly telling everyone how we won't go down and Adams is the man for the job.

That's properly why there a lot of negativity towards him, because people are fed up with hearing the same old crap week in week out.

He seems to believe the worst four teams/squads in the league will go down..... if that was the case we'd be in the top five!!!

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
How very modern football, all this lost the dressing room stuff. Very hard for me to get my head around that having grown up with Mullery managing the Albion in the 70s.

Wilkins had brought through young local players, thereby saving the club a great deal of money, apart from the pride and kudos of actually having Sussex players in the team. The team did incredibly well to finish just outside the playoffs and we should have been looking to push on, of course. Knight didn't think Wilkins was the man to do this and acted accordingly. There were lots of people moaning about Wilkins last season, too.

We have no money, a tip for a ground, low crowds and operate at the low end of the transfer market. Look at the top of the division, which teams are leading: Leicester, the franchise, Peterborough etc. It's not impossible but it is very hard to sustain each year for where we are now.

That we competed for a play off place for so long last season looking back was really something. Even under Wilkins we probably would have struggled more this season, as it seems, as often is the case, that some/many of the young players that did so well have taken a step back.

The problem with sacking managers all the time is that the pool of likely contenders shrinks further.

I was genuinely surprised when MA was appointed and had had no inkling that this was going to happen.

With respect, why might you have an inkling to his appointment ?

Its wholly unacceptable conduct from any Chairman to offer his intentions of sacking his manager in January to anyone outside the Boardroom, whilst the unknowing manager worked tirelessly to bring some success to the club.
Exactly.

And he didn't.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
How can we define "Backed the players against the club". Seeing as he was team manager, it can only be right to express a wish to keep, what he thinks is his best team, together. If that is a reason for sacking then Dick might as well manage the team now becaus, it would seem a manager has no say anyway.

Exactly. I remember a poster a few weeks ago (could have been LB again) saying Hammond wanted to be the highest paid player at the club, Knight said he wasn't worth that and sold him. So if the chairman effectively rates his own football judgement over that of the manager, where does that leave us?

Exactly. I remember a poster a few weeks ago (could have been LB again) saying Hammond wanted to be the highest paid player at the club, Knight said he wasn't worth that and sold him. So if the chairman effectively rates his own football judgement over that of the manager, where does that leave us?

It wasn't me that said that. I don't know if it was true.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

DK would expect his manager to accept his view especially on the finances of the club and if he says the club can not afford to pay a player x amount the manager should accept it and support the chairman. The manager is responsible for getting the team playing and goes to the chairman with his thoughts on the players and the chairman either agrees or not if he says it is not possible that is the end of the story, or should be, he wouldnt expect the manager to continue the fight.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great debate and somewhere the truth lies about the hatchet job on Wilkins.

Move that to one side what really annoys me is the dis-belief by various over the fact we are now left to scrap a relegation battle.

Sadly this is an unbelieveable step back from 7th last season so someone somewhere has cocked up big time.

The bigger issue is are they man enough to own up to this cock up and put it right ?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Great debate and somewhere the truth lies about the hatchet job on Wilkins.

Move that to one side what really annoys me is the dis-belief by various over the fact we are now left to scrap a relegation battle.

Sadly this is an unbelieveable step back from 7th last season so someone somewhere has cocked up big time.

The bigger issue is are they man enough to own up to this cock up and put it right ?

Regardless of whether Knight wants to fire Adams (and I doubt he does, because that means admitting a mistake) I don't think we have the money to do so. Unless he resigns I can still see him managing the team next season, quite possibly in League 2.

D

Deleted User X18H

By the time of Wilkins' departure, I wasn't surprised to see him go.

I was surprised to see Adams return.
Certain people at Gary Harts testimonial dinner told me something sensational was afoot and if they told me I am sure they told you Ed!!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here