Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

here is a view words from harty.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For all the silence there has been on this matter, that is one of the few things we have been told by Dick Knight - that they were united in this decision.

Whether they're united over Adams now - who knows?

I'd be surprised if the board had been completely united in the decision to sack Wilkins, the decision to offer him the coaches role, the decision to appoint Adams and the decision to retain him despite poor results.

A lot of board members have put a lot of money into this club and now we have Falmer under way it really is crunch time in terms of shareholders actually getting something back.

I find it hard to believe that they are not just a little bit concerned with a bloke in his 70s who isn't really a football man making massive decisions that are beginning to look rash at best.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd be surprised if the board had been completely united in the decision to sack Wilkins, the decision to offer him the coaches role, the decision to appoint Adams and the decision to retain him despite poor results.

A lot of board members have put a lot of money into this club and now we have Falmer under way it really is crunch time in terms of shareholders actually getting something back.

I find it hard to believe that they are not just a little bit concerned with a bloke in his 70s who isn't really a football man making massive decisions that are beginning to look rash at best.

Shareholders getting something back? That is not going to happen any time soon, and they all know that.

You have to bear in mind none of the directors nor the other shareholders want the chairman's role at present (and when I say 'at present', I mean before we get to Falmer), and all are happy to have Dick in that position. None of them are questioning that - really.

I firmly believe that the sacking of Wilkins, while a surprise to us, genuinely was a unanimous decision, as was the decision to acquire Adams' services. No idea what they are feeling is at present regarding the current situation. But the fact that Adams is there implies at LEAST a majority verdict to back him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There really is nothing new here is there the those that I know something you don't and the those that possibly prove this theory.

Still, keeps the binfest going

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Top post

Look it dosen't take a genuis to work it all out

1. Dick Knight dosen't want to keep the team that Dean has built up to dec 2007 - He gets rid of Bas George and Dean Hammond

Who said DK got rid of them? Having spoken personally to one of those he didn't want to stay

2. Dick then decides exactly what players HE wants in thinking that it will f*** up Dean Wilkins team

Murray came in then if so well done DK

3 Results weren't that great up to end January ( when funnily enough mr Micky Adams leaves colchester)

WTF has that got to do with anything?

4. February Dean Wilkins manages to turn things around with the new team that Dick has built and get results

Maybe inspite of him not because of him!!!!!!!!

5. March / April Dick can't sack Dean beacuse we are still progressing to playoffs and fans would be in uproar ( even though Micky Adams was playing golf and saying he was coming back to us)

THE BOARD could have sacked him at any point!! And where was it said MA would be back as manager?

6 We can't get to the playoffs and finish 7th and then in May our Chairman sacks Dean

Unless you are a club official?? what do you know and cut the i know "THE TRUTH" and pray tell all

Now Micky said we will be on for promotion next season - i agree with him - FROM LEAGUE TWO!!!!

how much more of this garbage have we got to endure?????

Until THE BOARD decide otherwise

Why don't you do me a favour and ask Dean himself what happened? Why not ask Micky why he was reappointed?

God i wish i could put enough money into the club so i could get a seat on the board!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Until THE BOARD decide otherwise

Why don't you do me a favour and ask Dean himself what happened? Why not ask Micky why he was reappointed?

God i wish i could put enough money into the club so i could get a seat on the board!!

Don't think it would matter how much money you had...........you ain't going on that Board unless you agree to toe the line with Uncle Dick......:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
I think Harty is an intelligent man but he lacks one thing...Common sense!! His phone in is getting boring because the callers are not allowed to put their point of view forward if it is anything derogatory with regard to MA. He is a loyal Albion supporter, but his comments of late leave a lot to be desired. He lacks professionalism and maybe its time for him to hang up his mic and just support the team, instead of having one of the most biased phone ins I have ever heard. Say anything against MA and you are cut off??? Whats that about? If I could say one thing to Harty it would be this..."It isnt all about you Harty"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You have to bear in mind none of the directors nor the other shareholders want the chairman's role at present (and when I say 'at present', I mean before we get to Falmer), and all are happy to have Dick in that position. None of them are questioning that - really.

QUOTE]

I am sorry Alan, but this is another one of these comments you come out with every now and again.

How do you know?
Has anyone told you?
If so who?

Or are you making something up to give you some sort of " I know something you numpties don't"?

People on here have a right go at BHADeb for coming out with statements that she knows and cant say who her source are.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

QUOTE]

I am sorry Alan, but this is another one of these comments you come out with every now and again.

How do you know?
Has anyone told you?
If so who?

Or are you making something up to give you some sort of " I know something you numpties don't"?

People on here have a right go at BHADeb for coming out with statements that she knows and cant say who her source are.

Blimey, calm down, you mad Yorkshireman. Rant first, ask later...

I have spoken to at different times Dick Knight, Derek Chapman, Ken Brown, Darren Bloom (not strictly part of the hierachy, but close enough - though doubtless he won't remember me), Martin Perry and various other individuals at the club.

That's not being a 'licker' or hob-nobbing. I just sometimes feel like being nosey and going up to them and asking them - anyone can do that if they felt like it. You don't get a particularly straight answer out of them (aside from Chapman - who categorically states he doesn't want to be chairman), but putting various bits of the puzzle together, you form a picture.

It's no big secret, none of them particularly want the job of chairman while we're at Withdean.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey, calm down, you mad Yorkshireman. Rant first, ask later...

I have spoken to at different times Dick Knight, Derek Chapman, Ken Brown, Darren Bloom (not strictly part of the hierachy, but close enough - though doubtless he won't remember me), Martin Perry and various other individuals at the club.

That's not being a 'licker' or hob-nobbing. I just sometimes feel like being nosey and going up to them and asking them - anyone can do that if they felt like it. You don't get a particularly straight answer out of them (aside from Chapman - who categorically states he doesn't want to be chairman), but putting various bits of the puzzle together, you form a picture.

It's no big secret, none of them particularly want the job of chairman while we're at Withdean.

I wasnt suggesting you were a licker. I was just interested as you seem to know far more than anyone on here as you are so close to the club. It is very enlightening .

I am perfectly calm thank you, you soft southern poof

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think Harty is an intelligent man but he lacks one thing...Common sense!! His phone in is getting boring because the callers are not allowed to put their point of view forward if it is anything derogatory with regard to MA. He is a loyal Albion supporter, but his comments of late leave a lot to be desired. He lacks professionalism and maybe its time for him to hang up his mic and just support the team, instead of having one of the most biased phone ins I have ever heard. Say anything against MA and you are cut off??? Whats that about? If I could say one thing to Harty it would be this..."It isnt all about you Harty"

The day he started his own piece on the official club website, he became 'part of the club' and as such CANNOT have an unbiased opinion, and therefore can no longer do the phone in IMO.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Shareholders getting something back? That is not going to happen any time soon, and they all know that.

The Albion have manageable debt and are moving to a new stadium. The city and location are "sexy" and the catchment area has c. £1 million people.

If I was, say, Norman Cook and had pumped in cash for 10 years I'd hold out at least some hope that maybe one day a large investor may wish to acquire my shares at a premium, giving me an exit strategy.

I'd therefore be slightly concerned that DK is showing every one of his 70+ years and making some bad football decisions. There ARE still investors out there - look at QPR and MK Dons - so there is a possibility of investment, but surely that is more likely at the top end of League 1, as opposed to the mire of League 2?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here