Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

here is a view words from harty.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Is it his plan when we go down to blame this as a factor to announce pulling the plug (or putting on hold) Falmer?

That's the silliest question I've ever read on here.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
My interpretation of this whole charade was that Harty was trying to get the point across that it appears that many people were aware that DK wanted to sack DW so why didnt he do it in January and allow MA, who was out of work having left Colchester, to start then and he would have formulated his squad during the latter part of last season thus leaving him ready to attack this division this. Could it be that it was a question of the finance needed, not being in place ready for this season?

As Harty said I have never known such negativity within the supporters of this club during my time of watching them. The dislike of Adams is bordering on hate from some on here. Yes he has made mistakes and hopefully he will rectify those mistakes in the very near future with his new signings. My major concern is that he/ the back up team seem to be getting the team formation wrong and once that is sorted out I believe that we have the players to climb the division but it needs sorting out very soon before it is too late.

My Coventry and Leicester mates as I have said before say 'you could give Adams the Man United or Arsenal Squad and he would f**k it up in an amazingly baffling way'.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Surely some people are missing the point - DK may have been planning to sack Wilkins in January and have Adams lined up to replace him but for whatever reason it did not happen.

Wilkins, Chapman and the players with the help of the supporters turned it round and we ended up 7th; Even then when DK was asked, if we had been promoted would he still have sacked Wilkins he said even this was not enough to change the decision to sack Wilkins . After DK sacked Wilkins he offered him a role which put him in an untenable position which any self respecting person could not accept.

So in comes Adams saying he would like Wilkins and Chapman to stay and work with him. Adams must be blind, unfeeling or just plain daft if he can not see or understand why they couldn't and didn't accept the offers made.

From that point in May the players became Adams players and it was for him to assess them and decide where he needed to implement the changes he thought were necessary to achieve what he had agreed with DK to lead us onwards and upwards as he was the way forward.

The players he bought in have not delivered, we have had loan players etc and nothing has made any difference - we have only achieved three home wins so far this season - is this progress?

In December/January and now February with the positin getting worse and with us now in the relagation zone with Adams seemingly devoid of a way forward and remarks having changed from things like we are to good to go down, to what seems to be an acceptance that we will be going down and he will re build - the remarks are undending and keep getting more and more confusing.

How much more do we have to take or is it all part of the plan by DK? Is it his plan if we go down to blame this as a factor to announce pulling the plug (or putting on hold) Falmer?

I am finding it hard to keep the faith and believe we have a future.

:thumbsup:

Something that i can cleary see we have a problem with is the coaching

Last season our defence was good - maybe the reason behind that was that we had a coach who himself was a defender when he played and that is clearly what we are missing

I think that this club biggest loss this season is not so much losing Dean Wilkins as a manager but losing Dean Wilkins and Ian Chapman as coaches

I think that the players have cleary missed Dean and Ian and I also think that some of the new players that Dick/Micky has brought in would learn a lot from them too

I know it will never happen but to see some of the new players coached by Dean and Ian would have been good

Still they say you have to live and learn by your mistakes and Dick will have to with his

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Micky Adams, at the beginning of the season, wanted that to happen Debs.

Did he really want them or was it just the official line? You dont encourage people like Wilkins to stay after negotiating behind his back to take his job and then re-sign players you've just let him release do you?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I have no idea what is "really" going on.

Does anyone know these days "what is really going on"...?

Difficult to tell, when it seems to me we are being led by a chairman, who appears to be suffering the early stages of senile dementia.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The problem with you becoming sick of all the bullshit, is most of it is coming from your mouth Harty!

Your "I dont believe we will go down line" is frankly total bullshit. Back it up! It seems to be your only argument. Why don't you think we'll go down? You sound like Gordon Brown. Do you think if you say it enough people will believe you? We're in the bottom four. We have a manager who cannot get the best, or it seems even 50% out of his players. We have a chairman whose ego will take us down, before it allows him to admit a mistake and sack the manager.

On this form forget about Wembley. Even if we do beat Luton, and I dont think we will, I'd rather us focus on staying up.

FFS Adams is already talking about next season. He needs to get a grip of himself, and worry about this year.

The only thing you seem to have got right, is the decision to Sack Wilkins was made in January.

But for f*** sake don't do Dick's dirty work and spread all this "lost the changing room" bollocks. It aint the truth and you know it. He got sacked because he fell out with Dick over the transfers. If Dean had kept him mouth shut he'd probably still be manager. But he said what he felt, and dared to challenge Dick Knight authoirty and the rest is history.

I've lost all respect for you Harty over the past few months. Ever since Dick gave you a slot on the website, you seem to be more and more selling out and becoming his mouthpiece. All all means have your view, but let it be YOUR view, and not trying to get on Dick's good side.

SOunds harsh, but I'm just glad you weren't offered an interal job in the 90s! I never had you down as a sell out.
What he said.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Too right - one of the best debate's for some time and so relevant.

Not only is the club in a serious relegation dog fight which the management seem oblivious to, the whole club could self implode.

More and more fans are realising the failings of the current management regime which is taking us in one direction. Even if we avoid relegation, many STH's will have a serious think about re-newing as the quality of the football we are wasting our hard earned cash on is dreadful.

Furthermore it now seems clear that DW went as he stood up to DK in the transfer of players he didn't want to lose - what was wrong in that? End result is the club sacked a good manager and excellent coach - it brought in a dinosaur of a manager - the chairman's reputation is being seriously tarnished and it's choas on the pitch.

This is the time for the Directors to take swift and decisive action or the end result could be a disaster.

I don't believe DK will shrink from taking tough decisions. He stood by McGhee for some time, but at a certain point we (the fans) lost confidence in MM, and DK got rid. My feeling is that the anti-Adams sentiment is now far worse that the anti-McGhee sentiment a few years ago. I have to say that I thought bringing back Micky was a great idea. How wrong I was! 6 wins in 29 games, with the squad that we have, is simply awful.

Several posters on here whose views I respect think that MA will definitely NOT get the boot. Personally, I think they're wrong - there are some good alternatives out there. If anything is going to happen, though, it has to be very quick. Not before tomorrow night's game, of course - the club must focus on trying to get to Wembley. However, win or lose at Luton, Micky may not have a job on Wednesday or Thursday. Not that I know anything - it just seems logical.

What has annoyed me the most about this season is not the poor league position, the dire home form, the unfathomable team selections or the supporter unrest. I've seen all that before, it's cyclical and normal for every football club in every league. The thing that disappoints me the most is just how much respect I have lost for prominent individuals at the club (or closely affiliated with it). I no longer feel that the Chairman, the manager or the players make decisions with the fans in mind. And if you don't respect the loyal fans, what is the future for the club?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What has annoyed me the most about this season is not the poor league position, the dire home form, the unfathomable team selections or the supporter unrest. I've seen all that before, it's cyclical and normal for every football club in every league. The thing that disappoints me the most is just how much respect I have lost for prominent individuals at the club (or closely affiliated with it). I no longer feel that the Chairman, the manager or the players make decisions with the fans in mind. And if you don't respect the loyal fans, what is the future for the club?

Can you give us a 'for instance...'?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't believe DK will shrink from taking tough decisions. He stood by McGhee for some time, but at a certain point we (the fans) lost confidence in MM, and DK got rid. .

The way I recall it, DK stood by MM for a good 6-7 months after the fans lost faith in him. He didn't act til the fans started losing faith in DK as well.

Having said that, some of the anti-dk sentiment seems more fervant than it was back then.

I think I read someone else say that DK didn't act until the away fans turned on MM.

Can you give us a 'for instance...'?

OK.

1) The Chairman. Sacking a manager who had brought stability to the side, a healthy league position and brought through a crop of youngsters. He was clearing out the deadwood and setting us up for improvement. As a fan, I wanted to go to games, I was proud of my team, my club and positive for the future yet it seems DW was still sacked because he dared to question the chairman in private discussions. (And don't forget his prior years of successful service which were disregarded). This is nothing but ego from the chairman and it is very sad to see at a small club like ours.

2) The manager. Can't be arsed to trawl through for quotes but the disdain with which he has spoken about the fans of this club for expecting us to be top 6 in November, or being foolish enough to think we are in a relegation dogfight. Or not doing OUR bit to support the players. Without our support there would be no club, our support pays his wages so that HE can motivate the players. When I am paid to do that you can criticise me for failing you northern buffoon.

3) The players. Do I really need to explain this one? I have been watching football long enough to know that these players are capable of a hell of a lot more than that. We pay to watch them, they are letting us down.

These are just some examples, by no means the only ones. Why didn't the Chairman stick with a successful 'club' manager? Why won't he go public? Why won't the manager hold his hands up and say I should be doing better, sorry. Why don't the players say right sod this, lets go out and kick arse for the FANS? They did it against Man City so it is possible. It's the fans that are suffering, everyone else is looking out for themselves. I'm sure it didn't used to be like this, but maybe I'm just naive.

OK.

1) The Chairman. Sacking a manager who had brought stability to the side, a healthy league position and brought through a crop of youngsters. He was clearing out the deadwood and setting us up for improvement. As a fan, I wanted to go to games, I was proud of my team, my club and positive for the future yet it seems DW was still sacked because he dared to question the chairman in private discussions. (And don't forget his prior years of successful service which were disregarded). This is nothing but ego from the chairman and it is very sad to see at a small club like ours.

2) The manager. Can't be arsed to trawl through for quotes but the disdain with which he has spoken about the fans of this club for expecting us to be top 6 in November, or being foolish enough to think we are in a relegation dogfight. Or not doing OUR bit to support the players. Without our support there would be no club, our support pays his wages so that HE can motivate the players. When I am paid to do that you can criticise me for failing you northern buffoon.

3) The players. Do I really need to explain this one? I have been watching football long enough to know that these players are capable of a hell of a lot more than that. We pay to watch them, they are letting us down.

These are just some examples, by no means the only ones. Why didn't the Chairman stick with a successful 'club' manager? Why won't he go public? Why won't the manager hold his hands up and say I should be doing better, sorry. Why don't the players say right sod this, lets go out and kick arse for the FANS? They did it against Man City so it is possible. It's the fans that are suffering, everyone else is looking out for themselves. I'm sure it didn't used to be like this, but maybe I'm just naive.

for me the most outrageous thing for me is knight hasnt explained anything. some things have to stay behind closed doors but this doesnt. we dont even know a tenth of the full story.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This thread's very confusing now - is Ian Hart responsible for Wilkins sacking and Mickey Adams for his appointment on BBC SCR?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
for me the most outrageous thing for me is knight hasnt explained anything. some things have to stay behind closed doors but this doesnt. we dont even know a tenth of the full story.

It's not outrageous, it's his RIGHT not to say anything.

If the club wants something to stay behind closed doors then it has to, whether we like it or not. We don't own the club or hire and fire employees and we don't have a right to know about employment matters. How do you know that Wilkins doesn't want it to stay behind closed doors, too?

If I were the chaiman, I wouldn't make anything like that public either because I believe very strongly that matters between and employer and an employee should always be strictly confidential. The supporters might want to know but, frankly, that's tough.

I assure you, I'd like to know too, but I don't believe I have a right to know. In any case, it's history, the clock can't be turned back, so even if we knew all the reasons, it would change absolutely nothing.

I believe very strongly that matters between and employer and an employee should always be strictly confidential. The supporters might want to know but, frankly, that's tough.

So why was Knight talking about this with 'inner sanctum' supporters in January '08 then? Surely IF TRUE that would be very wrong indeed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here