Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet not happy

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Agreed, however he does not help himself with comments like "Im Bored" even if they are taken out of context, his defence of luis suarez on talksport first alerted me to his lack of check mirror, signal, talk ability.

I agree that he makes more mistakes than most but let's remember he is an inexperienced manager who clearly gets too passionate at points. Previously it has been called 'flair' but now we are on a poor run suddenly he should be sacked? Makes no sense to me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sadly this is true. Fully expecting a mass cull at seasons end as their contracts expire. Even if we finish top 6 I still think Gus will wield the axe as he knows the quality to get into the Premiership is still missing in his current squad.

We're not all that many players short I don't think, not from the first team. But it's suprising how small our squad seems when things aren't going well, or a couple of injuries crop up. All of a sudden it feels like we have no wingers because Buckley is having a quiet run, LuaLua hasn't looked good all season and Orlandi has been ill. We only have the one striker and when he's not scoring in every game, all our problems seem magnified.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away...

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
As your name is Bigbelly I can only guess how big your arse is, and would not blame Gus for not even attempting.

Well as so many people on here think he’s god and believe he’ll lead us to the promise land then I would expect my arse to wiped clean without sitting on the arse wash (the queen uses one) but he’d f*** it up wiping my arse and would probably use his sock.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We're not all that many players short I don't think, not from the first team. But it's suprising how small our squad seems when things aren't going well, or a couple of injuries crop up. All of a sudden it feels like we have no wingers because Buckley is having a quiet run, LuaLua hasn't looked good all season and Orlandi has been ill. We only have the one striker and when he's not scoring in every game, all our problems seem magnified.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away...

Our immediate problem is that the midfielders are not stepping up to score goals while our 'strikers' are on a barren run. Bridcutt is piss poor at the moment it sounded like he had a nightmare tonight. Crofts has been shit since he has been back and Hammond has had one decent game!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Where was his post match excuse?

His shit signings have got us promoted, consolidated in the championship and still in the top half of the table.

Is he to blame entirely? Sounds as though we could have got something tonight and should have done against Boro.

Have we been outclassed this season? The majority of our defeats have been narrow.

all of our four league defeats have been by one goal

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Gus was exceptional at his trade and finds it frustrating when others can't do what he did. I know how he feels :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We need to stop leaking stupid bloody goals and then we won't lose.

At least one top championship centre back should be the priority.

Leaking goals? Every game we've lost in the league has been 1-0. Leaking goals is when you lose by at least 2 or 3.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Reading this thread I thought it was about Spurs, or Chelsea.
We're Brighton. Yes we might have come a long way in a short space of time, we might have a fantastic new stadium, but we're Brighton. We're not entitled to 3 points away at the top of the league team; we're not entitled to expect Brazilian style attacking play every game. We'll have low points, we'll have high points, if you can't handle the low points, where have you been for the last 30-40 years? Get used to a bit of disappointment now & again, it's the way it is when you support a team like Brighton. I'm not happy about losing, but f*** me, reading some of the shite on here it sounds like we are some big time club. One day, hopefully, yes.
When you can't wait to get on to your keyboard to slag the manager, the team, or individual players off, try & take a breath & remember where we were when this particular manager rocked up. Disappointment is one thing, but some of the remarks on here are beyond belief.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We're Brighton. Yes we might have come a long way in a short space of time, we might have a fantastic new stadium, but we're Brighton. We're not entitled to 3 points away at the top of the league team; we're not entitled to expect Brazilian style attacking play every game. We'll have low points, we'll have high points, if you can't handle the low points, where have you been for the last 30-40 years? Get used to a bit of disappointment now & again, it's the way it is when you support a team like Brighton. I'm not happy about losing, but f*** me, reading some of the shite on here it sounds like we are some big time club. One day, hopefully, yes.
When you can't wait to get on to your keyboard to slag the manager, the team, or individual players off, try & take a breath & remember where we were when this particular manager rocked up. Disappointment is one thing, but some of the remarks on here are beyond belief.

100% correct smudge but be careful or you'll be called a sheep or even worse, an apologist.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
So, to recap...

He is bored (i.e. fed up / frustrated) with the team not doing as it's told and scoring goals. That's the position of most, if not all fans, so he is therefore agreeing and sympathising with them and their plight.

What a wanker...

If he played an attacking team and they did not score then he would be right to sympathise. He picks a defensive team so surely must take (some of) the blame for not scoring?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Oh my days.........................some people have very, very short memories of where this club were not so long ago.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ah thats it, call someone who isnt slagging off the players and is fed up with all the moaning a JCL :thumbsup:

page one of this thread is made up of the usual moaners who have nothing better to say but the same old stuff...o and of course if you arent slagging the players/manager off then you are a jcl etc...and they say gus is boring...lol...they should look at themselves

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I agree that he makes more mistakes than most but let's remember he is an inexperienced manager who clearly gets too passionate at points. Previously it has been called 'flair' but now we are on a poor run suddenly he should be sacked? Makes no sense to me.

Did not say myself he should be sacked, just engage brain before speaking sometimes. We all get passionate about things and refrain from insulting people. Gus I am sure has had lessons or at least advise on how to speak to the press, it shows a lack of respect to me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Our immediate problem is that the midfielders are not stepping up to score goals while our 'strikers' are on a barren run. Bridcutt is piss poor at the moment it sounded like he had a nightmare tonight. Crofts has been shit since he has been back and Hammond has had one decent game!

your totally right about the lack of goals coming from midfield

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

A lot of these comments (mine included) are being made in the heat of the moment after another defeat without scoring. We are all pissed off bt in the broad scheme of things you are absolutely correct. We are very lucky to have Gus, he is a young manager, he is learning and he will make mistakes. It is because we all love our team that we are pissed off tonight, nothing more than that. BTID.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here