Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet not happy

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A lot of these comments (mine included) are being made in the heat of the moment after another defeat without scoring. We are all pissed off bt in the broad scheme of things you are absolutely correct. We are very lucky to have Gus, he is a young manager, he is learning and he will make mistakes. It is because we all love our team that we are pissed off tonight, nothing more than that. BTID.

wilko...judging by your normal posts ..i can see where u r coming from..but theres a lot on that first page who do it ninety % of the time they were born pissed off

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
wilko...judging by your normal posts ..i can see where u r coming from..but theres a lot on that first page who do it ninety % of the time they were born pissed off

I am just a bit gutted by another loss, I will be smiling again in the morning :)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
never took u for a poster who jumped on the bandwagon

Sorry to shatter that view.:) I probably am over-reacting but something fundamental needs to change and soon to turn things round. The poor results we are experiencing are very worrying and it's difficult to see how Gus is going to remedy this. I still want him to stay but a few more defeats will see the pressure on him grow to very high levels.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Some people seem to be missing the point. You don't get any bonus points for just losing by one goal. You still get f*** all. The defence is not the problem, it's the inability to score goals. That is the problem and break teams down, when we go a goal down. Did someone point out, it's something like 60 odd games, since we have come from behind to win a game???.That is a major concern and highlights the fact, if things don't go to plan, Poyet doesn't know how to turn it around, during a game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry to shatter that view.:) I probably am over-reacting but something fundamental needs to change and soon to turn things round. The poor results we are experiencing are very worrying and it's difficult to see how Gus is going to remedy this. I still want him to stay but a few more defeats will see the pressure on him grow to very high levels.

lol zeb..if u believed some on here the pressure was on him after five wins on the trot...wonder how Ipswich fans are feeling

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Oh my days.........................some people have very, very short memories of where this club were not so long ago.

So we should not have expectation? We should not question a manger and his tactics when he has the budget and squad to massively influence how we do?

We not fighting for our existence any more and I'm so glad of that. We are doing what football fans do comment on the football not who is running the club or fighting the local council etc

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Did not say myself he should be sacked, just engage brain before speaking sometimes. We all get passionate about things and refrain from insulting people. Gus I am sure has had lessons or at least advise on how to speak to the press, it shows a lack of respect to me.

Far more experienced managers with a greater understanding of the English language and culture have said much worse. He spoke as a fan - who does the 'I'm bored' quote really effect. Obviously the players themselves know that the manager's not gunna be happy with the number of goals we are scoring and neither will they be. It does not hurt me - I feel the same way and I have no doubt that Gus is doing his best to change the situation, whether on the training pitch or in the transfer market. Sometimes I feel managers get the blame for player's error. I am sure they will admit that recently they have not been good enough. We know we can win games and play well because we have done it this season!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Some people seem to be missing the point. You don't get any bonus points for just losing by one goal. You still get f*** all. The defence is not the problem, it's the inability to score goals. That is the problem and break teams down, when we go a goal down. Did someone point out, it's something like 60 odd games, since we have come from behind to win a game???.That is a major concern and highlights the fact, if thinks don't go to plan, Poyet doesn't know how to turn it around, during a game.
ink people are missing the point at all...one goal just highlights the thin line ..if the team were getting thrashed then u could have a go at every player instead of the manager and those who arent sticking it in the net

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
So we should not have expectation? We should not question a manger and his tactics when he has the budget and squad to massively influence how we do?

We not fighting for our existence any more and I'm so glad of that. We are doing what football fans do comment on the football not who is running the club or fighting the local council etc

Fair enough we can criticise but some people are asking for him to be sacked. Surely you must agree that is premature??

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
lol zeb..if u believed some on here the pressure was on him after five wins on the trot...wonder how Ipswich fans are feeling

Fair point and oddly I thought Ipswich looked a good side.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Far more experienced managers with a greater understanding of the English language and culture have said much worse. He spoke as a fan - who does the 'I'm bored' quote really effect. Obviously the players themselves know that the manager's not gunna be happy with the number of goals we are scoring and neither will they be. It does not hurt me - I feel the same way and I have no doubt that Gus is doing his best to change the situation, whether on the training pitch or in the transfer market. Sometimes I feel managers get the blame for player's error. I am sure they will admit that recently they have not been good enough. We know we can win games and play well because we have done it this season!

fair do's......

but yeah but no.....

and we skip off holding hands...................

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
ink people are missing the point at all...one goal just highlights the thin line ..if the team were getting thrashed then u could have a go at every player instead of the manager and those who arent sticking it in the net

Instead of the manager, who bought the players, that can't stick it in the back of the net you mean?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Our immediate problem is that the midfielders are not stepping up to score goals while our 'strikers' are on a barren run. Bridcutt is piss poor at the moment it sounded like he had a nightmare tonight. Crofts has been shit since he has been back and Hammond has had one decent game!

I've been saying since last season that Bridcutt doesn't need two partners and that we're overly negative. I still feel that way. If Gus wants to score more goals, the time will come that he has to play a more offensive line up. I like Gary Dicker, and in the right team he's a very valuable asset. But in a team with both Bridcutt and Crofts, the work he does is being done and he adds nothing of value in that sort of line up. I think the time has come for him to become marginalised, and drop out of the first team. Hammond and Crofts both offer much more in attacking positions and just as much defensively, in my opinion. We've upgraded in the full back positions and signed better players to play in the centre of midfield, but we aren't using them overly wisely at the moment.

I'm sure Gus would disagree with me, but the performances and results at the moment are more on my side I think.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I love Gus but he can't play one up front and a defensive midfield game after game and then state he is bored cause we do not score. If you are bored Gus, try this:

Ku
Bruno Greer El-abd Bridge
Buckley Bridcutt Crofts LuaLua
Barnes CMS

Or summat similar?
TWO UP FRONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a f***ing witch. BURRRRRRRRRN HIM

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Reading this thread I thought it was about Spurs, or Chelsea.
We're Brighton. Yes we might have come a long way in a short space of time, we might have a fantastic new stadium, but we're Brighton. We're not entitled to 3 points away at the top of the league team; we're not entitled to expect Brazilian style attacking play every game. We'll have low points, we'll have high points, if you can't handle the low points, where have you been for the last 30-40 years? Get used to a bit of disappointment now & again, it's the way it is when you support a team like Brighton. I'm not happy about losing, but f*** me, reading some of the shite on here it sounds like we are some big time club. One day, hopefully, yes.
When you can't wait to get on to your keyboard to slag the manager, the team, or individual players off, try & take a breath & remember where we were when this particular manager rocked up. Disappointment is one thing, but some of the remarks on here are beyond belief.

Agree. We just lost 1-0 away to the league leaders and the manager has vented his frustration at our lack of recent goals. Some massive over-reaction to both these things tonight.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
We need to stop leaking stupid bloody goals and then we won't lose.

At least one top championship centre back should be the priority.

Haven't we conceded the least amount of goals in the league, also not conceded more than 1 goal in a league game all season.

To me, that suggests the defence is doing its job.

It's goals we need, GOALS !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here