Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet not happy

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
yeah but 1 goal in five games irrespective of how many near misses is really not good enough and is more like relegation form. Why not try Adgestein for a sub runout to see what he is like?

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Sorry for being so positive - I know it's not the preferred style but...

Let's remember that a few years ago we were languishing at the bottom of League 1, and had been for a couple of years. Nothing looked like it was going to change. Then Gus came in and completely redeveloped the club from top to bottom. He got us promoted out of a competitive League 1 season with games to spare and last season we consolidated our place in the Championship. In addition to this his changes to the style of training for the DS and youth teams will have long lasting benefits long after he has gone. For these reasons, although it is a little frustrating at the moment, I am more than willing to cut Gus a little bit of slack. We are in the top 10 of the Championship! Some people seem to have very short memories but there we are....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Did you go tonight? Or is the 90min trip too far?

Not going to justify an expenditure like that when money is tight and we are f***ing CLUELESS going forwards. Doing plenty of local matches though sugar tits thanks.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I love Gus but he can't play one up front and a defensive midfield game after game and then state he is bored cause we do not score. If you are bored Gus, try this:

Ku
Bruno Greer El-abd Bridge
Buckley Bridcutt Crofts LuaLua
Barnes CMS

Or summat similar?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Who gives a toss what they do in training. It's on the pitch that counts. Lose on Saturday an Gus is going to come under even more pressure.

We'll lose alright and that'll be 2pts out of 18pts. Gus days are numbered as he hasn't a plan B and refuses to play any other way.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
AND WE'RE NOT FECKING HAPPY EITHER, GUS.

Try playing with two strikers ... just might give us twice the opportunity to score.

Try finding the target man you've been looking for ... for how long?

Many of us fans are getting seriously pissed off. Losing to better teams and scoring a few goals along the way makes for attractive football.

You're bored? Imagine how we feel supporting a team that can't score a goal. Pathetic!

If Gus' comments were the best he can do we really are in the poo. We need him to come out fighting not feel sorry for himself.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wouldnt also be surprised if he is bored with our fickle fans.....i certainly am.

Sorry to say this but comments like Poyet has made show an outstanding immaturity at football management in my view

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
We have the biggest attendance in the league, and the most corporate boxes/cash so there is an expectation of success.
I'm so bored of the 'this time 3 years ago we were playing Orient' brigade. Move on. We have Bridge, Bruno and CMS and
yes I expect MORE!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not going to justify an expenditure like that when money is tight and we are f***ing CLUELESS going forwards. Doing plenty of local matches though sugar tits thanks.

Ah ok you are a fan not a supporter, glad we clarified that.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We've still got some average players at this level, and they don't get you promoted. There is still work to be done,

Sadly this is true. Fully expecting a mass cull at seasons end as their contracts expire. Even if we finish top 6 I still think Gus will wield the axe as he knows the quality to get into the Premiership is still missing in his current squad.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I love Gus but he can't play one up front and a defensive midfield game after game and then state he is bored cause we do not score. If you are bored Gus, try this:

Ku
Bruno Greer El-abd Bridge
Buckley Bridcutt Crofts LuaLua
Barnes CMS

Or summat similar?

that team ticks all my boxes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sorry for being so positive - I know it's not the preferred style but...

Let's remember that a few years ago we were languishing at the bottom of League 1, and had been for a couple of years. Nothing looked like it was going to change. Then Gus came in and completely redeveloped the club from top to bottom. He got us promoted out of a competitive League 1 season with games to spare and last season we consolidated our place in the Championship. In addition to this his changes to the style of training for the DS and youth teams will have long lasting benefits long after he has gone. For these reasons, although it is a little frustrating at the moment, I am more than willing to cut Gus a little bit of slack. We are in the top 10 of the Championship! Some people seem to have very short memories but there we are....

Agreed, however he does not help himself with comments like "Im Bored" even if they are taken out of context, his defence of luis suarez on talksport first alerted me to his lack of check mirror, signal, talk ability.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So, to recap...

He is bored (i.e. fed up / frustrated) with the team not doing as it's told and scoring goals. That's the position of most, if not all fans, so he is therefore agreeing and sympathising with them and their plight.

What a wanker...

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Where was his post match excuse?

His shit signings have got us promoted, consolidated in the championship and still in the top half of the table.

Is he to blame entirely? Sounds as though we could have got something tonight and should have done against Boro.

Have we been outclassed this season? The majority of our defeats have been narrow.

So f***ing this. I am as pissed off as anyone with recent results, and poyet's "bored" comment is ridiculous, but I am even more pissed with some the absolutely pathetic comments from some of our fans. Grow the f*** up and support your team.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Sorry to say this but comments like Poyet has made show an outstanding immaturity at football management in my view

Or it shows he is also human and is saying how he actually feels ? I dont agree with him saying he is bored, would of rather had him make a pledge to address the problems and then see an immediate improvement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here