Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus is trending on Twitter again!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Because the 'white man' has not been enslaved, persecuted, segregated and discriminated against for hundreds of years and because our cultures have developed so many terms to use in abusing black people it's not such a bad thing we protect ethnic minorities in Britain?
O give me a break SERIOUSLYYYY:shrug:
Is it pay back time then and now the whites must suffer?
Have you ever wondered why these things happened in years gone by?wether people like it or not the whites have been the superior race and have moved the world onto the next level.Why should modern day white people be punished for slavery that happened way before our time?

Anyway its not worth getting into a debate about ancient slavery etc,times have moved on and things are as good as equal now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Never mind the rights and wrongs of this particular case, Poyet is paid by the Albion and it is most definitely NOT in the Albion's interest to have him defending a player the FA consider to be guilty of racism.

Fortunately for Bloom and the club, Liverpool appear to be contesting the verdict as well. If they decided simply to take the 8 game ban and shut up then Gus would be the lone apologist and it would be complete carnage. I'd be surprised if some journo hadn't already tried to get Bloom's take on this.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I appreciate what you are trying to say but do you not agree that Gus is talking about a very sensitive subject in a very clumsy manner? In most jobs, if you send someone out to talk to others you do not send someone who is you know is going to make a bad fist of it. This is what is embarassing to me. As I have said earlier, I think the press are taking advantage of him by asking him. They know they can get cheap copy from him, and they know he will rise to the bait if they rachet up the questions.

Gus is speaking for himself. He is offering his own honest opinion. He is offering it from a context of Uruguayan culture.

There appears to be a lack of recognition and understanding in this.

Likewise - why are you getting embarrassed?

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Let Gus say whatever the f*** he wants. Good on him. And I think the point he is trying to make is right, he just comes across badly sometimes because of the wording he uses and the fact that English isn't his first language.

There's too much sanitised shit in football these days, and I for one love it that we have a Manager who says what he thinks and gives his honest opinion, no matter how sensitive the subject or how offended the "I love to be offended" brigade get. If there were more people like him in the game then it wouldn't be so sterile and dull these days.

Can you imagine Brian Clough being a Manager in modern football!? He'd get lynched.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
All I care about is Gus saying that Palace is MORE important than Saints. Other than that he can say what the f*** he wants.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Have you ever wondered why these things happened in years gone by?wether people like it or not the whites have been the superior race and have moved the world onto the next level.

Slightly off topic but that statement is actually not technically true. Throughout time the most superior races came from the east more or less in the area of China and they were more developed than europe etc and led the way in many things. It is only the last few hundred years where the the western world became more technologically advanced and that was down to a couple of factors. The primary reason was location with the development of ships being able to cross the seas and get more resources. Another reason could be due to the development of glass in the west, for wine, and from that you can make lens for glasses so scientists could see for longer and thus extend their working life inventing things. However with global access to everything now and the larger number of resources available to everyone the east is once again becoming more of a dominant force in the world

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gus is speaking for himself. He is offering his own honest opinion. He is offering it from a context of Uruguayan culture.

There appears to be a lack of recognition and understanding in this.

Likewise - why are you getting embarrassed?

I'm embarrassed because he is the manager of the football club I support. I appreciate he is speaking on behalf of himself and not the club but he is still a high profile employee of the Albion who, in my opinion, is making an arse of himself.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Because the 'white man' has not been enslaved, persecuted, segregated and discriminated against for hundreds of years and because our cultures have developed so many terms to use in abusing black people it's not such a bad thing we protect ethnic minorities in Britain?
The reason for that was that the developed world was technologically more advanced & therefore able to assert the power that brings on less developed areas ( exactly the same way as the Romans conquered most of the world) If you feel guilty about the historic relationship between black & white , tough ,it's already happened . There are hundreds of terms of abuse to all sorts of people for a myriad of reasons so surely you dont need to be an etnic minority to need protection? I think that may be a racist comment in itself!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Slightly off topic but that statement is actually not technically true. Throughout time the most superior races came from the east more or less in the area of China and they were more developed than europe etc and led the way in many things. It is only the last few hundred years where the the western world became more technologically advanced and that was down to a couple of factors. The primary reason was location with the development of ships being able to cross the seas and get more resources. Another reason could be due to the development of glass in the west, for wine, and from that you can make lens for glasses so scientists could see for longer and thus extend their working life inventing things. However with global access to everything now and the larger number of resources available to everyone the east is once again becoming more of a dominant force in the world
Bollocks, it was all about who had the best weaponry, right from the dawn of mankind. The only reason the East is becoming dominant now is sheer weight of numbers. High population = cheap labour=cheap goods= bouyant exports= more income=more power

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I cannot ever imagine Gus Poyet being quiet for long. There is an arrogance about him in that he can never accept that anything he or his team does could be wrong. You see it in Wenger, Ferguson and so many others. He will be successful and despised by many but loved by the fans he brings the glory to. But he won`t shut up.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I was discussing this with a black mate of mine at work today. He thinks the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion and is actually counter-productive in combatting racism. He admits it takes a lot to offend him but what he finds very objectionable is people getting "offended" on other people's/race's/religion's/sexual orientation's behalf. Winds him right up it does. Thankfully he doesn't read NSC.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
wether people like it or not the whites have been the superior race and have moved the world onto the next level.Why should modern day white people be punished for slavery that happened way before our time?

???

Interesting statement.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
I was discussing this with a black mate of mine at work today. He thinks the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion and is actually counter-productive in combatting racism. He admits it takes a lot to offend him but what he finds very objectionable is people getting "offended" on other people's/race's/religion's/sexual orientation's behalf. Winds him right up it does. Thankfully he doesn't read NSC.

My non pink friends feel the same. That it is counter-productive and is actually increasing racial tension.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here