Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus is trending on Twitter again!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I have written a stinking letter to the BBC as I was terribly offended by the total lack of female nominees for Sports Personality of the Year and the fact that they cynically included a token black person in pathetic attempt to make them look 'with it'. They've gone TOO FAR THIS TIME!

Last edited:

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
But hey, I'm sure Gordon Taylor knows a lot more about the subject than someone like John Barnes, who's been the victim of tons of racial abuse!

Yes, so let's just leave the black racially abused people to look after themselves shall we? Why do THEY need any other races minding THEIR business for them, they cannot STAND white people sticking their oar in as if they know wtf they have gone through.

Right, the blacks can just let everyone know what they think from the back of the bus going from master's house to their ghetto, without anyone else starting up from the front of the bus about how it should be.
Get REAL you people. And what's up with the "I know a black person and he doesn't want white people standing up for him and singing his blues" shit?
Someone has to represent against racism, and it really doesn't matter from what race they are.

Can a Pakistani stand up for a Chinaman in Pakistan, are you people saying that would be patronising??

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Yes, so let's just leave the black racially abused people to look after themselves shall we? Why do THEY need any other races minding THEIR business for them, they cannot STAND white people sticking their oar in as if they know wtf they have gone through.

Right, the blacks can just let everyone know what they think from the back of the bus going from master's house to their ghetto, without anyone else starting up from the front of the bus about how it should be.
Get REAL you people. And what's up with the "I know a black person and he doesn't want white people standing up for him and singing his blues" shit?
Someone has to represent against racism, and it really doesn't matter from what race they are.

Can a Pakistani stand up for a Chinaman in Pakistan, are you people saying that would be patronising??

Of course people should stand up for others when they're being abused, not just racially but in any way. But that's totally different from the pathetic hand-wringing and being offended on someone else's behalf without paying any attention to whether they actually have been offended that seems to happen so often in our society these days.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Of course people should stand up for others when they're being abused, not just racially but in any way. But that's totally different from the pathetic hand-wringing and being offended on someone else's behalf without paying any attention to whether they actually have been offended that seems to happen so often in our society these days.

Ah, well that's another thing then, as it doesn't relate to Evra, who by raising the whole issue must have felt rather insulted by Suarez.
Instead of challenging Evra and then telling him HE would be doing the apologizing afterwards, perhaps Suarez should have just said "sorry, didn't know you were offended by me calling you 'negrito' on the day"
Then he could have said it wasn't an intended slur and perhaps been believed and reprieved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here