Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Worried For Next Season?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps I am different to most people but I am sure that something is happening behind the scenes that we will all be pleased with. I am basing this on the fact that Gus has said he wanted his squad assembled sooner rather than later and that Tony Bloom has said he expects promotion this season and the 2 things cannot happen unless there is some movement and everything is too quiet for either to happen at the moment.

Hard to disagree with that TBH...

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
Is there any news on gus signing his new contract yet?thought i heard somewhere it was going to be the end of this week but still nothing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tony / Gus said something about Gus signing in a few days, and that was a few days ago now...

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I feel we need to start signing players or otherwise we will leave it to last minute like always and other teams are signing players and were not .

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I feel we need to start signing players or otherwise we will leave it to last minute like always and other teams are signing players and were not .

No they are not most teams in this division have not done anything yet. The season ended a couple of weeks ago and people are moaning about no action in the market, ffs rushing won't solve anything.

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
Yeah i agree rushing to go out get players just ends up getting the wrong players for stupid money or wages I'm sure gus is in talks with players and agents etc just wish that he would finalise his 4 year deal so we can all relax on that front and look forward to seeing the signings then come rolling in.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I meant some of the teams are signing players and i knoiw gus might be looking at players and i was only saying what i think and i dont want gus to leave it to the last minute thats all and i want him to sign a new deal.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not signing someone by June 6th is hardly "leaving it until the last minute" though. Or anywhere even close to it. There is a difference between signing quality and quantity. Look at King Russell at Orient, he's signed seven players already, but that's because the kind of players/rejects a club like Orient are going to be after will be easy to get. I'd rather we took our time and got some decent players in. Second half of June and the whole of July are the times to do this.
:thumbsup:

Hamman the biggest League One signingBy Alan Swann
Published on Sat Jun 05 08:30:00 BST 2010

POSH manager Gary Johnson has been delighted with his work in the transfer market since the end of last season.

And on paper at least he seems to have signed some quality players. Grant McCann is an established international midfielder, no-one who has seen James Wesolowski play has had a bad word to say about him, Mark Little showed enough at London Road last season to suggest he will be an excellent defender at League One level and Johnson is confident Dave Hibbert will improve his scoring record now he’s surrounded by better players than he had at Shrewsbury.

Johnson has not been the most active manager in the division though. Russell Slade has welcomed seven new players to Brisbane Road - almost a third of all signings made by League One clubs - as he fights to avoid a repeat of last season’s relegation battle.

Dean Cox arrived from Brighton this week as did Fulham right-back Elliot Omozusi who spent time last season on trial at London Road.

MK Dons new manager Karl Robinson - at 29 the youngest boss in the Football League - has also been busy. Robinson, who upset Posh fans with some stupid comments about their club last season, has signed the biggest name as former Liverpool and Manchester City midfielder and German international Dietmar Hamann as joined the Dons as a player-coach.

Goalkeeper David Martin has also swapped life in one of football’s most passionate cities for life in one of the most soulless. He has moved from Anfield to stadium:mk.

Former Posh boss John Still has wasted no time in strengthening his Dagenham & Redbridge squad following promotion to League One. Predictably two of his three new signings have moved from non-league football - Still will be hoping they are more Steve Morison than David Morrison.

Half of the 24 League One clubs have yet to make a move in the transfer market, although there have been some notable departures.

For the second successive season Swindon have been hit by the loss of a major player. They overcome the loss of Simon Cox to West Brom in fine style last season, partly because Billy Paynter managed 29 goals, but he has now gone to help Leeds United’s inevitable battle against relegation from the Championship.

And Rochdale’s first season in League One for 42 years has not been made any easier with the departure of free-scoring Chris Dagnell to Scunthorpe.

Plymouth will miss Jamie Mackie who has stayed in the Championship with QPR and the break-up of Notts County’s League Two title-winning squad started with goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel’s move to Leeds.

LEAGUE ONE SIGNINGS

(As at June 4).

Bournemouth (0).

Brentford (1): Richard Lee (from Watford).

Brighton (0).

Bristol Rovers (1): Harry Pell (Charlton).

Carlisle (1): Sean McDaid (Doncaster).

Charlton (0).

Colchester (0).

Dagenham & Redbridge (3): Gareth Gwilln (Histon), Stuart Lewis (Gillingham), Alex Osborn (Grays).

Exeter (0).

Hartlepool (1): Andy Rafferty (Guisborough).

Huddersfield (2): Joey Gujonsson (Burnley), Scott Arfield (Falkirk).

Leyton Orient (7): Elliott Omazusi (Fulham), Dean Cox (Brighton), Aaron Brown (Aldershot), Terrell Forbes (Yeovil), Lee Butcher (Spurs), Alex Revell (Wycombe), George Porter (Cray Wanderers).

MK Dons (4): Dietmar Hamann (Manchester City), Lewis Guy (Doncaster), Gary MacKenzie (Dundee), David Martin (Liverpool).

Notts County (0).

Oldham (0).

Plymouth (1): Bondz NGala (West Ham).

Posh (4): Grant McCann (Scunthorpe), Mark Little (Wolves), James Wesolowski (Leicester), Dave Hibbert (Shrewsbury).

Rochdale (0).

Sheffield Wednesday (0).

Southampton (0).

Swindon (0).

Tranmere (0).

Walsall (0).

Yeovil (1): Andy Williams (Bristol Rovers).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I dont think we'll make any signings until the end of the month when available players become more realistic in their wage demands knowing they could end up without a club.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm with TCB here, and all of the above ignores the fact that we have signed Painter (excellent) and Brez (Good).

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
is that David Martin (gone to MK Dons) the keeper who started out with us?

looks like some good work from Slade at orient by the way, we know he favours a scattergun approach to signings but of that lot Cox, Revell and Forbes are proven league 1 operators, not sure about the others but no doubt some will be good and some will be terrible judging by his record with us.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm not worried in the slightest after thinking about it. I however shall be worried if we haven't made a few signings by the time our first friendly comes around.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that things will move after the world cup and before people take the piss about us signing world cup starts let me explain.

After the World Cup the big 4 will sign players this will free up some of their players who will go to clubs like Blackburn, who will then possibly release somebody to a championship side like Sheff Utd or Derby or Coventry which in turn will mean players becoming available lower down the scale so it has a knock on affect all through the league.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That article is wrong, it says we've signed no players, when in fact we have signed one. :)

I'm not worried at all, don't see why anyone would be, but Gus will have to do a lot of business in a relatively short period if he wants to get his whole squad finalised by the start of preseason as I believe he said he wanted, though any manager would have that in an ideal world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here