Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Worried For Next Season?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
no worried,early days,poyet going to sign next few days and hope that the rumours that we have a massive budget,doesnt push the price up for players

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
That article is wrong, it says we've signed no players, when in fact we have signed one. :)

I'm not worried at all, don't see why anyone would be, but Gus will have to do a lot of business in a relatively short period if he wants to get his whole squad finalised by the start of preseason as I believe he said he wanted, though any manager would have that in an ideal world.

Or 2, Painter and Brezovan

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He's not in the article!

I know.

You're fretting that Brighton & Hove Albion is doomed as a club, and that our appalling inertia (at least, the inertia that you believe you see) is the sounding the death knell in a manner Archer and Bellotti could only dream of.

But others (who haven't - quite rightly - paid any real attention to that 'article') are saying that Brezovan is a new signing. However, he was already a Brighton player when he was made his two-year offer.

Painter was, technically, a Swansea City player.

A month ago I started this thread.
Don't worry a number of posters said.

Well where are the quality new signings?

Our strike force in particular looks very weak.

Should I still be worried?
If you have nothing more important in your life to worry about then go ahead. Me - I shall wait until the start of the season and trust the manager and chairman until then before passing judgement.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Yup, it's a worry. Don't get me wrong, we may yet make some great signings, but let's face it, when it comes to disappointing performance in the summer transfer market, this club has form. GP has acknowledged that building the spine of the team has been more challenging than expected.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

To be honest some people are natural worriers, and I think you are one SF.

I think the majority of us are fine. Most players contracts don't expire for another 2 weeks.

Carry on Worrying!:thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You should be worried now, IMHO...

Gus not signed...

We are still at least 5 players light...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Yes, you started this thread a month ago. If you'd started it today, you wouldn't have been ridiculed to the same extent. But in the end, the only major concern this far out is that Poyet is yet to sign.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Relax everyone.

Enjoy the World Cup, with or without England.

Trust in Gus.

He knows what he's doing :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No win situation for Steve Foster, we make a raft of signings over the next few weeks, he looks like a knicker wetter getting them in a twist. We don't sign anyone and Poyet fucks off, he's hardly gonna gloat.

Some ott remarks on this thread imo and the non signing of a contract by Gus that was on the point of being signed over a month ago should set some bells ringing.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
No win situation for Steve Foster, we make a raft of signings over the next few weeks, he looks like a knicker wetter getting them in a twist. We don't sign anyone and Poyet fucks off, he's hardly gonna gloat.

Some ott remarks on this thread imo and the non signing of a contract by Gus that was on the point of being signed over a month ago should set some bells ringing.

Agreed. It may be absolutely nothing to worry about, but then again.......GP has said all along that the time to assess whether Bloom's expectations of promotion are realistic is at the end of the summer once the make up of the squad has been determined. It's beginning to look as though we don't have the financial clout to compete with the front runners - but there is still time.

Agreed. It may be absolutely nothing to worry about, but then again.......GP has said all along that the time to assess whether Bloom's expectations of promotion are realistic is at the end of the summer once the make up of the squad has been determined. It's beginning to look as though we don't have the financial clout to compete with the front runners - but there is still time.

Or Bloom thinks that he is in a poker game & keeping his cards too closely to his chest?
We will be in July soon so how about the club releasing a press release as to the number of first team additional players that we are seeking before the start of the season?

PS nothing wrong with a small cock :)

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Sorry to argue with your depressing attitude but how many players have been signed by League One teams that you are upset that we haven't signed? As I probably said at the time, why not accept that we will sign the players we need and trust Bloom and Poyet.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
On a serious note. I know that some fans are concerned by our lack of signings (which is a fair comment) and I appreciate that I am probably in the minority but I don't think we are too far off from a decent side with the players we already have. 2 or 3 signings and I think we will be there. We don't want to have wholesale team changes where everyone has to get used to playing with each other (imho)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here