Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Worried For Next Season?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So the Albion have made a few signings & some of them have played against the mighty Burgess Hill & Whitehawk.

Only friendlies of course, however, friendlies DO MATTER!!

They build team morale, fitness, partnerships & most importantly confidence.

I went to a couple of friendlies last season and we were woeful. Regrettably, as we all know the performances & results rolled over into the league season, until even the most die hard fan sussed that by Christmas we were useless & changes had to happen.

I really hope that we are not going down the same path. Early days, but the performances & results against the 'creme?' of non league Sussex football have not set other League 1 teams quaking in their boots surely?

It is glaringly obvious that we are still at least 3 quality players away from competitively competing at this level. A decent forward is a priority. For how long can Hart remain as an Albion player & the useless Holroyd has to be shipped out to Mile Oak reserves sooner than later?

Come on Albion, we the fans deserve better than this. We have had to put up with garbage for far too long. The promise land of Falmer is on the horizon & Moses (Gus), needs to rally his troup to leave Egypt (Withdean) imminently to get us there.

Currently, his followers are all scattered around the desert running around in circles on their own!!

I'm reminded of the quote by Arnold Rimmer on Red Dwarf...

"I think that there are many things you can contribute to this debate, but for now I think the best one is silence."

Skills

Aug 4, 2008
Brighton
Lets get one thing straight, friendlies don't matter (especially at the moment). The players are getting towards full fitness and they just need time on the pitch. Our bad start last season was nothing to do with losing in friendlies.

I honestly can't believe you bounced your own thread when it was such a stupid thread to start with. You were moaning in May and every time we don't sign a player for a few days, or apparently lose a friendly, you seem to bounce it to draw attention to yourself and say aren't I clever.

Are you seriously not impressed by our signings so far? We have got:

Poke - Decent back up keeper who has done well at Torquay for last two seasons
Painter - Fantastic on loan for us last season
Greer - Swindon's captain and a key part of their team that got to the play offs
Sparrow - Played a big part in Scunthorpe's survival last season and apparently a very good player at this level
Barnes - Had a good loan spell last season with us and still only 20
Battipiedi & Baz - Unknown to us but I trust Gus in their cases

Yes, we do still need another forward and a left winger (ideally Lua Lua) but our signings so far have been impressive. I am really looking forward to the new season and I can't believe people are so negative.

PLUS Calderon! Lua Lua will sign in the next 48 hours

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Lets get one thing straight, friendlies don't matter (especially at the moment). The players are getting towards full fitness and they just need time on the pitch. Our bad start last season was nothing to do with losing in friendlies.

I honestly can't believe you bounced your own thread when it was such a stupid thread to start with. You were moaning in May and every time we don't sign a player for a few days, or apparently lose a friendly, you seem to bounce it to draw attention to yourself and say aren't I clever.

Are you seriously not impressed by our signings so far? We have got:

Poke - Decent back up keeper who has done well at Torquay for last two seasons
Painter - Fantastic on loan for us last season
Greer - Swindon's captain and a key part of their team that got to the play offs
Sparrow - Played a big part in Scunthorpe's survival last season and apparently a very good player at this level
Barnes - Had a good loan spell last season with us and still only 20
Battipiedi & Baz - Unknown to us but I trust Gus in their cases

Yes, we do still need another forward and a left winger (ideally Lua Lua) but our signings so far have been impressive. I am really looking forward to the new season and I can't believe people are so negative.

Spot on! The 2 players you mention are all that are required now, assuming nobody leaves...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Frankly hilarious bounce.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I think Steve Foster has truly joined the great pantheon of NSC morons alongside Hove Born Inbred and Withdean Wanker

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm reminded of the quote by Arnold Rimmer on Red Dwarf...

"I think that there are many things you can contribute to this debate, but for now I think the best one is silence."

how to use quotes appropriately.................sheer quality :bowdown:

May 22, 2008
I agree. Like Mr Foster I am remain concerned that we havent signed the goalscoring strker that I think we all agree we need.

must say we do need to get this unkown goalscroing strker signed and sealed
soon.
Though i hate to agree with Mr foster we do lack firepower.......GUS did quote that he needs a 25 GOAL a year man.

Lots of names have been posted on NSC last few weeks but still NOTHING.

Nice to read that Ringmer Seagull & Dazzalewis 1968 are in agreement!

Now where are we going to get that 25 goal scoring striker for less than £500,000 from?

Please Gus sign him up quickly so we can spend the next few weeks sitting on the beach, not worrying about losses against non league, non professional players!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Depsite the signings, I am still concerned. Lua Lua and another striker will do nicely.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think it's pretty obvious that Swindon is now a must-win game ... (Haven't seen that yet but given some of the sentiments expressed in this thread it's only a matter of time).

May 22, 2008
Well is this the week we sign our 25 goal man? time is running out and we defo in need of major fire power other wise think steve foster may have been right to worry back in MAY !!1

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Well is this the week we sign our 25 goal man? time is running out and we defo in need of major fire power other wise think steve foster may have been right to worry back in MAY !!1

How can you see we are "defo in need of major fire power"?

And why did you bounce this ridiculous thread? In an attempt to back up this poor point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here