Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Worried For Next Season?

So the Albion have made a few signings & some of them have played against the mighty Burgess Hill & Whitehawk.

Only friendlies of course, however, friendlies DO MATTER!!

They build team morale, fitness, partnerships & most importantly confidence.

I went to a couple of friendlies last season and we were woeful. Regrettably, as we all know the performances & results rolled over into the league season, until even the most die hard fan sussed that by Christmas we were useless & changes had to happen.

I really hope that we are not going down the same path. Early days, but the performances & results against the 'creme?' of non league Sussex football have not set other League 1 teams quaking in their boots surely?

It is glaringly obvious that we are still at least 3 quality players away from competitively competing at this level. A decent forward is a priority. For how long can Hart remain as an Albion player & the useless Holroyd has to be shipped out to Mile Oak reserves sooner than later?

Come on Albion, we the fans deserve better than this. We have had to put up with garbage for far too long. The promise land of Falmer is on the horizon & Moses (Gus), needs to rally his troup to leave Egypt (Withdean) imminently to get us there.

Currently, his followers are all scattered around the desert running around in circles on their own!!

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
So the Albion have made a few signings & some of them have played against the mighty Burgess Hill & Whitehawk.

I went to a couple of friendlies last season and we were woeful. Regrettably, as we all know the performances & results rolled over into the league season, until even the most die hard fan sussed that by Christmas we were useless & changes had to happen.

I really hope that we are not going down the same path. Early days, but the performances & results against the 'creme?' of non league Sussex football have not set other League 1 teams quaking in their boots surely?

It is glaringly obvious that we are still at least 3 quality players away from competitively competing at this level. A decent forward is a priority. For how long can Hart remain as an Albion player & the useless Holroyd has to be shipped out to Mile Oak reserves sooner than later?

Come on Albion, we the fans deserve better than this. We have had to put up with garbage for far too long. The promise land of Falmer is on the horizon & Moses (Gus), needs to rally his troup to leave Egypt (Withdean) imminently to get us there.

Currently, his followers are all scattered around the desert running around in circles on their own!!

Are. You. Mental

Your talking utter shite. That did not take long for the moaners to come out of the woodwork. Let me think, did Leyton Orient not beat Newcastle about 7-1 last pre-season? The smaller games are about trying systems out and getting the team to work on things they could not do during the season, this is a TRAINING game....thats all. the players are training twice a day as i understand it so at this stage a fitness improvement is under way throughout the squad so until another few weeks that is going to be very tough if you throw a game into the mix as well. pre season can be measured as a whole in terms if an excersize and at a training level, but sorry, you FU**ING gripers are off already.......so called fans and experts .....Bo**ocks to all the gripers your are disgrace

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Lets get one thing straight, friendlies don't matter (especially at the moment). The players are getting towards full fitness and they just need time on the pitch. Our bad start last season was nothing to do with losing in friendlies.

I honestly can't believe you bounced your own thread when it was such a stupid thread to start with. You were moaning in May and every time we don't sign a player for a few days, or apparently lose a friendly, you seem to bounce it to draw attention to yourself and say aren't I clever.

Are you seriously not impressed by our signings so far? We have got:

Poke - Decent back up keeper who has done well at Torquay for last two seasons
Painter - Fantastic on loan for us last season
Greer - Swindon's captain and a key part of their team that got to the play offs
Sparrow - Played a big part in Scunthorpe's survival last season and apparently a very good player at this level
Barnes - Had a good loan spell last season with us and still only 20
Battipiedi & Baz - Unknown to us but I trust Gus in their cases

Yes, we do still need another forward and a left winger (ideally Lua Lua) but our signings so far have been impressive. I am really looking forward to the new season and I can't believe people are so negative.

Lets get one thing straight, friendlies don't matter (especially at the moment). The players are getting towards full fitness and they just need time on the pitch. Our bad start last season was nothing to do with losing in friendlies.

I honestly can't believe you bounced your own thread when it was such a stupid thread to start with. You were moaning in May and every time we don't sign a player for a few days, or apparently lose a friendly, you seem to bounce it to draw attention to yourself and say aren't I clever.

Are you seriously not impressed by our signings so far? We have got:

Poke - Decent back up keeper who has done well at Torquay for last two seasons
Painter - Fantastic on loan for us last season
Greer - Swindon's captain and a key part of their team that got to the play offs
Sparrow - Played a big part in Scunthorpe's survival last season and apparently a very good player at this level
Barnes - Had a good loan spell last season with us and still only 20
Battipiedi & Baz - Unknown to us but I trust Gus in their cases

Yes, we do still need another forward and a left winger (ideally Lua Lua) but our signings so far have been impressive. I am really looking forward to the new season and I can't believe people are so negative.

Never thought i would say this but..........THIS! :clap2:

Your talking utter shite. That did not take long for the moaners to come out of the woodwork. Let me think, did Leyton Orient not beat Newcastle about 7-1 last pre-season? The smaller games are about trying systems out and getting the team to work on things they could not do during the season, this is a TRAINING game....thats all. the players are training twice a day as i understand it so at this stage a fitness improvement is under way throughout the squad so until another few weeks that is going to be very tough if you throw a game into the mix as well. pre season can be measured as a whole in terms if an excersize and at a training level, but sorry, you FU**ING gripers are off already.......so called fans and experts .....Bo**ocks to all the gripers your are disgrace

All well & good,
however...................
It's surely the same for the opposition isn't it?
They are trying out new systems & building team work as well?
Or is it just a case that the Albion are different........every pre-season to every one else??

NO.............YOUR MISSING THE POINT> THE RESULT DOES NOT MATTER, Even if we had won 3-1............based on your moaning, please explain the Leyton Orient v Newcastle united result last year in pre-season. Just stop Fu**ing moaning.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Is 'Steve Foster' the bastard lovechild of WW and Badger ?

What annoys me even more is that i have to pay to go to games and listen to that s**t live at every game, i am off to portugal on monday to SUPPORT The Albion, lets hope i do not hear any of them over there

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What annoys me even more is that i have to pay to go to games and listen to that s**t live at every game, i am off to portugal on monday to SUPPORT The Albion, lets hope i do not hear any of them over there

The irony is that if we were to beat Sunderland, a lot of the same people will be getting carried away and saying we will win the league by ten points. People are obviously entitled to their opinions but when they constantly moan before the seasons even started it gets a bit boring.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good god 7.30 and you have nothing better to do than have a moan, somebody needs a look at themselves

It all so tiresome. The trouble is, me being a little guilty of this too, is that Forums just turn into a microscope to study every little thing that concerns BHA. Years ago, this kind of result would be insignificant but nowadays everything is an 'issue'. Finding it a bit hideous to be honest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Although friendly results don't appear to matter, I think you'll find that our best seasons mostly followed reasonably successful pre-season results.

It's a long time ago now but I remember as a third division team turning over teams from one and two divisions above us and not even playing non league opposition pre season. We then went onto a couple of promotions and ended up in the top tier having been near the top of the division we were in for about 4 seasons.

A good full strength Laegue 1 side should beat non league teams out of sight, so fitness levels or not we are some way from the finished article which means we may well have a sticky start to the season. I just hope as fans that we show a little patience as long as the team are trying and the quality of football we are playing shows some pattern and plan.

I honestly don't go along with the pre-season results don't matter, winning or losing is a habit.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The irony is that if we were to beat Sunderland, a lot of the same people will be getting carried away and saying we will win the league by ten points. People are obviously entitled to their opinions but when they constantly moan before the seasons even started it gets a bit boring.
Agreed. It's the bi-polar nature of football fans; everything's either disasterously shit or fantastically brilliant.

I wonder if anybody thinks we've signed too many players (rather than not enough)? 'Time to gell' and all that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I honestly don't go along with the pre-season results don't matter, winning or losing is a habit.

Leyton Orient 7 - 1 Newcastle - explain to me how that result mattered in any way.

I agree that towards the END of pre-season it would be good to see a couple of results but yesterday really was a training exercise for 22 Albion players. The result DID. NOT. MATTER.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It all so tiresome. The trouble is, me being a little guilty of this too, is that Forums just turn into a microscope to study every little thing that concerns BHA. Years ago, this kind of result would be insignificant but nowadays everything is an 'issue'. Finding it a bit hideous to be honest.

This is a brilliant post and everyone should remember this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is 'Steve Foster' the bastard lovechild of WW and Badger ?

Unfair. WW is relentlessly negative, and TCB is a wind-up merchant, but neither of them have an AGENDA, like 'Steve Foster', or indeed, his myopic political / religious views.

'Steve Foster' would be the bastard lovechild of Bhadebs and BUBA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here