Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Worried For Next Season?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Not really we already have one he is called Glenn Murray. Look at his record and if he can avoid stupid suspensions he can be that striker. This thread is a joke

I do have to agree. And also there is the view that perhaps teams at the top have goalscoring strikers because the TEAM is playing well and providing them with chances to take? I do agree we need another striker, but I'm more than happy with the way things are shaping up. Things are much more dependent on the players picking up the passing game that Gus wants to play than signing "the magical player who can score a goal every other game"...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Things are much more dependent on the players picking up the passing game that Gus wants to play than signing "the magical player who can score a goal every other game"...

Agreed. I think people are focusing too much on the value/ability of each player in their own right rather than the fact they're playing in a team managed by Gus Poyet, which I believe can and will make a big difference.

May 22, 2008
In the cold light of Day and lack of new players Did STEVE FOSTER
have a crystal ball ?? back in may

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

:facepalm:

We've signed Brez, Painter, Sparrow, Baz, Greer, Battipiedi, Barnes, Kish, Poke, Ankergren since the end of last season.

I'd scarcely call ten new players signing nobody.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

If you read the opening post again doesn't it state he is worried about the manager not even signing his 4 year deal?

Now unless I dreamt it, Poyet signed that a while ago, so Steve Fosters crystal ball is a bit sh*t.

We have 4 points from the opening 6, which if our keeper hadn't flapped at in the last minute, we would have all 6. We out played Rochdale with 10 men for most of the 2nd half, so no I am not worried.

Yes we still need a couple of signings, but like Poyet said, he will only sign the perfect players, not just anyone.... ala Mr Adams on his 2nd spell.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Much like Painter, Calde was a temporary signing who was subsequently made permanent, so yes, I'd count him as a new signing for the club.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Much like Painter, Calde was a temporary signing who was subsequently made permanent, so yes, I'd count him as a new signing for the club.

I thought Painter was on loan from Swansea while Calde was a free agent - which club was he on loan from?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought Painter was on loan from Swansea while Calde was a free agent - which club was he on loan from?

Calde was indeed a free agent. The main point is, both were initially on deals until the end of the season, and both of them ended up as permanant signings.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
.... has to be said I'm starting to get worried about NEXT season mind :S

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm sure mr Foster is worried about how we'll fill falmer when we can't fill Withers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here