Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Worried For Next Season?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
So Cox leaves the club yesterday & good luck at Orient. Right move for him.
It's June & the manager hasn't signed his contract and we are in transfer talks to buy which quality players next season..........?

Firstly, Cox is no lose.

Secondly, The manager already HAS a contract. The talk is of extending it. Which is being discussed. :US:

But I will give you one thing it is now June and isn't the weather lovely!? :rolleyes:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So Cox leaves the club yesterday & good luck at Orient. Right move for him.
It's June & the manager hasn't signed his contract and we are in transfer talks to buy which quality players next season..........?

go away

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Yes, we are not yet in June, however,.....

This pre-season is beginning to look like the last two.
Some high quality exits & little activity on bringing in new quality players.

Haven't the club learnt from the last two years?
Leaving signings to the last minute is a gamble & we were fighting relegation for the first 2/3rds of the previous seasons!!

This time around even our manager has yet to sign his contract too!

I am not pessimistic, however, am becoming agitated & concerned.

Paranoia setting in or not?

What do you think?

Negative twat aren't you

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not panicking or anything, but it would be nice to see some positive news......all that seems to have happened so far is that we've lost Crofts and Calderon (and Kuipers for that matter).
It was good to see Gus show clearly that he wasn't going to be messed around by players and their agents - but I just rather wish he'd made his point with someone other than Calderon, the best right back we'vs seen at the Albion for what, twenty years?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So on a scale of 1 to 10 (if 10) is 100% confident that we will get promotion next season & 1, having zero chance - where would you rate the Albion on 3rd June 2010, given our current squad.

3.5 by me

with our present squad I think you are being optomistic with 3.5, but come 1st August we will not have only the current players, there will be a number of additions, I am sure.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not worried. I'm enjoying the cricket.

Football starts in the middle of August for me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am amazed at being called over optimistic!
Most folk think that I am NSC doomonger!!!

I only said that because I think the squad at the moment would struggle at the wrong end of the table but with a few additions that would change and imho we would be able to challenge for promotion. I am convinced those additions will arrive very soon.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
sup·port (sə-pôrtˈ, -pōrtˈ)
transitive verb sup·port·ed, supporting sup·port·ing, sup·ports

1. To bear the weight of, especially from below.
2. To hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking, or slipping.
3. To be capable of bearing; withstand: “His flaw'd heart . . . too weak the conflict to support” (Shakespeare).
4. To keep from weakening or failing; strengthen: The letter supported him in his grief.
5. To provide for or maintain, by supplying with money or necessities.
6. To furnish corroborating evidence for: New facts supported her story.
a. To aid the cause, policy, or interests of: supported her in her election campaign.
b. To argue in favor of; advocate: supported lower taxes.
8. To endure; tolerate: “At supper there was such a conflux of company that I could scarcely support the tumult” (Samuel Johnson).
9. To act in a secondary or subordinate role to (a leading performer).

noun

a. The act of supporting.
b. The state of being supported.
2. One that supports.
3. Maintenance, as of a family, with the necessities of life.

moan (mōn)

noun

1. Archaic a complaint; lamentation
2. a low, mournful sound of sorrow or pain
3. any sound like this: the moan of the wind

Origin: ME mone, prob. < base of OE mænan, to complain: see mean

intransitive verb

1. to utter a moan or moans
2. to complain, lament, grieve, etc.

transitive verb

1. to say with a moan
2. to complain about; bewail: to moan one's fate

Now judging by these definitions I think there is now a real case for starting up a Moaners Forum.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Not panicking or anything, but it would be nice to see some positive news......all that seems to have happened so far is that we've lost Crofts and Calderon (and Kuipers for that matter).
It was good to see Gus show clearly that he wasn't going to be messed around by players and their agents - but I just rather wish he'd made his point with someone other than Calderon, the best right back we'vs seen at the Albion for what, twenty years?

you've missed the fact that we've signed the best left back we've had at the club for a large number of years.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
you've missed the fact that we've signed the best left back we've had at the club for a large number of years.
You're right - tell me more! Have we made Painter's loan move permanent - and is he THAT good? Did a job last season, but....................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps I am different to most people but I am sure that something is happening behind the scenes that we will all be pleased with. I am basing this on the fact that Gus has said he wanted his squad assembled sooner rather than later and that Tony Bloom has said he expects promotion this season and the 2 things cannot happen unless there is some movement and everything is too quiet for either to happen at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here