Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Worried For Next Season?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's all a bit early to be worrying about next season, We've got a world cup to enjoy first.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
what a ridiculous thread, season is not even over and we have signed two players already.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I think you're right Steve.Lets all get a charabanc to Beachy Head and hurl ourselves lemming like into the sea.No more worries about Falmer tickets,wot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Couldn't be much less worried about the Albion at the moment. It's MAY.

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
far too early to really tell how the pre season ie signings are going to pan out

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Yes, we are not yet in June, however,.....

This pre-season is beginning to look like the last two.
Some high quality exits & little activity on bringing in new quality players.

Haven't the club learnt from the last two years?
Leaving signings to the last minute is a gamble & we were fighting relegation for the first 2/3rds of the previous seasons!!

This time around even our manager has yet to sign his contract too!

I am not pessimistic, however, am becoming agitated & concerned.

Paranoia setting in or not?

What do you think?

Not worried,but there is a little niggle at the back of my brain about the lowering of expectations for next season.Is this purely 'tactical' or are we going to enter next season slightly underwhelmed by our signings?
Far too early to worry,but it will be good to hear of some substantial signings in the next few weeks!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004

Leaving signings to the last minute is a gamble & we were fighting relegation for the first 2/3rds of the previous seasons!!

What do you think?[/QUOT

if someone gave you 1 millon pounds you would moan you tits off it was not 2 millon.Ffs just chill

And...................Murray off to Huddersfield, perhaps?

Don't worry folks the pathetic Holroyd & crocked Hart will see us scoring all those much needed goals to mount a promotion challenge?

If this is all that we are left with up front, then it will definitely be the worst front line up
ever!!.

Still, in Gus we trust?.............to sign two new forwards, at least two midfielders & a goal keeper & oh er to sign his contract.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

What do you think?

And...................Murray off to Huddersfield, perhaps?

Don't worry folks the pathetic Holroyd & crocked Hart will see us scoring all those much needed goals to mount a promotion challenge?

If this is all that we are left with up front, then it will definitely be the worst front line up
ever!!.

Still, in Gus we trust?.............to sign two new forwards, at least two midfielders & a goal keeper & oh er to sign his contract.

Comedy genius. :bowdown:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

What do you think?

Reckon it'll be yet another season of revolving doors, with Poyet flouncing out of the club before the January transfer window - and just before being sacked by Bloom for being in the lower half of the table.

Might as well not have have bothered trying to start to build a decent longer-lasting side from scratch this season, cos the good players (Calderon, Crofts) are being snapped up on the cheap by rivals while the shit players (Holroyd, Elphick, El-abd) are still here. Bloom's already using the 'time to gel' cliche, but lets see how much patience he has in the Autumn ???

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Reckon it'll be yet another season of revolving doors, with Poyet flouncing out of the club before the January transfer window - and just before being sacked by Bloom for being in the lower half of the table.

Might as well not have have bothered trying to start to build a decent longer-lasting side from scratch this season, cos the good players (Calderon, Crofts) are being snapped up on the cheap by rivals while the shit players (Holroyd, Elphick, El-abd) are still here. Bloom's already using the 'time to gel' cliche, but lets see how much patience he has in the Autumn ???

Aren't you optimistic....:tosser:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Oh do behave. It's May & Gus & TB will have their targets but will not be held to ransom. Anyone who is not full of optimism & enthusiasm for next season with the club being run better than it ever has been is simply a grumpy twat.
We have the best young manager around who is proving he has balls of steel & a chairman who actually supports the club every possible way & they will make a team to challenge every other in this league.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not like you to talk nonsense Tom.

Not nonsense dougdeep. How long have these mugs been professional footballers? How come this is the first season they've been made to try and do anything other than clear their lines in a brainless way. Fair plays to Poyet for that, but are these the players we're relying on for a big push to the Championship? Sincerely hope not. Take a look at this season's Albion DVD Part I if you don't believe me. Smith got all the flak, but these kiddies gave him no cover whatsoever. Watch the away goals on that DVD. Elphick and El-Abd should be out on their ear with Virgo. Just won't do :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here