Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Worried For Next Season?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The cognoscenti are NEVER wrong. But you keeping on trusting in dear old Gus, there's a good happy-clapper :clap:

Considering GUS got us in top 4-5 form via spending no money in the January transfer window, he also got the people you call donkeys playing like BEASTS ect ect I think I have a lot more reasons to believe in Gus as opposed to being gloom merchants. Give it a rest seriously, its may and people are worrying already, 2 MONTHS until the season starts, 2 Months ffs.

Considering GUS got us in top 4-5 form via spending no money in the January transfer window, he also got the people you call donkeys playing like BEASTS ect ect I think I have a lot more reasons to believe in Gus as opposed to being gloom merchants. Give it a rest seriously, its may and people are worrying already, 2 MONTHS until the season starts, 2 Months ffs.

Sorry this ostrich view prevailed last year & the previous season and we have been utter pants.

Yes it's May, however, next week is June.
The world cup is round the corner & all eyes will be abroad. The finish of the world cup & what 2 weeks or so & the football season recomences.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Yes, we are not yet in June, however,.....

This pre-season is beginning to look like the last two.
Some high quality exits & little activity on bringing in new quality players.

Haven't the club learnt from the last two years?
Leaving signings to the last minute is a gamble & we were fighting relegation for the first 2/3rds of the previous seasons!!

This time around even our manager has yet to sign his contract too!

I am not pessimistic, however, am becoming agitated & concerned.

Paranoia setting in or not?

What do you think?

Why dont you just go away for the summer and come back August 1st !
Ok..HIGH QUALITY exits ?? ..Calderon and Croft ..good , but not high quality exits.
Dont think its anything about 'havnt the club learnt anything about the last two years'.... its a new regime ! Do you really think that Gus and Tanno give one thought about the last two years ?
They know EXACTLY what they are doing.... do you think they are stupid enough to let players leave the club, if they havnt got replacements lined up ??
For gods sake, there is so much about the running of a club between chairman, manager and players that we dont, and shouldnt, have any idea of what goes on......isnt that the excitement ??
YES..you are totally paranoid... Its MAY for gods sake.....everyones on holiday .
Go and have one as well !

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sorry this ostrich view prevailed last year & the previous season and we have been utter pants.

The world cup is round the corner & all eyes will be abroad. The finish of the world cup & what 2 weeks or so & the football season recomences.

You really are a miserable sod, aren't you? Why not give Poyet a chance to bring in some decent players (he did a pretty good job in January with a lot less time) rather than moaning constantly in May? Do you seriously think that Poyet will spend June and July watching the World Cup and not trying to sign players? I trust Poyet, if he leaves or we haven't signed many players by the end of July then things might be different but in the meantime will the idiots on here stop starting at least one new thread on here every day saying how we are doomed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Reckon it'll be yet another season of revolving doors, with Poyet flouncing out of the club before the January transfer window - and just before being sacked by Bloom for being in the lower half of the table.

Please put your money where your mouth is, or are you just talking controversial bollocks as per?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Yes you are right and we are wrong.

Chelsea, United and Arsenal have not made any signings either, nor have Real or Barcelona.

Clearly all of them are also CERTS FOR THE DROP

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Do you really think that because the world cup is on a league 1 club won't get on with signing players!?! You might want to check out todays Argus as well.

Chelsea, United and Arsenal have not made any signings either, nor have Real or Barcelona.

don't mean to shit on your argument but Villa @ Barca, Chamkah @ Arsenal and the Mexican dude @ Man Utd

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The finish of the world cup & what 2 weeks or so & the football season recomences.

In 2 weeks the players, that are now on holiday and not under contract start looking for work and new clubs and those with clubs go back for pre season training, that is when the real work starts not the last week in May.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Watching the Millwall v Swindon game & you look at both teams strike force & the number of goals that they have scored this season .......... & then look at our frontman/frontmen?

And neither of these teams finished in the top 2!!!

The season is 2 months away you f***ing fruitcake, plenty of time to find some good players. Gus has already proven he has an eye for talent with the likes of Painter/Calderon/Lua Lua. I can't believe I'm reading stuff like this in may, come back in July and I might take you more seriously. Perhaps you should phone the doc and get some happy pills?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

:lolol::lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Interesting to read in today's Argus that Gus IS in a hurry to build his squad for next season EARLY.

Feeling less worried now! Squads are built in June/July, not in August.

I bet you're also pissed off that you now have the problem of thinking up the next thing you want to moan about.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Interesting to read in today's Argus that Gus IS in a hurry to build his squad for next season EARLY.

Feeling less worried now! Squads are built in June/July, not in August.

Wake up some of you posters!!!!

:wozza: Thanks for agreeing with what we have all been telling you.

So Cox leaves the club yesterday & good luck at Orient. Right move for him.
It's June & the manager hasn't signed his contract and we are in transfer talks to buy which quality players next season..........?
Can you please change your username to Latter day Steve Foster as you have his Purdew era propensity to spout complete and utter bollocks down pat - but you are vitally missing the football legend part? Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here