Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the benefit of our Southampton supporting member....

It's the new wave of stadium design. I actually like SMS comparing to some of these. The completely symetrical bowl actually gives a quality noise cauldron. The design of the stadium gives the maximum amount of seats for the given size of the plot.

Football%20stadium%20036.jpg

The design may give the maximum amount of seats for the given size of plot, but also due to the design you will never get full capacity gates for league and cup games.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Is St Mary's the only ground in the league with it's very own gargoyle ?

50bates452021full.jpg

Fair point because of the separating black thing they put down. It's only a few hundred seats though.

It has always baffled me why stadium designers don't take this into consideration, after all the home club will lose money over this design flaw.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Is St Mary's the only ground in the league with it's very own gargoyle ?

50bates452021full.jpg

ted_bates.jpg

That statue was up for a day and still causes many a laugh. If you look at the improvement it makes you wonder why the hell they made the first one like that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No it wasnt. The Dell had far better character, if a little small for our needs.
... and at least we got a new ground before knocking down our old one. :lolol:
(cue barrage)

You can't be a genuine football fan if you feel the need to laugh at what happened to us with the Goldstone. Once again you come accross clueless. Your ignorance is very symbollic of a number of SCC fabs though so i'm glad you highlight it regularly on here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ted_bates.jpg

That statue was up for a day and still causes many a laugh. If you look at the improvement it makes you wonder why the hell they made the first one like that.

I'm still not sure a statue of someone running for a bus is that much of an improvement though, to be fair.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You can't be a genuine football fan if you feel the need to laugh at what happened to us with the Goldstone. Once again you come accross clueless. Your ignorance is very symbollic of a number of SCC fabs though so i'm glad you highlight it regularly on here.

Don't be so sensitive, its only BANTER.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

Sheebo are you female by any chance, or perhaps your that guy on Youtube - "Leave Britney alone"

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Just seen this thread. Bit wanky isn't it and why the f*** we focusing on Saints.

Yes it is a bowl but lets not get all exclusive, our stadium is nice but aside from the west it is pretty standard on 3 sides.

Anyway , our stadium is brilliant and Saints is pretty good. The noise they got in there was good and it is a decent size so who really cares. Its the souless bowls that deserve more slagging off.

We shouldnt be all high and mighty , we will come across as a right bunch of c ts considering what we've been through

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Last edited:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Just seen this thread. Bit wanky isn't it and why the f*** we focusing on Saints.

Yes it is a bowl but lets not get all exclusive, our stadium is nice but aside from the west it is pretty standard on 3 sides.

Anyway , our stadium is brilliant and Saints is pretty good. The noise they got in there was good and it is a decent size so who really cares. Its the souless bowls that deserve more slagging off.

We shouldnt be all high and mighty , we will come across as a right bunch of c ts considering what we've been through

and I cant believe Palace & Pompey have escaped critisism considering their grounds and lack of chance of upgrading them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here