Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the benefit of our Southampton supporting member....

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Exactly. Southampton have had league gates of 14,000 two or three times in the past couple of seasons. Does that mean that they should have stayed at The Dell then?

I find it laughable that we're apparently on a different planet because Withdean doesn't fill up. A soulless, expensive, running track environment with no cover or atmosphere where you can't even buy tickets on the day, thereby eliminating several thousand in potential "walk up" trade. And in any case, despite all that, Withdean is largely full up these days anyhow. Not much you can do about 700 empty seats in the away end and the fact that isolated single-seats don't get bought.

Fans are fans Sim and should go to games whatever the quality of ground. I reckon there will be a lot of outer supporters who will suddenly want to go to your new ground. However these are the kind of people who will go to a max of ten games per season. If there are ten thousand of these kinds of people, that an average of an extra 2 thousand per game.

No team can ever expect their gates to go up 250% when their current ground hasnt been fans fighting for tickets to get in - however bad their current ground is.

When you think about it it makes sence. State of denial maybe ????

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What part of "estimated season ticket sales circa 15K" are you not comprehending redneb?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Fans are fans Sim and should go to games whatever the quality of ground. I reckon there will be a lot of outer supporters who will suddenly want to go to your new ground. However these are the kind of people who will go to a max of ten games per season. If there are ten thousand of these kinds of people, that an average of an extra 2 thousand per game.

No team can ever expect their gates to go up 250% when their current ground hasnt been fans fighting for tickets to get in - however bad their current ground is.

When you think about it it makes sence. State of denial maybe ????
Have you not been to or ever seen Withdean, or pictures of it?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Not wishing to piss all over everyones chips but the boys got a point. A 66% increase is as good as has been done in the football league. Of course, flogging all the ST's is possible but I'll believe it when I see it.

Average attendances, old and new

Cardiff City — Ninian Park, 2008-09 (Championship): 18,044; Cardiff City Stadium, 2009-10 so far (Championship): 21,056.

Relocation distance: 0.6 miles

Increase: 16.7-per-cent

Colchester United — Layer Road, 2007-08 (Championship): 5,509; Weston Homes Community Stadium, 2008-09 (League One): 5,084.

Relocation distance: 6.7 miles

Fall: 7.7-per-cent

Coventry City — Highfield Road, 2004-05 (Championship): 16,048; Ricoh Arena, 2005-06 (Championship): 21,302.

Relocation distance: 3 miles

Increase: 31.1-per-cent

Darlington — Feethams, 2002-03 (League Two): 3,312; Darlington Arena, 2003-04 (League Two): 5,023.

Relocation distance: 1.1 miles

Increase: 51.7-per-cent

Doncaster Rovers * — Belle Vue, 2005-06 (League One): 6,139; Keepmoat Stadium, 2006-07 (League One): 7,746.

Relocation distance: 2.9 miles

Increase: 26.2-per-cent

Hull City ** — Boothferry Park, 2002-03 (League Two): 12,843; KC Stadium, 2003-04 (League Two): 16,847.

Relocation distance: 2 miles

Increase: 31.2-per-cent

Leicester City *** — Filbert Street, 2001-02 (Premier League): 19,835; Walkers Stadium, 2002-03 (Championship): 29,219.

Relocation distance: 0.1 miles

Increase: 47.3-per-cent

Shrewsbury Town — Gay Meadow, 2006-07 (League Two): 4,730; Prostar Stadium, 2007-08 (League Two): 5,659.

Relocation distance: 1.8 miles

Increase: 19.6-per-cent

Swansea City — Vetch Field, 2004-05 (League Two): 8,458; Liberty Stadium, 2005-06 (League One): 14,112.

Relocation distance: 3.1 miles

Increase: 66.8-per-cent

* Doncaster moved to the Keepmoat in the latter half of the 2006-07 season.

** Hull City moved to the KC Stadium halfway through the 2002-03 season.

*** Leicester played their first game of the 2002-03 season at Filbert Street.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It takes a special kind of mong to be outflanked by sheebo, but my own brother seems to have done it. :blush:

Oi nobby i'm actually bloody intelligent - I just don't always come accross like I am :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What f***ing planet are you lot on!!! You havent been able to fill a ground of 7 or 8 thousand capacity. And before that when you did have a ground that had a capacity of about 15k, you still never got over 10k (even in Div 2 and 3). To think your suddenly going to get 16k is ridiculous.

Fair play if you do get that much - it would be a phenominal achievement. But to expect it is ridiculous.

I thought we were supposed to be the ones up their own arses.

In all seriousness Ben I've been to 2 seperate presentations on the Amex - we really will sell ALL our 15k Season Tickets. Plus we've sold 2.5k 1901 club. Have to leave 2.5k for away fans = Very few on general sale. Richard Hebberd said there will only be 900 on general sale if we sell all the ST.

It matters not one bit what div we're in - Falmer's gonna be sold out every league game that 1st season. So so many people have said they want STs who I know it's unreal. I do actually think our average will be similar to yours next season, if we're both in lg 1.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I am so saving this thread ....

ok, then "go sister..."

On the basis of the original intention it should serve a reminder that you were talking bollocks about stadium design.

I'm not particular interested in how may lemons you can fit into a tupperware box.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
ok, then "go sister..."

On the basis of the original intention it should serve a reminder that you were talking bollocks about stadium design.

I'm not particular interested in how may lemons you can fit into a tupperware box.

Thanks for starting the thread - you've helped me make an easy score :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah you've sold me there. Presentations by whom I wonder.

You will be eating every word in a few months and be posting me that cheque. Trust me the presentations sold me - their research suggests the STs will sell out. Trust me - you're wrong and I'm right. Me - Brighton. You - Southampton. Who's better? BRIGHTON in all areas (incl the lg at the mo) :)

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
You will be eating every word in a few months and be posting me that cheque. Trust me the presentations sold me - their research suggests the STs will sell out. Trust me - you're wrong and I'm right. Me - Brighton. You - Southampton. Who's better? BRIGHTON in all areas (incl the lg at the mo) :)

Again, not really persuasive evidence there.

I just don't believe that there are more genuine Brighton fans who cant be arsed to go to Withdean but will go to Falmer than there are fans who currently go to Withdean.

This argument is boring me.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Again, not really persuasive evidence there.

I just don't believe that there are more genuine Brighton fans who cant be arsed to go to Withdean but will go to Falmer than there are fans who currently go to Withdean.

This argument is boring me.

Back to the original thread ?

Care to comment on your belief that only smaller clubs can "afford" to have nice looking stadium.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Back to the original thread ?

Care to comment on your belief that only smaller clubs can "afford" to have nice looking stadium.

This again. Looking below you can see our design facilitates more seats for the amount of land there. No gaps you see.

attachment.php

Football%20stadium%20036.jpg

This again. Looking below you can see our design facilitates more seats for the amount of land there. No gaps you see.

attachment.php

Football%20stadium%20036.jpg

We have gaps at Falmer but in theory will be able to have full capacity gates for league and cup games, Southampton as I pointed out in post 103, cannot.

The design of Saint Mary's may give the maximum amount of seats for the given size of plot, but also due to the design you will never get full capacity gates for league and cup games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here