Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the benefit of our Southampton supporting member....

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
That cant be fair Sheebo, Your nailed on to win this one!

TBH I cant see it dipping below 17k

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It takes a special kind of mong to be outflanked by sheebo, but my own brother seems to have done it. :blush:

f***ing hell. 12,000 next season. :lolol: Our average attendance next season will be 16,000 at the absolute lowest and I wouldn't be surprised to find that we'll have more season ticket holders than Southampton will have.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
17-19k I think we'll take. If we're doing well in the Championship (big ask I know) we'll be selling out.
You know, people like to talk about the league position as if it's going to make or break our gates.

I simply don't think this is the case. People will watch football locally whether league one or Championship as long as it's reasonably priced and the facilities are good enough. Not only are facilities top notch and prices competitive, but you can pay monthly on direct debit. In my opinion, these are the facts that will make our gates high, along with the extensive links in the local community that simply never existed before the Gillingham exile.

The quality of football will make a difference but this is a large(ish) city, not Wigan, and I don't think there are that many people who are saying "I'm not watching Albion until they're in the next division". Or more to the point, it's a non-issue because the ground will be full long before these people need to be courted for their custom.

If Hull could average 20,000 for their first season (bottom division), then so can we. 12,000 is complete and utter bollocks and that is a fact.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Simster - do you think we need to worry about the "lost generations" ?
They will be a loss, but in my opinion the Albion are counteracting this with an incredible effort at enticing a new army of supporters.

I am still flabbergasted that if you sign up your kids to Gully's Gang, you get free tickets to Withdean matches, an official Albion shirt on the kid's 7th birthday (£30 worth!) and a whole bunch of other bits of kit including bags, keyrings, discount vouchers, autographed photos, and other stuff. And this is all free. What they give away to kids FOR FREE would retail at well over £100.

So they've lost a generation of support, BUT the generation before that (my generation) are having kids now and the club is doing a fine job of ensuring that new generation is being picked up. There are something like 12,000 kids in Gully's Gang which is *very* impressive.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't be surprised to find that we'll have more season ticket holders than Southampton will have.

What f***ing planet are you lot on!!! You havent been able to fill a ground of 7 or 8 thousand capacity. And before that when you did have a ground that had a capacity of about 15k, you still never got over 10k (even in Div 2 and 3). To think your suddenly going to get 16k is ridiculous.

Fair play if you do get that much - it would be a phenominal achievement. But to expect it is ridiculous.

I thought we were supposed to be the ones up their own arses.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I am so saving this thread in my favourites to refer to once the novelty factor has worn off the Amex.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What f***ing planet are you lot on!!! You havent been able to fill a ground of 7 or 8 thousand capacity. And before that when you did have a ground that had a capacity of about 15k, you still never got over 10k (even in Div 2 and 3). To think your suddenly going to get 16k is ridiculous.

Fair play if you do get that much - it would be a phenominal achievement. But to expect it is ridiculous.

I thought we were supposed to be the ones up their own arses.

What price would you lay about Brighton getting a bigger average attendance next season than Southampton?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can you not just piss off back to your own noddy messageboard Ben?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
What price would you lay about Brighton getting a bigger average attendance next season than Southampton?

Your not serious. Our average gate the last 2 seasons (in league 1) have been not far short of your capacity.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A nice non specific time. :thumbsup:
Exactly. Southampton have had league gates of 14,000 two or three times in the past couple of seasons. Does that mean that they should have stayed at The Dell then?

I find it laughable that we're apparently on a different planet because Withdean doesn't fill up. A soulless, expensive, running track environment with no cover or atmosphere where you can't even buy tickets on the day, thereby eliminating several thousand in potential "walk up" trade. And in any case, despite all that, Withdean is largely full up these days anyhow. Not much you can do about 700 empty seats in the away end and the fact that isolated single-seats don't get bought.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I reckon that Simster pushed Neb out the pram and Neb landed head first, does explain a lot if true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here