Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the benefit of our Southampton supporting member....

Yoda

English & European
It's the new wave of stadium design.
Football%20stadium%20036.jpg

Really? Could've sworn I saw the same sort of thing built about the same time 10-15 years ago.

Now where was it again?
walkerswallpaper1_1024.jpg

18-1.jpg

derby_aerial2.jpg

sunderland_aerial2.jpg

All copying:
old_trafford_1994_2.gif

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
haha MERKED

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
It's only banter!!

Rednob! you patcham paedo cock sucking nob head!!

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Really? Could've sworn I saw the same sort of thing built about the same time 10-15 years ago.

Now where was it again?
walkerswallpaper1_1024.jpg

18-1.jpg

derby_aerial2.jpg

sunderland_aerial2.jpg

All copying:
old_trafford_1994_2.gif

Perhaps you should read my posts carefully before replying to them. By new wave I was responding to the previous post referring to all the more recent stadiums (falmer included) as having wavy roofs. :facepalm:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
It's only banter!!

Rednob! you patcham paedo cock sucking nob head!!

Arent you supposed to be dead Elvis? Rednob huh ? That reminds me of the last time I rammed it up your sisters arse.

(Just banter of course)

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Football%20stadium%20036.jpg
[/QUOTE]

didnt mind the stadium to much when i was there, decent noise from there fans, however the industrial state all around of it, is horrible =/

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just seen this thread. Bit wanky isn't it and why the f*** we focusing on Saints.

Yes it is a bowl but lets not get all exclusive, our stadium is nice but aside from the west it is pretty standard on 3 sides.

Anyway , our stadium is brilliant and Saints is pretty good. The noise they got in there was good and it is a decent size so who really cares. Its the souless bowls that deserve more slagging off.

We shouldnt be all high and mighty , we will come across as a right bunch of c ts considering what we've been through

Probably time to revisit why I started the thread in the first place.

The modern design for stadia requiring over 25,000 seats is to have it as a bowl going all round. Only smaller teams can get away with having their new ground looking prettier.

If you post utter nonsense like that on here, you are simply asking for it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hey sheebs, why did you edit that post?

:wink:

Was just about to eat my dinner, saw you had another pop at me and couldn't be bothered to think of a reply when there were sausages in front of me XX

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Was just about to eat my dinner, saw you had another pop at me and couldn't be bothered to think of a reply when there were sausages in front of me XX

Oh I bet you couldn't :wink:

Seriously though, will you be changing your signature next season when it's proved correct.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Do you honestly believe you will be anywhere near correct with that figure?

Southampton doubled their attendances when they moved from the Dell. The Dell was infinitely more preferable to Withdean Stadium. We have just a big a catchment area and preliminary corporate/1901 sales would suggest there is great interest in the new ground.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Do you honestly believe you will be anywhere near correct with that figure?

Southampton doubled their attendances when they moved from the Dell. The Dell was infinitely more preferable to Withdean Stadium. We have just a big a catchment area and preliminary corporate/1901 sales would suggest there is great interest in the new ground.

When we were at the Dell, it sold out every time. If Withdean was sold out everytime then you couldn't possibly wonder who would of gone but couldnt. My point is its not sold out though.

Even if you had an extra 10,000 fans who on average decided to go every other game, that would give you an average of 5,000 extra per game. And i'm fairly sure that when you were in the division 2 at the goldstone your attendances were only around 10-11k even with a higher capacity.

I reckon predicting just under double your current attendance is quite generous.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. And i'm fairly sure that when you were in the division 2 at the goldstone your attendances were only around 10-11k even with a higher capacity.

When we were on a roll as a team, which we are at the moment as well, our crowds at the Goldstone regularly topped 24000 in the old Third Division. Now sure we've lost a load of fans with what's been happening but to suggest we will only get 12k crowds in the 1st year at a state of the art stadium, especially if we manage to get into the Championship is just wishful negative thinking on your part

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
When we were on a roll as a team, which we are at the moment as well, our crowds at the Goldstone regularly topped 24000 in the old Third Division. Now sure we've lost a load of fans with what's been happening but to suggest we will only get 12k crowds in the 1st year at a state of the art stadium, especially if we manage to get into the Championship is just wishful negative thinking on your part

Guess it depends on which Div your in next season. What were your crowds for the 90/91 season where you ended up one win away from the prem? Surely you were on a role then.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When we were at the Dell, it sold out every time. If Withdean was sold out everytime then you couldn't possibly wonder who would of gone but couldnt. My point is its not sold out though.

Even if you had an extra 10,000 fans who on average decided to go every other game, that would give you an average of 5,000 extra per game. And i'm fairly sure that when you were in the division 2 at the goldstone your attendances were only around 10-11k even with a higher capacity.

I reckon predicting just under double your current attendance is quite generous.

I think you are being incredibly myopic.

For a start, Withdean is like no other stadium in the football league (bar Don Valley). Crowds plummeted during the 90s as the recession bit, the Goldstone wasn't particularly a friendly place, the team was run down by the former owners and the future looked very bleak. Combine that with the rise of the Premiership and you can see why crowds never really recovered to anything like their former levels.

Now, two seasons in Gillingham and a long spell at Withdean is hardly conducive to attract new fans and old fans back to the club. We pretty much do sell out nowadays, but sitting at the mercy of mother nature and high prices associated with that do put people off.

I think 12,000 average is way below what the club should/would expect. I am thinking that much of the first season will be sold out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here