Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the benefit of our Southampton supporting member....

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
That is because Southampton is a city full of large depressing, derelict former industrial sites crying out for something to be built on them.

Unfortunately Brighton doesn't have much in the way of vast industrial employment-graveyard wastelands. We're surrounded by rolling hills and sea. Southampton is surrounded by empty dockyards and retail parks
:shrug:

Wouldn't disagree. Brighton is a miles better place to live thats why i've lived here since 1995 (unlike my BHA supporting brothers) and before that, West Sussex. It's also a much smaller city than Soton albeit with a million times more character. But it's the footy club I support not the town.

If stadiums designs were turned into hats you wouldn't get in with your SMS hat

Lets face it, that wouldn't happen.

Be fair, after playing for years at the toilet known as the Dell (hell, it made Fratton Park look like Wembley) it's no wonder they think St Mary's is so good,

Do you really want a conversation about our previous grounds?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Poorly built ? What repairs ?

As for the location, it is walking distance from the town centre and loads of pubs, what's more it's in the St Mary location which is where the club was formed in 1888. Yours is in the middle of nowhere in a location with no connection to your heritage.

Lets see where you are when the gloss has worn off your new ground

A mate of mine down in Southampton is making a very tidy living out of almost constantly working on your stadium.

Yes ours is on the edge on the town but the stadium is still in Brighton, only half the coach park is in Falmer actually, it is also hardly in the middle of nowhere it's very well served by buses and trains already.

Our stadium has been built to the very highest standards from the highest quality materials (hence the higher cost) it will be fine in 7-10 years time.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
A mate of mine down in Southampton is making a very tidy living out of almost constantly working on your stadium.

Yes ours is on the edge on the town but the stadium is still in Brighton, only half the coach park is in Falmer actually, it is also hardly in the middle of nowhere it's very well served by buses and trains already.

Our stadium has been built to the very highest standards from the highest quality materials (hence the higher cost) it will be fine in 7-10 years time.

Am I the only one who finds it hillarious that your claiming oneupmanship on the quality of the building material of our respective stadiums?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wouldn't disagree. Brighton is a miles better place to live thats why i've lived here since 1995 (unlike my BHA supporting brothers) and before that, West Sussex. It's also a much smaller city than Soton albeit with a million times more character. But it's the footy club I support not the town.

Was it a knock on the head at a young age that made you go against the family grain and support Stains or were you after a bit of glory hunting and decided the nearest club in the upper tier was just down the road from 4th division Brighton?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Am I the only one who finds it hillarious that your claiming oneupmanship on the quality of the building material of our respective stadiums?
I'm finding it a bit lame to be honest. He knows some handyman who does some odd job work at St Mary's and that is apparently proof that the place is falling to bits?

Apparently there's a bloke who cleans the windows at Canary Wharf all year round. I hope the people who work there know the place is on it's last legs.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I'm finding it a bit lame to be honest. He knows some handyman who does some odd job work at St Mary's and that is apparently proof that the place is falling to bits?

Apparently there's a bloke who cleans the windows at Canary Wharf all year round. I hope the people who work there know the place is on it's last legs.

:thumbsup:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3856303 said:
Cry in a minute, he's gonna cry in a minute....

:cry:

How is stating fact try to claim one upmanship?

OK, oneupclubship. Pointing out that SMS needs maintenance now and again. Who cares?

Was it a knock on the head at a young age that made you go against the family grain and support Stains or were you after a bit of glory hunting and decided the nearest club in the upper tier was just down the road from 4th division Brighton?

Nope started supporting Saints in 81 when BHA were also in Div 1. Keegan was attraction. (and the need to be different from Sim)

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Erm...:bigwave:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought all stadia would need regular maintenance and general upkeep, particularly those that are more than 5 years old.

Nope starting supporting Saints in 81 when BHA were also in Div 1. Keegan was attraction. (and the need to be different from Sim)

Crikey. I had a feeling you were younger than that. Was it the hair that did it?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I thought all stadia would need regular maintenance and general upkeep, particularly those that are more than 5 years old.

Crikey. I had a feeling you were younger than that. Was it the hair that did it?

It was more down to this:

BTW, steward433 = owned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here