Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferguson sacked!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It's an interesting area, where do you draw the line between a bit of live-and-let-live, second chances and all that - and wanting nothing to do with the bloke. I think you have to look at the specific facts of the case.

Take three recent (ish) examples, Graeme Rix, Darren Ferguson and Lee Hughes. I think what Lee Hughes did, especially fleeing the scene, was unforgiveable. Rix was at the very least an idiot, particularly since the guy was over 40, married, and had his own kids. Did he think she was under-16? Probably not, and I wouldn't quite put him in the same category as the real paedophile sickos, however he will always be treated the same by many. Ferguson's crime is perhaps less serious by comparison purely on the facts of the actual case, not to belittle the wider crime of wife-beating in any way.

Just regardless of the rights and wrongs, I once went to a Millwall v Portsmouth match when Rix was at Pompey, and I don't know anyone could have stood on that touchline for 90 minutes. The abuse was frightening.

Some good points there and I agree with your assessment of the individuals mentioned. DF is certainly not evil incarnate, I just think that anyone capable of kicking a woman in the stomach (and I really don't buy the 'i lifted my leg but didn't mean to make contact, what was he doing? a jig?) is not someone I could feel good about managing my team.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would love to see that!!!! I hate that bloke!!!!

Durhams alright. I don't always agree with his views and he clearly takes a polar opposite view at times just for a wind-up. But he generally argues his points quite well.

And he is the only bloke at that station who has any CLUE about the existance of football outside of the Premier League.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

The article says:

The court heard that Ferguson, 35, raised his leg and struck wife Nadine's stomach during a row in the driveway of his parents' home in Wilmslow, Cheshire.

A spokeswoman for Cheshire CPS said: "The basis of plea was that he raised his leg and collided with the victim's stomach, causing her to fall.

"The defendant accepted that his behaviour was reckless but he had no intent to injure the victim or connect with her in any way."

Sounds to me that itw sa spossible he really didnt mean to do it... although sounds a bit bizarrre

The fine (which seems quite lenient if serious) suggests that itw asnt as serious as 'beating' his wife.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sounds like she tripped and fell onto his leg just he was lifting it to do his shoelace perhaps.

Your honour.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sounds like she tripped and fell onto his leg just he was lifting it to do his shoelace perhaps.

Your honour.

Unlikely :lolol:

But stikll beating suggests repeated hitting not a reflex action in a moment of high emotion immediately regretted. No that Im conconing it but it doesnt mean wifebeater does it

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
How exactly do you raise your leg and strike someone in the stomach without meaning to? Bizarre indeed considering it was during an argument. Perhaps he closed his eyes and did a little Scottish jig his dad had taught him to do when he gets stressed and at that very moment his ex inexplicably stumbled forward onto the jigging leg? It seems pretty obvious to me he lost his temper and kicked her. There wouldn't have been any case to answer otherwise. Sure it's not beating her to within an inch of her life but it's still a pretty nasty thing to do to anyone, let alone a woman (kicking a woman in the stomach leaves me cold for obvious reasons).

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Getting back to the point, he would be a great acquisition, and surely Bloom must be on the phone to his agent as we speak!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Rix was at the very least an idiot, particularly since the guy was over 40, married, and had his own kids. Did he think she was under-16? Probably not, and I wouldn't quite put him in the same category as the real paedophile sickos, however he will always be treated the same by many.

I don't know what basis you have for saying "probably not". It could be "Didn't care".

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I don't know what basis you have for saying "probably not". It could be "Didn't care".

I'm guessing Tooting said 'probably not' because a lot of 16 year old girls look considerabley older than that. That's more likely than he 'didn't care'.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How exactly do you raise your leg and strike someone in the stomach without meaning to? Bizarre indeed considering it was during an argument. Perhaps he closed his eyes and did a little Scottish jig his dad had taught him to do when he gets stressed and at that very moment his ex inexplicably stumbled forward onto the jigging leg? It seems pretty obvious to me he lost his temper and kicked her. There wouldn't have been any case to answer otherwise. Sure it's not beating her to within an inch of her life but it's still a pretty nasty thing to do to anyone, let alone a woman (kicking a woman in the stomach leaves me cold for obvious reasons).

I once did a Kung fu kick and kicked my girlfriend in the face without meaning to....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Someone should have told Graham Rix that.

Indeed. All I was saying was that, and this is from memory so I could be wrong, in the Rix case she was just under 16 and all glammed up in a club for 18s and over. That makes him an idiot, but not quite in the same category as a sick weirdo in a mac waiting outside a school. Anyway, as I said, not that Millwall fans were drawing the distinction the night I was there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here