Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferguson sacked!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Excuse the pun but that is a total cop-out. I'd have thought a woman in your occupation would know better. Do you really equate assaulting a woman to being 'a bit naughty'?

Don't you think you're being a bit holier-than-thou about this? The bloke did wrong, he admitted it, pleaded guilty - and just looking at the modest sentence/fine, you can tell that either he was very remorseful about what he had done, or it was essentially an argument that got out of hand, or both. Doesn't make it right, and he'll have to live with people bringing it up for years I expect. Have you ever f****d up? And how would you cope with people bringing it up years later every time your name was mentioned in any context?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
What is a fact is that 2 women every week die in the UK as a result of domestic
violence, therefore it is a lot more common (at whatever level) than people often think. It's probably going on with people you know, like I said, the law of averages.

Exactly and this is the important point; do we really want someone capable of domestic violence managing our club? I think Dennis Wise is no angel and while I take Mr.Bananas point about any violence towards another human I do think there is a difference between a man capable of seriously assaulting a woman and one who has had a few fights with other men.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Don't you think you're being a bit holier-than-thou about this? The bloke did wrong, he admitted it, pleaded guilty - and just looking at the modest sentence/fine, you can tell that either he was very remorseful about what he had done, or it was essentially an argument that got out of hand, or both. Doesn't make it right, and he'll have to live with people bringing it up for years I expect. Have you ever f****d up? And how would you cope with people bringing it up years later every time your name was mentioned in any context?

No I certainly don't think I am being that.

Yes, I've f***ed-up many times. What I haven't done, and would never do, is hit a woman. If that's your definition of 'holier-than-thou' then I guess I am.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Were there plenty of loanees at Peterborough then??...serious question

i think he has only ever borrowed a couple from his dad but maybe he didnt feel he needed too? he also has a good eye for players, Mackail-Smith, Maclean and Boyd all came from non league, He also sparked new life into players such as Dean Keates and Tommy Williams. two promotions in two years and only been a manager for 6 months more than that. I think he's decent. As for the wife beating issue, its a terrible thing to do i just hope he has learnt from it after all i think you have to earn your second chance.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Yes, I've f***ed-up many times. What I haven't done, and would never do, is hit a woman. If that's your definition of 'holier-than-thou' then I guess I am.

Neither have, or would, I. But I have seen enough of life to know that arguments over childcare between estranged parents can get very nasty, and not always just from the bloke. From what I remember of the facts of the case, he didn't actually strike her although there was clearly an assault, which as we all know, he admitted after changing his plea to guilty.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

There are some women that beat up men, so wheres the equality in not hitting back.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I think these Ferguson threads are nonsense........apart from The Sun piece, there is nothing, anywhere about anything related to this. Presumably the article in The Sun was published this morning and its now 17.00 ish . I think we should be told !

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would have him as manager over the likes of Cotterill,Wise or Tillson anyday
he seems a good motivator despite his past which is disgraceful however we forget like edna alluded to that past players or managers have probably done similar or worse. He stood up and admitted it (does not excuse) and has moved on. We had Slade with Gross misconduct (alleged gambling problems). mickey thomas had his problems we seem to forgive some people because there face fits or there "cheeky"

Im just saying he is not a bad choice as manager not ideal past, but why not

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Not on the Posh site either, me smells a wind up!!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
09 November 2009
By Mark Plummer
4.55pm: Peterborough United are remaining tight-lipped on reports suggesting that they have parted company with manager Darren Ferguson this afternoon (Monday).
Director of football Barry Fry and chief exective officer Bob Symms both refused to comment when leaving London Road moments ago.

The city club slumped to the bottom of the Championship table following a 3-1 defeat at Newcastle on Saturday.

Ferguson has guided Posh to back-to-back promotions since his appointment in January 2007.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here