Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferguson sacked!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Neither have, or would, I. But I have seen enough of life to know that arguments over childcare between estranged parents can get very nasty, and not always just from the bloke. From what I remember of the facts of the case, he didn't actually strike her although there was clearly an assault, which as we all know, he admitted after changing his plea to guilty.

True, I know of many cases of dometic violence by women towards men. One of my first wife's co-workers suffers from depression and has a stammer due to being regularly assaulted by his wife. Like I said, maybe he does deserve forgiveness and a second chance (as a general rule I believe everyone does) but I would still feel very uncomfortable about having him managing the club I love. I accept that it's not so much of an issue for other people and as has been pointed out to me football fans are very forgiving as long as the man in charge is delivering the results.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
FFS! We need a GOOD MANAGER - nothing else matters

Do you really believe nothing else matters? By that logic you'd be happy with a convicted paedophile managing the club as long as he was a good manager. There are plenty of alternatives available.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hungry mate, while I agree I am not keen on havign a manager who is a wife beater I would want more than just what I read on BBC to convict him. It doesn't actually mention beating does it. Can you substantiate?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Do you really believe nothing else matters? By that logic you'd be happy with a convicted paedophile managing the club as long as he was a good manager. There are plenty of alternatives available.

It's an interesting area, where do you draw the line between a bit of live-and-let-live, second chances and all that - and wanting nothing to do with the bloke. I think you have to look at the specific facts of the case.

Take three recent (ish) examples, Graeme Rix, Darren Ferguson and Lee Hughes. I think what Lee Hughes did, especially fleeing the scene, was unforgiveable. Rix was at the very least an idiot, particularly since the guy was over 40, married, and had his own kids. Did he think she was under-16? Probably not, and I wouldn't quite put him in the same category as the real paedophile sickos, however he will always be treated the same by many. Ferguson's crime is perhaps less serious by comparison purely on the facts of the actual case, not to belittle the wider crime of wife-beating in any way.

Just regardless of the rights and wrongs, I once went to a Millwall v Portsmouth match when Rix was at Pompey, and I don't know anyone could have stood on that touchline for 90 minutes. The abuse was frightening.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Almost, but they should not be let anywhere the School of "Excellence" or Family Enclosure!

Where is it confirmed that Ferguson is a Pedo? Don't you think that you are taking things a little too far? Does anyone really care if he had a tussel with his wife? Nothing to do with football is it?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Almost, but they should not be let anywhere the School of "Excellence" or Family Enclosure!

Where is it confirmed that Ferguson is a Pedo? Don't you think that you are taking things a little too far? Does anyone really care if he had a tussel with his wife? Nothing to do with football is it?

WTF? You're either incredibly stupid or on a massive wind-up. Either way the ignore button looms.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Probably a better recent comparison is Marlon King, of course. He punched a slight young girl in the face breaking her nose and leaving her covered in blood. Then didn't admit it, lied it was someone else in court, but fortunately the jury came through in good style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here