Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferguson sacked!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Well we know Bloom has got a shortlist (which clearly won't include Ferguson) but if he's got an ounce of football sense - something I very much doubt he has sadly - then he'll be ripping up the shortlist and setting off towards Cambridgeshire in the morning.

I'd wager he has a few more ounces than you.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The fact remains, as much as I want him, I think he is ready to fry bigger fish sadly!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Here are the odds for the next Peterborough manager:

Gus Poyet 4/1
Dennis Wise 6/1
Gareth Southgate 7/1
Peter Taylor 8/1
Steve Cotterill 8/1
Steve Tilson 8/1
David O'Leary 9/1
Iain Dowie 10/1
Steve Coppell 11/1
Gary McAllister 12/1
Nigel Adkins 12/1
Paul Jewell 12/1
Mark Cooper 14/1
Gary Speed 14/1
Jeff Kenna 16/1
Teddy Sheringham 16/1
Simon Davey 16/1
Colin Calderwood 18/1
John Barnes 20/1
Tony Adams 20/1
Lawrie Sanchez 20/1
Andy Scott 20/1
Glenn Roeder 22/1
Ian McParland 25/1
Jimmy Calderwood 25/1
Gudjon Thordarson 28/1
John Gregory 28/1
Kevin Keegan 33/1
Billy McEwan 50/1
Jimmy Quinn 50/1
Steve Bleasdale 100/1
Ron Atkinson 200/1

Same old names.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Doubt it. If I'd been pulling the strings at our club for the last five years then, ok, we may not have the money to build a stadium (something for which we'll all be eternally grateful) but we wouldn't be such a f***ing shambles on the pitch and in the dugout.

You are clearly deluded young man, get help before it's too late. :smile:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Doubt it. If I'd been pulling the strings at our club for the last five years then, ok, we may not have the money to build a stadium (something for which we'll all be eternally grateful) but we wouldn't be such a f***ing shambles on the pitch and in the dugout.

Really? He's just been sacked by a team bottom of the championship. That to me indicates he's not going to get another championship job in a hurry. So where will he look in league one? To teams with potential I would think. Leeds, Charlton and Southampton all have managers, as do clubs with new stadiums like MK Dons and Huddersfield. With Falmer coming and a bit of money to spend, I'd say we're easily the next best proposition.

I agree with your final paragraph. Things change very fast in football. In the Summer he was being linked with Reading and WBA; he wouldn't have given you a second look. Now, a club with a new 20,000 seater stadium being built, a young and wealthy owner (mind he's just worked three years for one of those) and certainly with Championship credentials, may look rather attractive to Darren Ferguson.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

:facepalm: Oh dear.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Darragh MacAnthony their chairman is surely running out of funds. His business has gone down the pan on the whole & has really bad publicity, don't be surprised to see him bailing out too.
Don't know that he'd be able to sell either.

Is this the end of the road for Peterboroughs dream?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Here are the odds for the next Peterborough manager:

Gus Poyet 4/1
Dennis Wise 6/1

Same old names.

isnt it just. funny how Wise is top when he as supposed to be in the frame for us before Slades sacking according to some. just shows how much crap has been talked about our managerial situation and how much the bookies odds are meaningless.

Tommo2009

Nov 5, 2009
this isnt good news, means all our leading candidates are now being targeted by the posh, ha reckon Coppell will apply for it?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
So I guess I'm not going to be banned then.

Is there any remote possibility that he was sacked for applying for another job? Maybe ours?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Why is that so hard to believe? It's not that I'm anything special, it's that in my opinion 80% of our supporters could have run the club better from a football point of view over recent years. Sacking after sacking, hundreds of players, no passion - we're a joke. Let's hope the new man is good enough to revive a corpse.

Surely then you would have to be manager? The only part of your post that is the chairman's responsibility is hiring/ firing managers, which Bloom has done once (last week).

I'm sure every one of our fans, including me, thinks they could pick a team to go out and win every week, but confusing that and thinking the club would be far better off if you had been in overall charge for the last five years is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

I imagine that you, again like me, have very little idea of what goes on in the day-to-day running a football club, and what influences decision making.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I've not said he doesn't deserve to earn a living, all I've said is I'd rather he didn't do it at my club. Read posts properly you muppet.

Oh I did thanks. So what you are now saying is a potless and caotic club like ours should also be moralistic and sanctamonious in the selection of managers?

Have you heard the saying beggars cant be choosers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here