Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferguson sacked!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Someone should have told Graham Rix that.

I'm sure he was aware of that and what he did was risky to say the least. This is a real can of worms but I agree with Tooting in that a man having sex with a consenting teenage girl who appears to be of age (and lets not forget 16 is a legal age that was decided upon for our society and most girls are sexually active below that age) is a world away from sexually abusing a child.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Then my friend we will have to disagree. To me it is an abusing relationship. He is abusing his position of authority and power. I have just read the BBC report - and it does not look good.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Then my friend we will have to disagree. To me it is an abusing relationship. He is abusing his position of authority and power. I have just read the BBC report - and it does not look good.

I think this is a debate for somewhere else but to clarify; it is an abuse of position/trust and he should have known better. However, the potential emmotional and physical harm done to the girl in question cannot be equated to that of a child in mind and body being sexually abused. There is a difference.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What makes me laugh is when losing 3-1 to Newcastle is the final straw for the Posh board. Who the f*** do they think they are??

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
If this is true it's perhaps the most astonishing sacking I've ever known. He took a Posh team that'd been going nowhere for years, to back-to-back promotions. The relationship he had with McAnthony, The Chairman, seemed one of the most sound in football. It is unbelievable.
Regarding a couple of points raised in this thread; Peterborough was his first job in management. I backed Peterborough two seasons running, presuming that his father would send a lot of talented youngsters on loan. I'm not aware of any manu players going to London Road in the two and half years Ferguson has been there. I made a good profit despite my logic proving faulty.
Finally, if Ferguson is available, he blows every other name out of the water. If Bloom can persuade him to go to the South coast then (despite some nasty personal traits) it must be Darren Ferguson.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
For those who don't know:

BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Ferguson's son admits wife attack

There's no way I could clap this arsehole out onto the pitch. He may deserve forgiveness and a second chance, I don't know him, but not at my club. Any man who can beat a woman, let alone their wife, is a lowly creature.

Maybe not forgivness but what about rehabilitation of offenders/ Doesn't he deserve to earn a living?

Try and get a sense of proportion you muppet.:wrong:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Geoff Boycott's one of my favourite cricket pundits and he beat the SHIT out of his bird. What does it all mean?

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
You not happy? what's the general feeling among P'boro fans about his departure?

(presuming your a Peterborough supporter as 'posh' suggests..)
Too f***ing right I'm not happy. See below...

If this is true it's perhaps the most astonishing sacking I've ever known. He took a Posh team that'd been going nowhere for years, to back-to-back promotions. The relationship he had with McAnthony, The Chairman, seemed one of the most sound in football.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Maybe not forgivness but what about rehabilitation of offenders/ Doesn't he deserve to earn a living?

Try and get a sense of proportion you muppet.:wrong:

I've not said he doesn't deserve to earn a living, all I've said is I'd rather he didn't do it at my club. Read posts properly you muppet.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I hope this sacking hasn't come a week too late for us to get him - he ticks EVERY box going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here